Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on his previous work, I don't believe Gosling could pull off Batman. I found his acting kinda' stiff and he's not a very intimidating guy.

WW is an Amazon, people would have a tough time accepting a 5'4" woman is an Amazon.

Black Widow and WW are not really comparable characters, it is like saying that since Hawkeye is 5'8" so same height would be acceptable for actor playing Superman.

All actresses selected so far for WW have been taller Lynda Carter (5' 9"), Megan Gale (5' 10"), Adrianne Palicki (5'11″ ).

I think that lowest limit for WW would be 5'7", anyone shorter than that would get rejected, regardless of how good actress that is.

While I have no real opinion on Kunis, this line of reasoning is ludacris. It's a movie! If they can make Tom Cruise look near 6', they can make a 5'4" actress look tall enough to play WW. Seriously, it's not hard at all to make someone look taller on film.

You're actually saying you'd reject a 5'6" actress who completely nails it, just because of her height? I swear, some people around here are so OBSESSED with looks that they completely lose all perspective.

gemma is like Colin farrell big budget choices not the best(POP,QOS,COTT) but she shines in her indie work - Disappearance Of Alice Creed, Byzantium,song For Marion,upcoming ben affleck lead film runner runner,Tamara Drewe,etc.

Yes! Which, quite frankly, irks me. Gemma is a better actor than she showcases in blockbusters or tentapole movies.

She was on It's Always Sunny last night, so... she should land the Wonder Woman role just for that, lol.

I know. :woot: It was a pleasant surprise. Alex didn't act much, but she appeared gorgeous every time she graced the screen.

Justice starring:

Matt Cohen- Superman/Clark Kent
James Lafferty- Batman/Bruce Wayne
Brooklyn Sudano- Wonder Woman/Princess Diana
Chris Carmack- Aquaman/Arthur Curry
David Gallagher-Flash/Barry Allen(or Wally West)
Scott Porter- Green Lantern/Hal Jordon
Ernest Waddell- Cyborg/Victor Stone

Following the hit show Arrow only on the CW! :cwink:

When it comes to Batman casting for JL and then the subsequent rebooted solo Bat films, I still firmly believe WB's will go hard after Ryan Gosling. Just watch.

Then the backup plan will be to cast Armie Hammer as Batman if Gosling indeed turns down the role, turns down the big paycheck and the multi picture deal that WB's will surely offer him.

I've never been against hammer for a superhero role, but I've always thought he would have made a better supes then a bats. the only problem is, he'd be damn near half a foot taller then cavill.

gosling was one of my favorite choices but he's mentioned being offered some of those roles and not believing in his ability to act against something that isn't there, as he put it.

with cavill, gosling, cornish, pine, they'd be in pretty good shape. not much star power at the moment; that could be bad or good.

WW is an Amazon, people would have a tough time accepting a 5'4" woman is an Amazon.

Black Widow and WW are not really comparable characters, it is like saying that since Hawkeye is 5'8" so same height would be acceptable for actor playing Superman.

All actresses selected so far for WW have been taller Lynda Carter (5' 9"), Megan Gale (5' 10"), Adrianne Palicki (5'11″ ).

I think that lowest limit for WW would be 5'7", anyone shorter than that would get rejected, regardless of how good actress that is.

i don't think whoever gets chosen for the role has to be that tall, given that cavill looks like a weak 6'1, but I'm not feeling kunis for the role at all. all i'd think when she opened her mouth to talk would be, shut up meg.

She was on It's Always Sunny last night, so... she should land the Wonder Woman role just for that, lol.
I saw the clip, and she's never been more right for WW in the look department.
And we already know she can fight with swords and shields.

After rebooting Batman and Superman with Bale and Cavill, Sam Claflin may be a good choice for the reboot Green Lantern/Hal Jordan:

Sam+Claflin+Snow+White+Huntsman+Madrid+Photocall+kmBUZo-J3gYl.jpg

i dig that. he's actually pretty good; most surely going to get alot of attention as finnick in the hunger games. I'd be for that in the jl to be honest.

Kunis as Wonder Woman? Hahahahahahahhaa

Youre probably one of those people who has only seen her in stuff like Ted, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and That 70s Show.

Just because shes a good comedic actress doesnt mean shed make a bad WW.

Shes had serious roles in The Book of Eli, Max Payne (which sucked) and The Black Swan. The Black Swan really showed her range though, shes a good serious actress, shes just a good actress in general. I know she could do the role justice

While I have no real opinion on Kunis, this line of reasoning is ludacris. It's a movie! If they can make Tom Cruise look near 6', they can make a 5'4" actress look tall enough to play WW. Seriously, it's not hard at all to make someone look taller on film.

You're actually saying you'd reject a 5'6" actress who completely nails it, just because of her height? I swear, some people around here are so OBSESSED with looks that they completely lose all perspective.

i think it is just in this day and age of super hero casting i think we deserve talent and comic accurate honestly if we can have a 6'5 thor
avengers-chris-hemsworth-thor-600x400.jpg

is it too hard to ask for say a 5'8 wonder woman?

there's no way chris hemsworth is 6'5. he looks 6'3 to me with a long neck, but yeah, he was big enough.

I love Kunis but she's too small for Wonder Woman. I wouldnt even cast her for Catwoman but she would fit that way more than WW. Perhaps Zatanna or a love interest would be more fitting.

It's not necessarily the height, it's more her build. She's petite in some ways. Wonder Woman needs to look like an exotic warrior.

I love Kunis but she's too small for Wonder Woman. I wouldnt even cast her for Catwoman but she would fit that way more than WW. Perhaps Zatanna or a love interest would be more fitting.

It's not necessarily the height, it's more her build. She's petite in some ways. Wonder Woman needs to look like an exotic warrior.

Not to mention Kunis' personality doesn't fit at all nor does the role fit her type of acting. She does have the look, I'll give her that but like you said her height and personality aren't up to par.

Some goes for Megan Fox except her acting ability is an additional problem.

What about Michelle Dockery for WW? She's 5'8" and has the right features IMO.

And someone actually suggested this one for Wonder Woman in the other WW thread....

556010_201409256654751_1295642253_n.jpg

:dry:

to be honest not many actors suggested here look exotic at all lol

I read the attached quote and the picture as one big post forgetting it was just attached, woops, my bad.

Still, no way do I want that pasty-faced vamp lover as wonder woman :)

Her pasty-ness is only the tip of the iceberg about what's wrong with her.

Her playing any superhero would be a complete failure. The sheer mentioning of her name in Wonder Woman threads is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"