Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet... despite looking soft and baby-faced, Gosling is frequently cast as dark and baddas characters (and apparently is somewhat of a badass in real life, judging by that youtube video of him breaking up a fight in the middle of the street). He may not look like your traditional Batman, but I have confidence he could be awesome in the role.

Hammer on the other hand... I don't necessarily view him as a bad actor, I just don't see that darkness and edginess that the Bruce Wayne/Batman character requires. I could see him as another superhero (Superman, Captain Marvel) but not Batman.

QFT, every last bit of it.

And yet... despite looking soft and baby-faced, Gosling is frequently cast as dark and baddas characters (and apparently is somewhat of a badass in real life, judging by that youtube video of him breaking up a fight in the middle of the street). He may not look like your traditional Batman, but I have confidence he could be awesome in the role.

Hammer on the other hand... I don't necessarily view him as a bad actor, I just don't see that darkness and edginess that the Bruce Wayne/Batman character requires. I could see him as another superhero (Superman, Captain Marvel) but not Batman.

i don't want him for batman but thats a bit unfair seeing how most people here cant see a n actor as a certain character without them doing it before hand armie has never done dark before social network,mirror mirror,j edgar,and lone ranger and more lively charismatic characters.

Ryan Gosling as Batman
first-look-ryan-gosling-only-god-forgives.jpg

Mila Kunis as Wonder Woman (she's 5'4, but Scarlett Johannson is 5'3)
Main200902241501006016517_mila_kunis.jpgx

Leonardo DiCaprio as The Flash
leo_dicaprio1_300_400.jpg

Jake Gyllenhaal as Green Lantern
Jake_gyllenhaal.jpg

Charlie Hunnam as Aquaman
charlie-hunnam-sons-of-anarchy-tattoo-5816.jpg

WOOH, Leo in this? Then there's only someone missing and that's Matt Damon. Maybe in a villain role?
And Mila Kunis, not a very common suggestion.
Jake and Ryan, the obvious fan favorites. This is the first cast all together that i can suport (even if I have some other personal candidates for each role).

Last edited:
Whoa, Charlie Hunnam looks like Heath Ledger

I do have a new found respect for Gosling's badassery after drive (much like DiCaprio after Gangs of New York). If he ever wanted to do it and they offered it, I could warm up to the idea. Dicaprio as flash though? That's a little hard to wrap my head around. Ironically, I always thought rosenbaum should get the shot to do flash in a live action adaptation.

If its down to Armie Hammer and Ryan Gosling, Ryan Gosling alll the ****ing way. He'd make a perfect Batman and would attract so many people to see JL. We need a handsome dude as Batman, weve already got Cavill

Yep! That's why WB's is targeting him for Bruce Wayne/Batman.

All he would have to do is bulk up and darken the hair a bit and he would be good to go.

He already has the looks and the acting chops.

WB is not targeting Gosling. He already said he won't do superhero movies.

WB is not targeting Gosling. He already said he won't do superhero movies.

I have heard otherwise.

Things can change buddy. Gosling saying he will not do a superhero film in the past means nothing when $$$ and a good/great script is put in front of him with a solid director attached.

Seriously if Ryan Gosling is going to be a superhero, its going to be Batman. Hes one of the most popular actors right now, hes obviously going to choose to play the most popular superhero if asked.

WB would be smart to throw a lot of money at him for Batman. I think his name would attract a lot of people, men and women.

You simply cant say that after seeing Drive :dry:

Appearance wise he doesnt look exactly like Bruce but with hair dye I know he could look like him.

Theres a lot of reasons why he is "right" for the role actually, Protocida.

Hes an up and coming somewhat mysterious and reserved actor, those qualities are necessary for Batman. Hes also ridiculously handsome and popular with the ladies, which definitely helped The Avengers (see Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth)

Hes been critically acclaimed for a while, but what really got him the universal respect of critics was a dark character in a darkass movie. In Drive he proved he could do Batman justice.

The only thing Id have to get used to is his voice, but I think he looks enough like the character when he has dark hair. He looks better as he ages too

Yep! That's why WB's is targeting him for Bruce Wayne/Batman.

All he would have to do is bulk up and darken the hair a bit and he would be good to go.

He already has the looks and the acting chops.

Do you have sources at WB who are telling you this? I hope you're right. :yay:

Hey Dark Knight, where did you hear about WB targeting Gosling?? I mean is it recent? Cuz i know somebody tied in with them mentioned Ryans name about a year ago but that's all i remember.

