Daredevil The Inevitable Costume Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The costume in no way looks like it has heavy padding. Also, how do you know he's wearing kevlar? What if he's wearing carbon fiber plating?

Kevlar or plating doesn't matter.

You don't think of parkour wearing pads and shoulder guards and other stuff. Or trapeze artist swinging with kneepads.

In a world were you can literally make up an new maxo-predisposed-carbon-liquid biweave to deflect bullets, they could have made the suit look less like he was about to play Cricket.

I'd like to compare for a moment, all emotions and bad memories aside, the cowl/mask for each Ben's and Charlie's red costume.

daredevil_affleck.jpg

daredevil-red-1.jpg

I'm personally on Ben's side here. Very simple. Much more accurate to the comics.

May I remind you Affleck never actually looked like that in the film, not to mention the mask had a weird flappy bandana on the back.

I think this one beats the movie version. Ben's mask is a bit too plain for me and comes off like a plastic bald cap with horns. The costume itself overall is too simplistic and can seem like just a pair of leather trousers and jacket. I prefer the lightly armoured look here. Aside from the ear grates on his mask, I don't think there's much I'd change. Maybe give it more red than black, but I'm pretty happy with the costume.

I think this one beats the movie version. Ben's mask is a bit too plain for me and comes off like a plastic bald cap with horns. The costume itself overall is too simplistic and can seem like just a pair of leather trousers and jacket. I prefer the lightly armoured look here. Aside from the ear grates on his mask, I don't think there's much I'd change. Maybe give it more red than black, but I'm pretty happy with the costume.

That's the same problem I have with this one. That covering they have up the neck and sides looks like a hoodie underneath a horned helmet.

That's the same problem I have with this one. That covering they have up the neck and sides looks like a hoodie underneath a horned helmet.

Which is funny is that it gives a similar type of mouth opening to the mask as featured on Batman's mask.

landscape-1428603033-daredevil-red-suit-high-res.jpg

GalleryChar_1920x1080_BM_Cv38_54b5d0d1ada864.04916624.jpg

Though arguably it does give the impression of something like this also.

Premium-Format-Figure-Daredevil-Sideshow-Collectibles-2014-e1399428372433.jpg

For me personaly, I like that much of the suit seems like it's made of something more real and not say leather, rubber or spandex which maybe stands in for some unknown material.

May I remind you Affleck never actually looked like that in the film, not to mention the mask had a weird flappy bandana on the back.

What? Yes he did haha. The photo is a bit touched up but thats the costume. If anything he looked better in the film.

there was a flap on the back of his mask in a lot of scenes, but there were also tails in some scenes(the bar fight, subway, etc), they used several different masks. They started shooting with different masks than when they ended shooting. Of course there will be some inconsistencies, but it was made good by showing that Matt had a whole arsenal of masks, armor and weapons in his apartment. It was made originally to look like a tied bandana, Just like the black suit in the new series, it made sense.

Please let the outfit be 'Mark II' and season 2 gets a complete redesign.

Season 2 will probably keep the new suit for at least 5 episodes before upgrading it.

Season 2 will probably keep the new suit for at least 5 episodes before upgrading it.

Season 2 will probably be in 3 years time. If he hasn't got an upgrade by then I doubt he will 5 episodes in.

I assumed Season 2 would pick up right where 1 left off. But that does make more sense. But I prefer if they atleast keep this suit for 2 episodes of Season 2 before changing it. We didn't get to see enough of it in action.

I could see him maybe getting some tweaks to it for Defenders (or maybe a cameo in one of the other series), but I wouldn't look for it to be drastically different.

When in motion I didn't have a problem with it outside of the face. The lighting really obscured the odd coloring and when I'd see the outline, it just looked like pure DD. I don't think they needed black to break up the color of the suit at all. I really wish it was all red. It looks so terrible around the eyes and the nose, so the cowl is one part that I think the movie did better. I'm okay with the non bulky armor and everything. The suit was in the show for so little that I can't be mad at the design but I hope that they don't just stick with this.

If they just make it all red, fix the cowl and include the initials (now that he has a name), I'll be pretty happy next time.

After giving the suit another look, I feel that it bears too many similarities to the Deadpool suit. Similar color pattern with the blacks and reds.

when in motion i didn't have a problem with it outside of the face. The lighting really obscured the odd coloring and when i'd see the outline, it just looked like pure dd. I don't think they needed black to break up the color of the suit at all. I really wish it was all red. It looks so terrible around the eyes and the nose, so the cowl is one part that i think the movie. Did better. I'm okay with the non bulky armor and everything. The suit was in the show for so little that i can't be mad at the design but i hope that they don't just stick with this.

If they just make it all red, fix the cowl and include the initials (now that he has a name), i'll be pretty happy next time.

this ^^

Battle suit

vmDAgr3.jpg

PkePqb6.jpg

Come to think of it, this maybe as close to these two suits ever showing up on film as it gets:

DDarmored.jpg

secret%2Bwar.jpg

This 2012 deviantART piece isn't that far off from the mask seen as far as the nose portion goes:

daredevil_redesign_by_yifanjiang-d5cgso4.jpg

I mostly liked the costume. It had a functional look, but still preserved the basic outline of Daredevil. I think it was a bit busy around the chest with the strips of black in amidst the red, and the helmet looked a little clunky from certain angles. Plus, we need to have a DD added next time we see it, though it made sense for it not to be there at this point.

But it struck me that I was surprised by how little the not-quite-perfect costume bothered me, or how unconcerned I was by it not showing up until the last episode. I was so invested in Matt Murdock as a character and a hero, that whether he was a lawyer or dressed as the man in black, it all felt like the one guy. So I was too invested in his story for me to be itching for him to put his red suit on.

I'm cool with the silhouette but i'm not happy with how busy it looks. One of the appealing aspects of DD's costume had always been it's simplicity to me. The brow/ eye/ and nose area is crap though. I really hope they touch up and tweak elements to get it perfect for the series.

I'd love for them to risk it and completely remove the eye sockets. Kinda like a Robocop/eyeless man kind of thing.

I know he has eye sockets to protect his blind guy identity, yada yada, but live a little heh? He already had his eyes covered with the black mask and nobody noticed that aswell.

Last edited:
"OMG, the suit isn't tight enough! And it's not bright enough red! I can't get off!"

Finally saw the final episode. Suit looked fantastic. I'm glad they went with that instead of a bright red leotard or the 2003 pleather look.

Suit is ****, without a doubt
Too much padding, too busy in the chest area and hideous cowl, also the torso could be sleeker
I think they made the same mistake with this suit like what Sony did with the TASM suit, tried to be too modern and real, ended up changing too much and removing the basic resemblance to classic DD

I think a mix of the movie and series suit would be perfect.
Remove the padding but not make it as thin as the movie's, remove the black padding, atleast from the chest area and add DD, make the cowl simpler but not as simple as the movie

Last edited:
Also the black suit looked fantastic at all times, easily the best pre-suit in comics/shows ever, very practical too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"