Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if WB cast Stewart just because she's more box-office material than the majority of actresses suggested for WW?
Daddario, Blunt, Collins all suit the role better. For me, KS as WW would not be great or bad, just okay. I can live with it

What if WB cast Stewart just because she's more box-office material than the majority of actresses suggested for WW?
Daddario, Blunt, Collins all suit the role better. For me, KS as WW would not be great or bad, just okay. I can live with it

K-Stew is box-office material? :huh:

Her ventures outside the Twilight franchise haven't exactly been impressive. Her most recent film [SWATH] was considered a box office disappointment until it opened in other parts of the world.

K-Stew as Wonder Woman is not only :barf:, but it's a :facepalm:

And how many successes have Gina Carano had?? Yet she's a huge fan favorite.
Wouldn't WB take Stewart over Carano and Collins (one of my favs) if they think it will help the WW film make more money? Do WB even care about the character and how to do her justice?
WB only want $$$, that's all.

You have to understand that I try to explain how WB might do. But I guess all of you mistake what I'm saying for my personal opinion. Right?

And how many successes have Gina Carano had?? Yet she's a huge fan favorite.
Wouldn't WB take Stewart over Carano and Collins (one of my favs) if they think it will help the WW film make more money? Do WB even care about the character and how to do her justice?
WB only want $$$, that's all.

You have to understand that I try to explain how WB might do. But I guess all of you mistake what I'm saying for my personal opinion. Right?

Huge fan favorite? You do realize there's a large portion of fans that oppose the very idea of Gina becoming Wonder Woman, right?

Your theory doesn't make sense. If WB is money-hungry, then they wouldn't be looking to K-Stew for that.

Her pasty-ness is only the tip of the iceberg about what's wrong with her.

Her playing any superhero would be a complete failure. The sheer mentioning of her name in Wonder Woman threads is ludicrous.

Kirsten Stewart is probably my least favorite actress of all time. She even stood out in the Twilight films as an particulary bad element, and that's saying something. She's quite possibly the least charismatic actress in the world.. I had major problems suspending my disbelief in Snow White about her being "the faires of them all", being universally loved for her beauty and good heart isn't exactly the impression I get from Stewart..

Only kind of role I could see fit for her is an antagonist or negative support role of some sort.

Kirsten Stewart is probably my least favorite actress of all time. She even stood out in the Twilight films as an particulary bad element, and that's saying something. She's quite possibly the least charismatic actress in the world.. I had major problems suspending my disbelief in Snow White about her being "the faires of them all", being universally loved for her beauty and good heart isn't exactly the impression I get from Stewart..

Only kind of role I could see fit for her is an antagonist or negative support role of some sort.

Female Keanu Reeves.

Let's never talk about that Stewart girl ever again shall we?

I love Mila Kunis but she's absolutely wrong wrong wrong for Wonder Woman.

Gina Carano, when it comes to her look, is a huge win for WB. But it's still a goddamn horrible decision because looks is only half of what most of us wanna see with Diana Prince. I hope she's not chosen. I mean it can work if they write her in JL as a smaller role among the other male superheroes. But i dont want that for WW. She needs to matter more than Flash and Green Lantern. And we're getting a solo WW flick....and Gina Carano should NOT star in such a thing.

There's just as many Carano for WW haters as there are lovers of the idea.

Changing subject (because shauner111 asked) I have seen a lot of people put Christian Bale as Batman on their list of the ideal jl cast. I hate to be the one that breaks it to most of you but Bale can not be Batman in a JL film without pretty much spitting on the Nolan movies. The JL film can not claim to be seperate from the Nolan films with Bale in them, nor can they claim to be in the same continuity. Which reminds me, after seeing Avengers for the 100th time today(they always show it at my job) I couldn't help but wonder why didn't DC and WB do this back in 2005? That way, we could've had Bale, Routh, and Reynolds in their respective roles along with Kate Beckinsale and Ryan Gosling as WW and Flash( I only used them because I remember a rumor that they were the front-runners for those roles at one point. Not my personal choices, but not bad either) and Idris Elba as Jon'zz.

As excellent of a job as Nolan did with Batman, DC/WB should have had more long term goals and built up for a Justice League film three/four years before Marvel got things moving with Iron Man.They had the chance. Now they have to play catch up.

Carano wouldn't be an issue if... you know... she could act... and have charisma.

Who ever is cast as Wonder Woman, should have the ability to carry on as WW in her own Solo movie, that means she should be a above average actress.

Batman - Matthew Goode
matthew_goode.jpg

Superman - Henry Cavill
HenryCavill.png

Wonder Woman - Evangeline Lilly
wonderwoman.jpg

Green Lantern - Ryan Reynolds
mainimage.jpg

The Flash - Oliver Jackson-Cohen
oliverjacksoncohen.jpg

^ You lost me with Goode for Batman, but boy did you make up for it with your choice for Flash. Lilly as WW isn't bad either(grew on me after Lost went off air) I wouldn't mind seeing this cast at all!

^ You lost me with Goode for Batman, but boy did you make up for it with your choice for Flash. Lilly as WW isn't bad either(grew on me after Lost went off air) I wouldn't mind seeing this cast at all!

I think evangeline lilly would head into bigger roles because of The HOBBIT, so why not JLA. I think Batman is a big iconic superhero so he needs a good actor rather than an unknown or pretty boy, Karl Urban was another actor i was thinking of but hes established himself as Judge Dredd. I was watching goode on one of his movie trailers called STOKER and i thought he would make a good batman. He might not be the best looking bruce but i never based him off looks just his acting ability. Zack Snyder might put in a word for him since both have worked together before in Watchmen.

It's gonna be really tough to cast WW. You need someone who's beautiful enough to play up the everyone-is-secretly-in-love-with-her angle, but you need a real actress. If they go with a pretty face with no talent, it will be a huge detriment.

I don't have one, though I don't mind resharing my older casting sheet of numerous potentials for each character I'd like to see in the line up if that would seem more of a "solid contribution"; it's a bit old, but I stand by all of them, though I will say there is most likely other actors I would add to the lists.

But no, it is not hard finding potential castings for any of the characters.

I think it's pretty safe to say Batman is the hardest casting, so many things that have to be right there!

Please, let Joe Mazzello be The Flash.

Hahah why... Off the top of my head I can think of ten actors Id rather have.

He doesnt really look like the Flash and brings ZERO star power to a character that desperately needs it.

Hes reinvented himself a little since then but I always think of him in Simon Birch lol

The normal kid from Simon Birch as the Flash hahahah

Sorry if this seemed rude I just dont see it personaly

If Matthew Goode were cast as Batman I would be sooo disappointed and sad. I live for this movie right now and if that happened I would immediately lose hope. Please, nonexistant god, don't let this happen

Thats much better! Flash is WAAAAAAAAAY too big of a role for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"