Daredevil The Inevitable Costume Thread - Part 2

All three costumes look soooo sick. I was actually a fan of the S1 suit, although the changes make it look even better.

Yes, that's what I wrote. But the artists use that to the fullest to break up the costume, so it isn't just red after red.

I understand that, but it's still a touch too much. I like it in the neck and the gloves. It's the chest and stomach area I have a problem with. Let's keep in mind that the use of black for shadow has extended to the mask before, but the black in the mask was the biggest complaint I saw since last season.

I mean you can use shadows in the lighting for the TV show too you know, but I digress.

I think they made noticeable improvements to the costume this season. Hopefully that can continue.

And I'm very happy with the revised costumes for Punisher and Elektra shown in the new promo images. Those are very encouraging. More than anything, I want to see if Castle is going to get that gatling gun.

I knew they wouldn't totally redo it. Suits too expensive to fully dump. so yeah they had to make mostly micro changes.

As to that Spider-man example? Well other artist add in the black if not switch out the blue for black.

Still in real life they can have those shadows.

Now as to the black on the suit. Do remember that Daredevil will not be full illuminated at all times. All that black may really not be an issue and just enhance the red on the suit. Contrast is very important.

Remember we need to consider full movement and not standing for a picture.

Just saw Deadpool finally. I was actually impressed by how well the costume seemed to move and allow Ryan and his stunt-guys movement in the action scenes.

12771550_1721119681457601_3076584134497299530_o.jpg

LOL... is it just me or do Frank and Elektra look like they're side-eyeing each other here because they both want Matt and they don't want to share? :woot:

I understand that, but it's still a touch too much. I like it in the neck and the gloves. It's the chest and stomach area I have a problem with. Let's keep in mind that the use of black for shadow has extended to the mask before, but the black in the mask was the biggest complaint I saw since last season.
Yeah, I agree with that. I would remove the black things from his chest and stomach, and just add a black DD symbol on the chest.

I mean you can use shadows in the lighting for the TV show too you know, but I digress.

As to that Spider-man example? Well other artist add in the black if not switch out the blue for black.

Still in real life they can have those shadows.

Now as to the black on the suit. Do remember that Daredevil will not be full illuminated at all times. All that black may really not be an issue and just enhance the red on the suit. Contrast is very important.

Remember we need to consider full movement and not standing for a picture.
True, but it's easier for an artist to add shadow that breaks up the costume in a good way in a comicbook, than it is in a show or movie. A costume that consists of just one colour can easily look quite dull in shows and movies. Personally, I found that Affleck's Daredevil suit and Flash's suit from the new TV show suffered a little from that problem.

I'm quite okay with the costume design. It's a bit too much black for me, but I get the rational about shadows and such.

I do agree that a little less black on the torso would pull the design together.

I think the black works with the segmented look of the costume.

Ahhhh Romita Jr....the good ole' days. My favorite DD artist ever.

I really like what they did with the costume. It was one of my nitpicks with an otherwise excellent first season.

The red and black color scheme is fine, it's just that the suit still looks a bit busy and overdesigned in some parts, mainly the torso area.

Last edited:
surely there are torrents out there(actually...I know there are)....you just need to look.

surely there are torrents out there(actually...I know there are)....you just need to look.
I suppose I will have to look deeper. It was really easy to find the Miller, Bendis and Brubaker runs, but maybe Nocenti's wasn't as popular.

Last edited:
I suppose I will have to look deeper. It was really easy to find the Miller, Bendis and Brubaker runs, but maybe Nocenti's wasn't as popular.

Have you checked out Marvels online subscription? Or are you looking for a physical copy?

Have you checked out Marvels online subscription? Or are you looking for a physical copy?

Hmm, I have not, but I will! Thanks. I would love a physical copy, but I would have to see how much it would cost to ship it to ... hah, our country. :shock A fellow Swede, I see.

Would anyone know where you could find the Nocenti run online? I've been wanting to read it for some time now, but it's really hard to find. :csad:

If you're talking Marvel Unlimited (since I can't comment on internet piracy), the Typhoid and Lone Stranger periods of Nocenti's run are covered, but not the beginning and the end. The TPB cover the same period with the new Epic Collection Touch of Typhoid covers a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"