Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahoo! Movies will have a live stream of the LA premiere starting at 5:30 Pacific time on Wed. 4/24/13. Several cast members from the Avengers, Thor and Captain America are attending!
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/iron-man-3-world-premiere-set-april-24-185257679.html

Thanks for the link. Marvel is going to have stars from all of its films in attendance, so the live stream should be a lot of fun. The first red carpet I ever watched was for The Avengers and that was a ball.

BH--GQiCMAEaTxl.jpg

Someone at the IMDB claimed to have seen an early screening, now take this with a grain of salt

Hey,

Saw a pre-screening of the latest Iron Man movie - very good overall.

I thought the first Iron man was fantastic and developed a proper story using RDJ very well as the witty lead.

2nd movie I was not a big fan of, but this has brought me back.

I can't and won't go into plot, but needless to say this is a very entertaining movie and provides just as many laughs as a decent comedy.
Certainly more laughs than Scary Movie 5 which I had to watch the other week.

Some amazing twists, great acting and a story that is decent without being as good as the first.

The usual plot holes that most action movies have and a bit of a lack of dramatic moments, but overall it's a very good movie that will provide movie goers their value for money.

Will try to answer questions, but honestly don't want to give too much away, better to experience it yourself.

A screening just finished in the UK right now. Here are some reactions--

(from here)
‏@princesscharlie: ALL HAIL THE IRON MAN 3 CAST AND CREW
@princesscharlie: SERIOUSLY THOUGH THIS FILM MAKES THE AVENGERS (MY FAVOURITE) LOOK LIKE A JOKE OMG
@princesscharlie: Iron Man 3 is 10000000000 times better than you could ever imagine and Shane Black and Drew Pearce are my new heroes
‏@princesscharlie: So many unexpected things I can't even
@princesscharlie: I can't actually even begin to express how good that was. Better than EVERYTHING. Total shock! Seriously OH MY GOD
@princesscharlie: @Jasper_UTF I can't even begin to explain how amazing it was. Totally unexpected. Makes all the others look pathetic.
‏@princesscharlie: I AM IN SHOCK I CAN'T FUNCTION
‏@princesscharlie: AHSXBSOAHSBSKSISHZBISJSBSKZIUSNABS I CANNOT FORM WORDSHAHHAAJJAJZGXVAHQFDGGhsu

(from here)
@emmdib: Iron Man 3 is A LOT more like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang than I had dared to hope.

(from here)
‏@NickdeSemlyen: It appears the Iron Man 3 embargo has been melted by an Extremis super-soldier. 4 stars: witty script, big action and one whopping rug-pull.
@SeanKDLA: @NickdeSemlyen As long as it's better than IM2....
@NickdeSemlyen: @SeanKDLA MUCH better.
‏@NickdeSemlyen: @elab49 It's my favourite of the three by far.

(from here)
@MarkClarkMov: 2m
@RJRHQ @DaveMarquez IM3 - cool, thrilling & damn funny. 3D? Fine for VFX set pieces, but why I ask.. Screws up scale etc. End credits bonus.

More Twitter reactions from the UK:

Helen O'Hara ‏@HelenLOHara 1m
Iron Man 3, now we are allowed to tweet, is more fun than a bag of badgers. Watch twice to catch the lines you lost laughing first time.

film.com ‏@filmdotcom 2m
The Brits get the first word on IRON MAN 3. RT @NickdeSemlyen: Iron Man 3: 4 stars. witty script, big action and one whopping rug-pull.

Adam Lowes ‏@adlow76 4m
Iron Man 3 is like an scrappy 80s action/fantasy film with a $200m+ budget. This is a good thing. An absolute blast. #ironman3

Nick de Semlyen ‏@NickdeSemlyen 4m
It appears the Iron Man 3 embargo has been melted by an Extremis super-soldier. 4 stars: witty script, big action and one whopping rug-pull.

Olly Richards ‏@olly_richards 9m
Iron Man 3 was loads of fun. Not perfect (muddly middle), but cracking character stuff, genuine surprises & at least 3 superb action scenes.

Ryan Lambie ‏@ryanlambie 11m
Iron Man 3. Possibly the most irreverent superhero film yet made, politically speaking. Also: massive explosions.

Colin Farquhar ‏@farqs 3s
Just out of Iron Man 3 preview screening. Review: Brilliant! Ben Kingsley with standout performance - you'll see what i mean.. a bit genius!

More:

Reed Tucker ‏@reed_tucker 3m
I won't say what it is, but #IronMan3 post-credits sequence does not tease next Marvel movie.

Becky Reed ‏@DIYFilms 4m
We're allowed to say how amazing Iron Man 3 is then? Took all my willpower not to smother Shane Black & @mrdrewpearce in kisses this morning

paul ferrer ‏@paullferrer 5m
Robert. Downey Jr & Shane Black the dream team after the fantastic Kiss Kiss Bang Bang they do it again in Iron Man 3 reinventing the films

Helen O'Hara ‏@HelenLOHara 7m
Also, learn Rhodesy's computer password, fall in love with Stark's home robots and admire the guy with the dragon tattoos! #IronMan3

More:

I won't say what it is, but #IronMan3 post-credits sequence does not tease next Marvel movie.

Becky Reed ‏@DIYFilms 4m
We're allowed to say how amazing Iron Man 3 is then? Took all my willpower not to smother Shane Black & @mrdrewpearce in kisses this morning

paul ferrer ‏@paullferrer 5m
Robert. Downey Jr & Shane Black the dream team after the fantastic Kiss Kiss Bang Bang they do it again in Iron Man 3 reinventing the films

Helen O'Hara ‏@HelenLOHara 7m
Also, learn Rhodesy's computer password, fall in love with Stark's home robots and admire the guy with the dragon tattoos! #IronMan3

Funny. I know Reed Tucker.

