The Hal Jordan/Green Lantern Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think I don't know that? Green Lantern is a classic hero who has had almost the same exact costume since his creation in the sixties. Bane has been around for about 22 years and his classic interpretation would look silly on screen. Apples and oranges.

The closest they should get to a mask is Kyle Rayners original "thing" from the 90s.

No, it's not Apples and Oranges. The domino mask is on par with undies and spandex -- it's not a prevailing piece of the superhero's disguise in modern times. It's basically an article of homage to the source material. Yet, the domino mask could meet its fate sooner than later just as the spandex and undies did.

dont see how domino mask looks cheesy the way gl did sure but i have seen plenty of domino masks on screen that dont come across as goofy

I actually thought the domino mask looked fine in GL, regardless of whether it was necessary or not. Actually, I really liked the way the GL costume looked when it was finished. I wish they hadn't done it because it inflated the budget up to astronomical proportions, but regardless, the finished product looked cool.

I think most of the people who say it sucked are only doing so because they can't get the unfinished version from the first trailer out of their minds (and because they didn't like the film overall). When the GL WonderCon footage was released, everyone did a 180 and was talking about how awesome the suit looked. Then the movie came out and suddenly the suit was a POS again.

I do. By the end, far more characters were wearing domino masks than underoos.

I actually thought the domino mask looked fine in GL, regardless of whether it was necessary or not. Actually, I really liked the way the GL costume looked when it was finished. I wish they hadn't done it because it inflated the budget up to astronomical proportions, but regardless, the finished product looked cool.

I think most of the people who say it sucked are only doing so because they can't get the unfinished version from the first trailer out of their minds (and because they didn't like the film overall). When the GL WonderCon footage was released, everyone did a 180 and was talking about how awesome the suit looked. Then the movie came out and suddenly the suit was a POS again.

It all depends on how the writer explains its purpose in the story. If I were writing a screenplay, I would bring that topic up and indicate that the (Green Lantern) mask hides the person's identity by giving the observer the mental suggestion that the person is unidentifiable. This would be believable with a character that has a power ring that can do almost anything the wearer can imagine.

Hal Jordan doesn't wear a mask in the comics, he shouldn't wear a mask in the movies.

Simple.

???

I've always known Jordan to wear a mask. Or are you talking about a full face covering thing ?

Anyway, I think we won't get a proper GL movie soon. To do a proper GL movie it will cost more than Avatar and Dark Knight combined.

Of course I am talking about a full face mask lol.

If he cant have a domino mask how about Hal Jordan doesn't have a secret identity? All of his villains know who he is anyway.

The public doesn't. In fact, I thought Sinestro Corps War would have been a good time for Hal to unmask, but alas, it never happened.

I know the public doesn't but would it matter? Don't get me wrong I want it to stay the way it is but I wouldn't mind if he was like their Tony Stark.

Exactly. With the exception of a few minor villains, all of Hals foes live on other planets and know his name anyway.

I really liked the suit and mask in the GL movie and hope for Ryan to return as Hal. The series doesnt need a reboot or anything like that, just another director/writer.
If Hal is in the JL movie use the same design from his solo movie just do it physical and cgi the glow in post.
Also, Neil Patrick Harris as Barry please.

I am fine with the suit and mask in Green Lantern. But I'm not sure how it stacks in a realistic world like Justice League. So I'm hoping they make minor changes to it like making him wear an actual suit instead of CGI

Because a CGI suit looks fake and lame and it doesnt stack up against Supermans which is obviously a real suit, like armor. GL needs a real suit this time.

Im good with cgi stuff, I just think it has potential to be much better. Would love to see Hal in a real suit.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hal in a real suit...as long as there's an energy element to him. He kind of needs to look different than the other heroes anyway, for the proper dynamic.

Im good with cgi stuff, I just think it has potential to be much better. Would love to see Hal in a real suit.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hal in a real suit...as long as there's an energy element to him. He kind of needs to look different than the other heroes anyway, for the proper dynamic.

They'll have to do some CGI, even if it's just a spark of power around the chest symbol when he suits up or uses the ring. They'll need to be extra careful when it comes to the texture of the suit, too. I was glad that his suit was CGI in his flick, because GL's costume is one that could look really cheesy if done incorrectly.

I'm also hoping for white gloves this time. They make the ring stand out more.

i would rather lose the white gloves. After some consideration, I think I would like the mask. Maybe not a literal domino mask, but some variation of it would be cool.

I say keep the suit design and keep Reynolds but do the suit physical with CG enhancement and a new writer/director

I say keep the suit design and keep Reynolds but do the suit physical with CG enhancement and a new writer/director

Personally, I don't see why people want to keep an actor who did at best, a C-Minus job with the character in a movie that lost millions of dollars.

Yeah for real. Reynolds wasn't absolutely horrible but he just did OK. We need to move on and bring some new blood into the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"