The Joker Thread - Part 1

The Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad may show some Capullo-esque Joker though. I mean, that deleted scene where Leto is in a tux and a part of his face is f’d up with burns. The way the hair is messy on top.

I’ll wait and see in a year when the Batman comes out. If there’s no Joker appearance, and then in 2022 we see the full performance from Jared (there’s hours of Leto footage on the cutting room floor).

True, Leto's Joker did look sorta Endgame-ish in some deleted footage for Suicide Squad, but I think it's worth keeping in mind that it's unlikely the writing for the character was still more in line with that particular version of the character.

What's funny about Leto is he is by far the most comics accurate looking Joker in a lot of ways just covered with tattoos and stuck in awful, awful costumes.

View attachment 37661 View attachment 37662

Also, Alien 3 is one of the worst Alien movies for sure.

Alien
Prometheus
Aliens
Alien vs Predator
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Resurrection
Alien 3
Alien vs Predator: Requiem
I'll accept your heretical dismissal of Alien 3 and strange respect for Alien vs Predator as a token of my appreciation for your acknowledgment that Prometheus is top tier Alien though I much prefer Covenant. While a great deal drives me crazy about both and I ignore all the sequels when I watch the original including Scott's prequels, I hate Cameron's interpretation of the Xenomorphs and knowing what a Space Jockey actually is defeats the point of the Space Jockey I'm far, far more interested in Scott's weird esoteric cosmic horror than I am in James Cameron's incredibly boring and shallow interpretation which seems to be more popular.

Personally, I'd be interested in Alien moving away from the Xenomorphs and into being a broader science fiction anthology in the same setting. No one would watch that movie, but I'd love it.

Last edited:
What's funny about Leto is he is by far the most comics accurate looking Joker in a lot of ways just covered with tattoos and stuck in awful, awful costumes.

I'll accept your heretical dismissal of Alien 3 and strange respect for Alien vs Predator as a token of my appreciation for your acknowledgment that Prometheus is top tier Alien though I much prefer Covenant. While a great deal drives me crazy about both and I ignore all the sequels when I watch the original including Scott's prequels, I hate Cameron's interpretation of the Xenomorphs and knowing what a Space Jockey actually is defeats the point of the Space Jockey I'm far, far more interested in Scott's weird esoteric cosmic horror than I am in James Cameron's incredibly boring and shallow interpretation which seems to be more popular.

Personally, I'd be interested in Alien moving away from the Xenomorphs and into being a broader science fiction anthology in the same setting. No one would watch that movie, but I'd love it.
I liked the purple alligator skin coat and I won’t apologize for it. :o

I liked the flashiness, but the jewelry and his overly-personalized items threw the whole thing off.

There’s only one good Alien movie and that’s the original. Cameron’s Aliens is overrated. Not a fan, at all. Turned it into an obnoxious, dumb blockbuster.
I liked Aliens, but I kinda agree. I much prefer when they're treated like actual sci-fi horror movies. I just wish they explored the ideas in Covenant more.

Last edited:
I liked the purple alligator skin coat and I won’t apologize for it. :o
That's actually the look I went for in October 2016 as part of my ROTC halloween party. I'm so sorry for being cringe.

Screenshot_20200924-094857.png

I like all the Alien movies. Though I think the series is one of the ultimate cases of diminishing returns.

I like all the Alien movies. Though I think the series is one of the ultimate cases of diminishing returns.
I kinda want a sequel to Covenant with the proto-Xeno again but that probably won't happen. :-/

I'm sick of Scott's work on the series. Need new blood. Desperately.

Also Alien 3 rocks, you NERDS. :loco::funny:

Last edited:
I wasn’t mad at some of Leto’s costumes. The gaudy gangster approach was interesting. The meta tats and items were the lame parts.

Let's not forget the dialogue and actual performance. That was a weak spot too.

That said, I'd be all for Reeves taking another crack at a live action Joker that takes a lot of inspiration from Greg Capullo's artwork.

4214867-batman%2336_pg18.jpg

I wasn’t mad at some of Leto’s costumes. The gaudy gangster approach was interesting. The meta tats and items were the lame parts.
The concept was actually pretty cool. The execution sucked though

Leto's Joker just didn't seem to have any direction or solid characterization outside of trying to be as random as possible. It's almost entirely style over substance. That weird, meandering and meaningless club scene is probably the best example of this.

And I know that WB really screwed around with the final cut, but I don't think that would really change much with the character. I think it was bad execution from the start.

Having a Joker that's been fighting Batman for 20 years is cool. Having a Joker that's got some deep gang ties like in the comics (specifically his early days) that helps maintain him and his status as one of the top villains in Gotham is very cool. It may have been their intention to do something like that but what they ended up putting on screen was nowhere near that.

Apparently Ayer shot an entire movie of footage with Joker that never ended up in the trailers or movie. That went into his relationship with Harley and changed it to being more abusive. I’m interested in seeing it.

We now know there’s a line Batfleck says to Harley about Joker being the one who took Dick Grayson away from him (Harley had nothing to do with it). So maybe there’s a way to flesh that character out. It always seemed like there were therapy sessions in Arkham that we never got to see.

I don’t know if Reeves will go for the Capullo but considering his influences on this film, I am expecting the original silent era influence for the Joker to play a huge part.

I posted this in the "Leaks and Spoiler" thread but I figure it would also belongs to here.
I wanted to try to see what Barry Keoghan would looks like if he was cast as the Joker. His look doesn't scream Joker to me, but we know Reeves isn't shy with the make-up and prosthetic, so it wouldn't really be a problem.
Anyway here's what I did, with only a minimum of touch up to the face.
Hope you guys like it !

llip.jpg

Total Mad Hatter. :up:

I have to say that when I was doing the manip, I really thought about the Mad Hatter... When I added the card to make the whole thing looks like a Joker pic, it kind of ironically further underlined the Mad Hatter thing ahah.

It also reminds me of Talk Talk singer, now that think about it...

Last edited:
tumblr_l7gu7bZUbt1qcpzzmo1_500.jpg

Total Mad Hatter right there.
I kinda see Tom Waits as that particular Mad Hatter, or generally an older Mad Hatter

Idk, I kinda like Keoghan for Joker. I know the height is probably an "issue" but like with Hardy there's ways around that. Like I said before when he was brought up, Killing of a Sacred Deer really sold me. However, I wouldn't mind him as Hatter either.

It's not even the height that's the issue, he just looks much more suited to be the Mad Hatter than he does the Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"