The Joker Thread - Part 1

Jake Gyllenhaal is honestly not the first actor to pop in my head when thinking about the Joker. Physically. But as for his acting chops, I could totally see him developping a set of tics and mimics to disapear behind. And then, there's the make up...
After all, Ledger wasn't screaming Joker neither, and yet...
So, just for fun, I quickly put something together, just to have a little taste.

s3oe.jpg

Jake Gyllenhaal is honestly not the first actor to pop in my head when thinking about the Joker. Physically. But as for his acting chops, I could totally see him developping a set of tics and mimics to disapear behind. And then, there's the make up...
After all, Ledger wasn't screaming Joker neither, and yet...
So, just for fun, I quickly put something together, just to have a little taste.

s3oe.jpg
Duuuuuuuude!

You gotta watch Nightcrawler man. And yeah that’s what triggered my speculation because he looks like he’s back in Nightcrawler shape lately.

Me again with my weird eyebrow fixation.

I like Gyllenhaal for the role, but they gotta do something about those big eyebrows of his. Either shape them down, or shave them off completely.

I guess you like it ? Ahah !

Searching pictures for my manip, I found Nightcrawler pics, never saw the movie but he kind of looks like Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Fleck in it. A skinnier look would be perfect for him to play the Joker.

arton27649.jpg
Yeah both of them kinda have that strange gaunt look, oily hair, and even similar wardrobes.

Honestly, I've noticed some similarities between 'Joker' and 'Pink Floyd- The Wall':

Both main characters are affected by the lack of a father figure in their lives.

Both movies involve some kind of physical transformation and downward spiral.

Both protagonists vent their rage onstage and/or on television, in their new personas, and manage to incite riots in their names almost immediately afterwards.

Both movies have a prominent sense of ambiguity, i.e. not really being able to tell how much of the story actually happened and how much of it was imagined by the protagonists.

I like Gyllenhaal for the role, but they gotta do something about those big eyebrows of his. Either shape them down, or shave them off completely.

latest

God no.

I know you're probably having Leto flashbacks because of that but the character's rocked the no-eyebrows look before in BTAS, Endgame, and Batman R.I.P.

While I can't say if that would work on Gyllenhaal, it's not unprecedented. But his eyebrows really bring out his big eyes when he's all skinny so I'm fine keeping them on.

Is there a reason Finn Wittrock hasn't been brought up more? Not saying he should or Shouldn't be but he has the look, acting chops, right age range, can play deranged and cool and collected. Not really an A lister but still

Is there a reason Finn Wittrock hasn't been brought up more? Not saying he should or Shouldn't be but he has the look, acting chops, right age range, can play deranged and cool and collected. Not really an A lister but still

What's he done to give an idea?

I like PROGNOSTICATOR!

Well this is my ego talkin, but the few Batman roles that I didn’t get right...it had everything to do with having tunnel vision when it came to age or race. Not thinking they would step outside of the white tradition for Gordon. Not thinking they would go with a rougher mid 50’s Alfred (and honestly thinking Serkis was too busy with Venom to do anything more than a Arkham cameo). Jesse Plemons was my choice for Penguin only because I figured they were looking at Jonah Hill’s age group.

Time to brag @AndyTrevino lol..

My DCEU Alfred picks were between Jeremy Irons and Malcolm McDowell. I knew in 2012 that Joaquin would destroy as Joker, but couldn’t see him in a Batman movie. I knew Margot Robbie would be Harley Quinn after Wolf of Wall Street in 2013. I knew Leto would play a Bowie esque Joker once I saw him in Dallas Buyers Club the same year (and with the news that Snyder was going for a veteran Frank Miller Batman). Only...Leto’s version ended up a little different in the end.

My intuition told me Jake Gyllenhaal would be a perfect Joker after 2014’s Nightcrawler, but it wouldn’t be for the DCEU (i also repped Jake HARD for Batman when I thought he was replacing Affleck). Dano for Riddler? Knew that in 2007. Kravitz for Catwoman? A no brainer, anyone else would have been disappointing. Lena Headey was my choice for 40 year old Catwoman in the DCEU (still think this is wise if Batfleck gets his own HBO series. Theron, Jolie & Eva Green were fancast to death so I always ignored them). Pattinson for Batman? I called it before it was even a rumour. People close to me thought I was mental.

My spidey senses tell me Christopher Abbott for Two-Face. Jake Gyllenhaal or if he’s younger, Caleb Landry Jones for Joker. Matt Reeves doesn’t make the casting choices until he asks me what I think is best for his movie.

Sick to your stomach yet? :) oh and Dick Grayson is either white or Asian in this universe. Two-Face and Joker will not be black. Richard Jenkins, John Gallagher Jr, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Jason Clarke will all be in this trilogy.

Very interesting track record there, Shauner!

So going off of your "Spidey Senses" as you put it, who would you say is more likely for Joker then; Jake Gyllenhaal or Caleb Landry Jones?

Another one, just for fun...

a3pw.jpg

Starting to warm up to the idea...

Man, this is really making me want to go back and rewatch Nightcrawler. Been ages since I saw that gem of a film.

Very, very nicely done!

Last edited:
I’m definitely digging Jake as Joker. He and Rob would give such a very powerful performance. They both have intense energy and I believe they would easily play off of one another.

Honestly the only reason I personally haven't talked about Jake for Joker much myself is more that I have no idea how likely it'd be. He would've made an incredible Batman had he replaced Affleck, and quite frankly he would crush it as Joker too.

Plus there'd be some interesting lineage for Jake landing the part, seeing as how he was Heath's co-star/love interest in Brokeback Mountain and both his sister and his brother-in-law (Peter Sarsgaard) have since played roles in Batman films.

But honestly? The best reason to have Jake as Joker would be to watch the insane car crash of a press tour that the film would have with him and Rob leading the way.

This would be a show for the ages, even apart from the movie itself. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"