Daredevil The Inevitable Costume Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at Avengers Captain America concept art vs how it ended up looking on film...haha...yeah...don't go by concept art

Yeah, concept are is just that, CONCEPT art.

I'm glad the suit looks awesome in motion as I had hoped. Loved the black unarmored costume much more than I thought I would though. Loved how it showcases Cox's physique in a comicbooky way. I think the nose guard on the red costume is unnecessary seeing how he did just fine with nothing but a cloth bandanna covering his nose.

This is Marvel Studios we're talking about...you can be damn sure the next version of the costume will be sleeker and even more comic book accurate.

Have to give credit, and say, the proto-superhero - Fairbanks Zorro style black costume, free-running[parkour before it had a name], build up to the modern "superhero" costume, was tremendous and fun!
Somewhat an inadvertent homage.

Zorro%20Fairbanks%20a1.gif~original
Zorro%20Fairbanks%20a2.gif~original

Zorro%20Fairbanks%20a3.gif~original
Zorro%20Fairbanks%20a4.gif~original

I wasn't expecting to like it so much, now like many I'm sad to see it go.

Last edited:
Look at Avengers Captain America concept art vs how it ended up looking on film...haha...yeah...don't go by concept art
in the concept art we saw there were multiple ideas as to what they wanted to do with the costume and i don't recall seeing the concept art until after Avengers came out, where as with Black Panther they have only showed us the one design which makes his case closer to the one in Captain America: The First Avenger where the concept costume is pretty much identical to the actual one(except the black became gray/silver)

i thought the music crescendo when the red outfit was revealed followed by kingpin saying "you" was fantastic.

Yeah, I wish they'd release a clear, full body shot of the suit.

...and that's the only thing that reminded you of Batman from the whole series?
I'm sorry to let you down, I have no other reason here but to comment on the two characters similarities to their suits.

Last edited:
Overall, the final suit was good, but there's a huge issue with it that they can fix very easily. Get rid of the clothing area around his neck and jaw.

Personally, that was the biggest issue I had with the red suit; the neck and jaw area. I think they need to get rid of the black clothing he wears around his neck and face. One of the reasons why his ninja black suit looked so good its that he had nothing around his neck and jaw area. So those areas had more room to breath and he looked lean and badass. He didn't look as...smushed. In his final suit his face kind of looks puffy, because the neck and cheek areas are getting smushed in by the suit. They need to let his face breath. Let it be exposed.

When he wears the red suit, the area around his neck and jaw look really awkward because of the black clothing he's wearing.

I understand the "practicality" of it, because it's suppose to protect his neck, but I think they can sacrifice that one aspect for a better looking DareDevil.

If they got rid of that neck and jaw lining and let those areas breath, he would look much better imo.

i thought the music crescendo when the red outfit was revealed followed by kingpin saying "you" was fantastic.

I thought the Terminator theme was gonna start playing :oldrazz:

Ive got no issue with the costume.

The costume looks so good in motion. I was so pleased after seeing the leaked pic Thursday that the costume is awesome.

I'd like to compare for a moment, all emotions and bad memories aside, the cowl/mask for each Ben's and Charlie's red costume.

daredevil_affleck.jpg

daredevil-red-1.jpg

I'm personally on Ben's side here. Very simple. Much more accurate to the comics.

He looks like the Flash.Why couldn't they give him eye lens,and make the horns stand out better and make the helmet not so bulky looking.Im expecting him to move super fast cause this looks like the Flash.

He looks like the Flash.Why couldn't they give him eye lens,and make the horns stand out better and make the helmet not so bulky looking.Im expecting him to move super fast cause this looks like the Flash.

I agree that the suit does too heavily resemble the Flash suit from the CW show. This could have been avoided by choosing a different tone of red and a less "practical" style. However, the suit does indeed have eye lenses, similar in fact to the ones found in costume from the 2003 Daredevil film. The lenses are an opaque red. I think it works quite well. Furthermore, the suit looks iffy in still shots, but in motion, it looks excellent.

Eh, no bad emotions or bad memories for me concerning the Affleck version, I liked it, and always have.

I do think that both costumes have pros and cons. The new one is growing on me so much. I can't wait to see what they do with it next season.

The Affleck suit is awesome, one of the better comic to screen adaptations, so it will naturally be hard to top. There was ALOT of work put into that damn thing back in 2002 developing it at the start of the Comicbook movie boom. I can appreciate that and what MSJ and co did.

I just don't understand the problem with a deep red and not this burgundy/maroon stuff.

I honestly like the suit as is. But if i could alter it, I'd probably make maroon a dark crimson or blood red, and then change the black to the maroon color.

I think it looks great. Of course, my only other exposure to DD is the 2003 movie, so what do I know? I think it's practical and works within the confines of the show. He's got to stay agile but at the same time, needs some physical protection. Also, stealth is one of his most important skills used throughout the show. Running around in a bright red suit just doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"