Daredevil The Inevitable Costume Thread - Part 2

From what I can see: Red shoulder armor, red shoulder straps, new gloves/forearm armor, added knee pads, and removed shin guards. The suit is almost perfect, they nailed the cowl but I think they need to further streamline the rest of the costume. The torso portion is still tough on the eyes.

Yeah the torso portion still looks a little stiff but other than that it's great. Still way better than the leather outfit Affleck wore.

I will agree with that. The fabric they're using is the way to go. Spandex is a terrible idea for live action. Leather just bothers me because it looks inflexible, which isn't good for Daredevil. The material they use is the best fit (I do wish it was tailored to be a bit slimmer, but that's about it). I don't mind the texturing either, I just wish it was still red.

I think in some areas they may be trying to evoke the vigilante suit more, specifically the baggy pants and the way they pulled the sides of the cowl farther back.

I hope that in a future season they get somewhat longer combat batons/billy clubs for Cox to brandish. The pair Stick gave him actually could be used for fighting. The ones in that pic are just to snubby to be of any real use. Granted, I know, fantasy martial arts... Still as a Kali guy it bugs me.

I agree. A lot of times (in the comics as well) his clubs are portrayed as really short. I don't know that the optimal length is but as you said the wooden sticks seems pretty perfect.

Well Baggy pants are easier to put on and move in. Alot of karate gi is baggy to allow more free movement.

I actually like the look of BOTH costumes from the promo. The updated version of the season 1 costume looks improved and the new completely red one looks even better. Simplified yet better looking and probably easier for the stuntsmen to perform in.

I agree. A lot of times (in the comics as well) his clubs are portrayed as really short. I don't know that the optimal length is but as you said the wooden sticks seems pretty perfect.

In the comics he uses his clubs like nun-chuks quite a bit so the shortish length kinda makes sense in that regards.

I don't think he'll be doing that one the show so their stubbiness is not necessary and is indeed a weakness to their usefulness.

They should be more this length to actually be useful:

daredevil-trailer-batons.jpg

I for one am happy Marvel is staying with textile fabric for the armor instead of sculpted or rigid bits.

I for one am happy Marvel is staying with textile fabric for the armor instead of sculpted or rigid bits.

Thankfully, fabric seems to be the go-to these days. It's finally become common enough and well done enough that designers will consider it instead of dismissing it it favour of leather or rubber.

Even when they don't go fully fabric, they at least use a lot more of it.

Wow,really? That's awesome.

hmm, i guess il wait n see what it looks like but why would his eyes need to move; he's blind.

I'll re-watch to confirm. I remember, for whatever reason, that they move...or blink. I don't remember exactly. They don't look like a piece over the eye, like Affleck's...they look like an actual thing. I'll rewatch to confirm.

I'll re-watch to confirm. I remember, for whatever reason, that they move...or blink. I don't remember exactly. They don't look like a piece over the eye, like Affleck's...they look like an actual thing. I'll rewatch to confirm.

by rewatch do you mean you have access now to rewatch? if so, that's awesome and i am even more jealous :p

It has more red in the footage. They have painted some areas like the shoulder pads and the hands where in the billboard you can see the pads are still unpainted. It has more red than black now.

Didn't the trailers show both costumes, season 1 and 2? Perhaps its going to be like The Dark Knight, where we'll see the old costume before being upgraded into the new one.

Punisher looks GREAT!!!!

And you know what, I love Elektra's costume too. Ignore the trolls who say otherwise.

Yes, he has 2 different costumes in season 2.

Or 1 1/2, really - the Mk 2 costume is still 80% the same as the first one. It just fixed the most egregious part and altered a few others.

I just hope the changeover happens closer to the start than the end of the season.

I still think the revised DD costume could use some tweaking, but seeing all 3 of them together is getting me super excited for Mar 18 and is also making me forget about the small things I don't like with the DD costume. Punisher looks excellent, and also loving the black ninja direction they took with Elektra as I was never even remotely a fan of her skanky ridiculous comic costume, especially for a live action version (look no further than Garner's Elektra).

Last edited:
Batons still look too short there.

If they're not planning to have them linked up with wire, make them longer.

Still too much black :/

I've heard a lot of people say that, but does the costume really have more black than the costume often has in the comics? I know that the costume in the comics is supposed to be only red, but the artists often use shadow to break up the red, which I think makes the suit look better. The costume in the comics often looks red and black.
027.jpg
Daredevil-fi.jpg
And here's a picture comparing Spider-man and Daredevil. Spider-man doesn't need all that black, because his costume doesn't consist of just one colour.
latest

The black in those images is simulated shadows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"