So far the reaction from the UK previews on Twitter has been nothing short of incredible. Now I'm really, really, really hyped for this, where before I had only been really, really hyped. :word:

any spoilers so far?

No, but people on Twitter were apparently given permission by Marvel to tweet their reactions. I'm actually glad that there aren't spoilers coming out because that makes it hard for people who want to avoid them.

Iron Man 3 - thrilling, sharp, cool & v. funny, plus a genius twist. Add in a personal intro by Shane Black and you have an awesome preview.

oh yeah

Some more--
‏
@Mullane45: Shane Black proved an inspired choice to direct. Marvel Phase 2 is off to a hell of a start. #ironman3
@Mullane45 8m
Iron Man 3 is AWESOME. Completely erases the memory of it's dull, muddled predecessor.
@alexbarans: Loved Iron Man 3 and great to see the writer and director at the screening, very cool
‏@Big_Pants: Not sure I can talk about Iron Man 3 but it's.......... :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
‏@mattmaytum 2m
Iron Man 3 was enormous fun, with bigger laughs than a lot of comedies.
@spliggle 7m
Hear we're allowed to tweet what we thought of Iron Man 3. I bloody loved it. Surprising, action-packed and with bags of energy. Great fun.
@marcfc 8m
Iron Man 3 was excellent, incredibly funny and smart script, kudos to Marvel for hiring Shane Black. Ben Kingsley killed it. #Stark
@Groovyfokker 10m
With Iron Man 3, Shane Black has delivered the 2nd best action film of the '90s. With the budget (and a few other components) of the best.
‏@MarkWassmer 2m
Shane Black & Drew Pearce introduce the awesome IRON MAN 3 - what a team! Amazing film!!
@MissAnnieMcM 2m
Director Shane Black introduced his amazing Iron Man 3 at screening tonight - Sir Ben Kingsley is flawless!
@DIYFilms 4m
I thought The Avengers set the bar impossibly high. Nope. Iron Man 3 is thrilling, moving, funny and hugely satisfying, with AWESOME action.

Last edited:

Sounds like Latino Review was right then... I had my fingers crossed it would be something to do with the Mandarin. :csad:

‪@totalfilm_jamie‬
iron man 3 is v entertaining. Trajectory is pleasing unpredictable, it's smart, funny, substantial and action-packed. Great villain
‪@diyfilms‬
i thought the avengers set the bar impossibly high. Nope. Iron man 3 is thrilling, moving, funny and hugely satisfying, with awesome action.
‪
@showbizsimon‬
iron man 3 is seriously good fun. Equal measures humour, heart, action & brain. Just a straight up, good time movie that totally delivers.
‪
@screenone‬
iron man 3. Best of the series. Fantastic start to finish. Plus sir ben kingsley absolutely nails it. Worth the 2 years of toil mr. Black.
‪
@susieblues‬
can i tweet about how much i loved iron man 3? < 3 <3

For some negatives:
@NiallMDoherty:
So disappointed by Iron Man 3. Without being the guy who moans a Marvel film isn't "serious enough", it felt like an MTV Movie Awards skit.
@Nndroid:
Iron Man 3: what a mess. Smug, nonsensical and BORING. RDJ looks totally lost. 2/5 - will be amazed if there's an IM4.

Finally started to mention Kingsley. I was getting worried there for a second.

Reed Tucker &#8207;@reed_tucker 3m

I wonder...so is the rumor true of the end sequence being
Tony talking at Bruce Banner about his problems and Banner falling asleep while he's doing so?

T"Challa;25626677 said:
shucks..well, it was bound to happen at some point..lol
LOL, well, the ratio is very good though. It appears one of those reviews hated the comedy so ...

More positives (I'm not quoting each individually anymore)

&#8234;@totalfilm_jamie&#8236;: Iron Man 3 is v entertaining. Trajectory is pleasing unpredictable, it's smart, funny, substantial and action-packed. GREAT villain

&#8234;@DIYFilms&#8236;: I thought The Avengers set the bar impossibly high. Nope. Iron Man 3 is thrilling, moving, funny and hugely satisfying, with AWESOME action.

&#8234;@ShowbizSimon&#8236;: Iron Man 3 is seriously good fun. Equal measures humour, heart, action & brain. Just a straight up, good time movie that totally delivers.

&#8234;@ScreenOne&#8236;: Iron Man 3. Best of the series. Fantastic start to finish. Plus Sir Ben Kingsley absolutely nails It. Worth the 2 years of toil Mr. Black.

&#8234;@susieblues: Can I tweet about how much I LOVED iron man 3? < 3 <3

&#8234;@goulcher&#8236;: Best Iron Man yet.

&#8234;@artnouveaugirl&#8236;: &#8234;#ironman3&#8236; ...go see it, and enjoy :)

&#8234;@24FPSUK&#8236;: Iron Man 3: Easily and by far the best of the series. Great action, a wry script, a threatening and surprising villain + more besides

@samashurst: I'm still a bit in shock about how good Iron Man 3 is. I can't remember the last time I was caught off-guard at the cinema.

&#8207;@The_Shiznit: Bravo, @mrdrewpearce. Bravo.

Ok, sorry for spamming. I'll stop posting everything I find.

Funny that no one mentions Killian, especially after all the "he's the big villain!" stuff.

I wonder...so is the rumor true of the end sequence being
Tony talking at Bruce Banner about his problems and Banner falling asleep while he's doing so?

Sounds a lot more likely than the
GOTG rumor at this point. I still think that if someone listens real close to Tony's "nonsense" rambling, there might be some actual clues there that actually mean something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"