The Incredible Hulk's True Size

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by FhFgJg, Apr 21, 2008.

1. The Joker_1000

The Joker_1000 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I've been thinking. If you're a male, why the hell should you care if he loses his pants? The last thing I want to see is a green wang when we're supposed to be getting a fight.

2. FrostBite

FrostBite Behind you.

What do you mean if you are male? What about females? You think they want to fantasize about THAT phew... talk about destroying your insides.

3. The Joker_1000

The Joker_1000 Well-Known Member

Well, they might, there are a lot of weird people out there.

Does anyone have a picture of that gigantic Hulk that was being discussed earlier?

4. GreenKToo

GreenKToo In the fire

Size doesnt matter relative to strength, at least in the C.B. world it doesnt.
    I mean look at Superman, he's barely more than half the Hulk's height and alot less in weight, but he's just as strong.

For the record, i'm looking more forward to this film this summer than ANY other one.

5. hame4479

hame4479 Well-Known Member

Man angs hulk looks like he would tear LL's hulk to shreds. He is ****ing giant!

6. hame4479

hame4479 Well-Known Member

And in my honest opinion the ILM stuff looks better than that new pic, which hopefully isnt indicative of the whole film.

7. ironwez20

ironwez20 Well-Known Member

you cant compare that fat puty hulk to a more savage hulk, come on people why in the world are we complaining about his size he still the hulk and hes still a freakin giant, it couldve been worse he couldnt have been green at all or worse he couldnt of been a midget just throwin stuff around why does everybody always find something wrong with a great looking movie.

8. Obi-Ron

Obi-Ron Deal with it

:huh:

Hulk is teh puffy?

9. Kirmit

Kirmit Big Green Machine.

Abomination in this movie is basically the same size Ang's hulk was, does that mean the new hulk is automatically going to lose to him because he's bigger? Actions speak louder than words and from what I've read in the script the new Hulks actions are screaming.

10. NoirMan82

NoirMan82 Well-Known Member

No way, no Hulk Schlong for me. I never saw pants as an issue. I can suspened my disbelief for that. I think Hulk's size is perfect in this film; big enough to intimidate anyone, small enough not to look completely dumb.

11. TheBeastWithin

TheBeastWithin Well-Known Member

Looks like Hulk's been working out since 2003.

12. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

hulk was obvious not fat. but in this pic he really looks funny. i will not lie. this is jsut funny.

the new hulk should have a bigger chest. but this is nitpicking. the body looks great.

13. Bubonic

Bubonic Well-Known Member

The new Hulk is just right, and it'll be all the more impressive to see a smaller Hulk tear **** up.
    Who says he can't swing a tank around... Bet he could.

14. Odin's Lapdog

Odin's Lapdog Well-Known Member

he could pick up betty with one hand before, he could barely get his hands round emil's head in that pic.

15. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

i think this could not work. a little to small for a tank. but not a problem.
    maybe he would not swing it. he would find a different way to throw it away.

16. Odin's Lapdog

psssssh, why make the hulk grow at all then...

17. sean61675

sean61675 Spider-Freak

The dough boy from '03 in that pic wasn't even as big as he was going to get in that movie. I really am blown away. First, everyone *****ed because of King Hulk in 2003 hitting a whopping twenty plus feet. Now, we get a Hulk who is technically taller than the majority of his comic book counterparts and from the look much heavier (probably 2,000 plus pounds) and finally looks the part of the classic savage Hulk and we still get complaints. WTF :whatever:

18. Odin's Lapdog

Don't complain because *gasp* people have opinions that *gasp* vary from your own. If you'd been on this site long enough, you'd realise that this is actually the norm.

i'm merely underwhelmed by his size as well as his general muscle mass in that pic. That is a male version of what i would expect if she-hulk was real.

ultimately size allows for big things to be done. By reducing him, reduces what is possible visually.

He wouldn't be able to use some cars as a roller blade or a bus as a skateboard or throw a car like a football. or systematically have enough of an arm span to warrant picking up a building.

but it is what it is. what it lacks in size, it probably (hopefully) should make up for in speed hoping they finally animate him properly.

no big deal at the end of the day

19. Obi-Ron

Obi-Ron Deal with it

Are you saying he should be doing these things??? :wow::huh:

20. NoirMan82

NoirMan82 Well-Known Member

Aside from the video game, Hulk has never surfed on a bus. By your logic Superman should also be a giant. The strength of this characters has nothing to do with their size. They're superhuman creatures that perform superhuman feats that boggle the mind. They don't have to physically represent that 100%. I mean, Hulk's leg is thicker than Blonsky's body, if that underwhelms you, you're hard to impress. But I can see where you're coming from. The new Hulk just looks a little more tangible in terms of size.

21. 3 Dev Adam

3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

Uh... actually, he did. I'll look for the panel, scan and post it.

22. Nivek

Nivek Well-Known Member

Why are you trying to make me angry? :cmad:

Other than Banner turning into a Monster, Hulk doesn't "grow". That is one thing I hated about the Ang Lee movie.

:bh:

23. Odin's Lapdog

why not, he's the hulk??? I dare say rollerblading isn't particularly cool but visually it could still work in today's market.

24. Odin's Lapdog

ah the difference between superman and the hulk is that superman is a super human character who is required to blend in with normal humans.

hulk is a uber human character which is suppose to stand out and wreak havoc on a biblical scale. his trade mark is referring to all as puny.

the hulk's size represents his freedom, freedom to let loose on all his surroundings. The problem is that the comics have shown him letting loose on all sorts of things but that is because they have changed the scale of the character and his surroundings (severity dependant on artist) in order to put this across.

I mean how can the hulk crush a car with his bare hands when his arm span isn't even the length of a vehicle, or how could he swing a tank when the turrent is taller than him (or his size).

I understand the whole 'he needs to be small enough to be relatable' yet he also needs to be 'large enough to cause mayhem' which is why i quite like the varying size idea AS LONG as he's always small/calm enough to interact with some characters on an emotional level. Best of both worlds so to speak.

I'm perfectly fine with small characters doing big feats, supes picked up a continent and through it into space in superman returns. That's fine because his size didn't limit him from doing that. I just hope that the hulk's size doesn't limit him from pulling off an equally spectacular stunt.

If they manage it, I'll be happy. If they don't I may feel that this may have been a reason why.

It's unfortunate that artists don't take things into account when drawing certain scenes as it grounds your ability to replicate it realistically on the screen. Same thing happened with spidey and his webswinging.

25. Nivek

Nivek Well-Known Member

"The Hulk can do anything" is a quote used for years in the comic. But Rollerblading... um, no.