The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

lol, this is the most liberal-brained conspiracy theory bull**** I’ve ever read.

I wonder if they’re aware the number of people arrested also includes those who were also “around” and not “on” campus.

I’m going try to be nice here mclay and say that there are things in this world that are more important than Joe Biden and American Politics. And that the genocide in Gaza is not some made-up talking point by Republicans to get Biden out of office. You sound no different than MAGA and the “Deep State” right now.

But hey, thanks for the source from, uh, blogspot, with only unverified Twitter posts as a source.

edit: I swear the more I read this the more it pisses me off. The only message liberals are capable of conveying is “never do anything, and just accept the status quo.” They cannot conceive of a world better than this one, and the idea that it is in fact the institutions that are a problem and not just the people in charge is tantamount to blasphemy to them.

Last edited:
Please stop pretending Biden is president of Israel. He wants Bibi out of office as much as everyone else does.

Please stop gas lighting the 70% of Democrats under 45 who can plainly see Biden's unwavering support for Isreal.

Biden should stand with the rest of the world and denounce the ethnic cleansing and war crimes of Isreal while cutting off aid. He has done no such thing.

In fact he's denounced the protesters for protesting genocide than he has actual acts of genocide. Think about that for a moment.

I really dont know what people want Biden to do that goes against every other President, I saw this morning the US is delaying sending weapons and ammo to Isreal over the ceasefire collapse, the United States doesnt have much leverage over anyone over in the middle east, especially over a government dedicated to wiping out Palestine, the US is in a rock and a hard place, on one hand they have over the last 50 or more years under multiple administrations both Republican and Democrat unwaving support for an Isreali state but at the same time the massacre of innocent civilians at the hands of that very government can not be allowed to continue, but like every other soverign nation the world cant just stop them, they did have a right to defend themselves.
Whats overlooked here is Biden is doing the best he can, you think Trump would go over there and stop this? Got news for you, he would do more to help it along, the isreali government has already made comments supporting Trump, so if you think its bad now, just wait till Trump gets there.

What's happening in Gaza is not typical of the last 50 years.

Pretending it is, is disingenuous.

America has loyal allies in Western Europe but that would change quickly if a far right government was in power and began committing genocide.

Well the predictions that Gaza would be a non-issue for voters by November have proven to be laughable at best.

Honestly, we should assume that all major protests in the USA are infiltrated by nefarious forces, possibly including anybody from Koch to Soros to the FBI to the Russians.

But we shouldn't assume that all protesters are dupes. That second assumption doesn't follow from the first assumption. That just doesn't follow from the first assumption.

And honestly there is nothing surprising in Columbia students being able to pay $500 for tents. The undergraduate students are often the wealthiest demographic on Ivy League campuses. And I bet that not all of the tents are $500 tents.

What's happening in Gaza is not typical of the last 50 years.

Pretending it is, is disingenuous.

America has loyal allies in Western Europe but that would change quickly if a far right government was in power and began committing genocide.
Yes and no, this isnt the first time Isreal has invaded Gaza, this reaction from Isreal is for what Hamas did on October 7th, again, this was an escalation that has essentially backfired on Hamas, Im not sure what the endgame was for that attack but assuming Isreal would take a measured response to the largest attack it has seen since the 7 day war was poor calculaton, now, Isreal clearly is dealing with bloodlust and they are fully going for a complete destruction of Gaza, but yes, this is typical of the last 50+ years, Hamas attacks, Isreal retailates, just the scale of larger, but no this is not out of the norm for the region

Impossible to strike a deal when neither side really wants it. :(

If Biden brokered the deal the tetms might've been fair.

But we all know Netanyahu just wants to ethnically cleanse Gaza. He has zero motivation for a cease fire.
Exactly. His idea of a deal is Hamas members committing suicide en mass which isn't going to happen.

Part of the reason that people are turning to alternative media is that the mainstream corporate media, as in CNN/Fox/NYT, is each of biased, uninformative, and intellectually sterile. They're more focused on sound effects, flashing light, and zingers than they are on content.

When "Tucker on Twitter" stated (and I have not watched it), they actually mocked him for having lower production values. From what I can tell his show is indeed less slick, but ... The interviews are longer and more detailed than the micro-segments on TV.

Circling back to Israel and Palestine, the coverage in the MSM is incredibly shallow and biased. Nobody with any empathy or curiosity will turn to MSNBC to follow developments.

The mainstream media is not fulfilling it's mandate. If government bans tik tok, citizens will turn to other sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"