As for the doubters...go watch more Gosling movies. I think the upcoming "Only God Forgives" flick where he teams up with Nicolas Refn (Drive) again, will show people a whole OTHER layer to Ryan's badassery.

Nothing hair-dye can't fix. The voice? Who cares, he can change it slightly. It might be even cooler to see him with one voice as the playboy Bruce Wayne (his normal speaking voice) then when he's Batman he can give the silent "Drive" treatment until he resorts to a whisper or something. Then when he's the real Bruce in the cave with Alfred he can try something slightly different from his normal speaking voice (maybe). It would be interesting to see something like that with Gosling, because i know he can pull it off.

As for his looks. Besides the hair, the guy is the right height and build. Especially nowadays he's getting more buff. Like said above..he'll attract the male and female audiences.

He would be perfect in my opinion. All they need is a lot of cash and a damn good script where he doesn't feel silly. That's been his problem. He doesnt see himself taking these roles because of the script. I don't know if he would take JL, but maybe a solo batman movie, sure.

He went to see The Dark Knight Rises with the actor who played John Daggett (forget his name). I'm pretty sure they're in a new movie together, so they're probably friends. But the fact that he goes to a Nolan Bat-flick makes me think that he has some sort of interest in at least SEEING a movie like that.

If there's ever a superhero role that would get him on board, it's probably Batman. Because of the darker nature of the character, the quality actors and directors it attracts, and the mass appeal.

i don't want him for batman but thats a bit unfair seeing how most people here cant see a n actor as a certain character without them doing it before hand armie has never done dark before social network,mirror mirror,j edgar,and lone ranger and more lively charismatic characters.

I get the feeling that most casting suggestions around here come from having seen the actor in a similar role, or just resembling the character physically. I.e. some girl from Immortals should be WW because she was in vaguely Athenian-looking armor. Or Charlie Hunnam should be Ollie because he's blond and has a goatee on Sons of Anarchy.

You simply cant say that after seeing Drive :dry:

Appearance wise he doesnt look exactly like Bruce but with hair dye I know he could look like him.

Theres a lot of reasons why he is "right" for the role actually, Protocida.

Hes an up and coming somewhat mysterious and reserved actor, those qualities are necessary for Batman. Hes also ridiculously handsome and popular with the ladies, which definitely helped The Avengers (see Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth)

Hes been critically acclaimed for a while, but what really got him the universal respect of critics was a dark character in a darkass movie. In Drive he proved he could do Batman justice.

The only thing Id have to get used to is his voice, but I think he looks enough like the character when he has dark hair. He looks better as he ages too

These are all pretty hard points to argue with. Drive was one of the best movies I've seen in a while and Gosling was a complete badass. And he was brooding, soft spoken and completely mesmerizing. He's not a guy who screams "Batman" at me, but I would definitely get behind it because the guy has talent.

It's like Heath playing Joker. The initial response was overwhelmingly negative, especially around here. "Too pretty, blah, blah." But I thought it was a good choice because Heath was a good actor, and I figured that was the most important thing. And that worked out pretty well.

His voice is a common complaint, but he's an actor. He can change his voice.

It also doesn't hurt that he's on the rise and would help put butts in the seats. Maybe he'll never do it, but who knows?

Last edited:
After watching that dreadful Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunter trailer, Gemma's stock dips. She appears to keep picking the wrong scripts/projects.

So, Daddario is now my second choice for Wonder Woman.

Hahahahahahhaha i just watched that trailer and laughed out loud at most of it... that really was awful...damn...

That trailer was indeed laughably bad.

Renner is fortunate. He's under contract with Disney, but Gemma... she keeps associating herself with these low-quality projects constantly and her career is suffering because of it.

I doubt she'll be a frontrunner to anything now.

Mila Kunis as Wonder Woman (she's 5'4, but Scarlett Johannson is 5'3)

WW is an Amazon, people would have a tough time accepting a 5'4" woman is an Amazon.

Black Widow and WW are not really comparable characters, it is like saying that since Hawkeye is 5'8" so same height would be acceptable for actor playing Superman.

All actresses selected so far for WW have been taller Lynda Carter (5' 9"), Megan Gale (5' 10"), Adrianne Palicki (5'11″ ).

I think that lowest limit for WW would be 5'7", anyone shorter than that would get rejected, regardless of how good actress that is.

He wouldn't be right for the role.

Proto,

Trust me. Gosling is very right for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. He would be the perfect replacement for Bale if he can't be kept on board.

WB's knows this.

Hey Dark Knight, where did you hear about WB targeting Gosling?? I mean is it recent? Cuz i know somebody tied in with them mentioned Ryans name about a year ago but that's all i remember.

As for the doubters...go watch more Gosling movies. I think the upcoming "Only God Forgives" flick where he teams up with Nicolas Refn (Drive) again, will show people a whole OTHER layer to Ryan's badassery.

Nothing hair-dye can't fix. The voice? Who cares, he can change it slightly. It might be even cooler to see him with one voice as the playboy Bruce Wayne (his normal speaking voice) then when he's Batman he can give the silent "Drive" treatment until he resorts to a whisper or something. Then when he's the real Bruce in the cave with Alfred he can try something slightly different from his normal speaking voice (maybe). It would be interesting to see something like that with Gosling, because i know he can pull it off.

As for his looks. Besides the hair, the guy is the right height and build. Especially nowadays he's getting more buff. Like said above..he'll attract the male and female audiences.

He would be perfect in my opinion. All they need is a lot of cash and a damn good script where he doesn't feel silly. That's been his problem. He doesnt see himself taking these roles because of the script. I don't know if he would take JL, but maybe a solo batman movie, sure.

He went to see The Dark Knight Rises with the actor who played John Daggett (forget his name). I'm pretty sure they're in a new movie together, so they're probably friends. But the fact that he goes to a Nolan Bat-flick makes me think that he has some sort of interest in at least SEEING a movie like that.

If there's ever a superhero role that would get him on board, it's probably Batman. Because of the darker nature of the character, the quality actors and directors it attracts, and the mass appeal.

Of course I can't say here, but PM me and maybe I will drop some hints.

All I know, is that WB's has had Gosling under their radar for sometime now and they would love for him to be the new Batman in the rebooted films and even in the JL film if possible. The stars need to align though.

WW is an Amazon, people would have a tough time accepting a 5'4" woman is an Amazon.

Black Widow and WW are not really comparable characters, it is like saying that since Hawkeye is 5'8" so same height would be acceptable for actor playing Superman.

All actresses selected so far for WW have been taller Lynda Carter (5' 9"), Megan Gale (5' 10"), Adrianne Palicki (5'11″ ).

I think that lowest limit for WW would be 5'7", anyone shorter than that would get rejected, regardless of how good actress that is.

the point I bolded is ridiculous. I REALLY don't think people are going to get soooo hung up on the height of an Amazon that they can't accept it. PLUS Wonder Woman was molded from clay so she could be any height. :o:o

Plus Wonder Woman could wear boots that make her taller, just like RDJ does. I really dont think height matters, if people can accept a 5'3 Scarjo kicking peoples asses I think they could accept a 5'4 actress fulfilling a comparable role. Comparable in the sense that she will also be the only woman on the team and a badass warrior/assassin.

I would say that Cobie Smulders should be WW but shes already taken by Marvel, but of the most popular actresses right now, Mila is the only one who really screams Wonder Woman to me appearance wise. Black Swan proved that she can do dramatic roles too..

Last edited:
I was never a fan of Cobie being Wonder Woman. She just never struck a cord with me. Her role in The Avengers sort of confirmed that to me. I left the theater convinced that she couldn't pull off 'tough'.

Mila is an interesting choice. Her beauty is exotic but she's incredibly short and her frame is that of a pre-teen. Not to mention her voice is a tad too shrew-ish to be a commanding figure.

After watching that dreadful Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunter trailer, Gemma's stock dips. She appears to keep picking the wrong scripts/projects.

gemma is like Colin farrell big budget choices not the best(POP,QOS,COTT) but she shines in her indie work - Disappearance Of Alice Creed, Byzantium,song For Marion,upcoming ben affleck lead film runner runner,Tamara Drewe,etc.

QFT, every last bit of it.

Thanks!

Whoa, Charlie Hunnam looks like Heath Ledger

Yeah, he really does. He can play a good psycho too (Cold Mountain) so if they ever decided to do the Joker again in the style of Ledger's version, I think Hunnam could pull it off. Not saying they SHOULD... just food for thought.

He wouldn't be right for the role.

Care to elaborate? I'm willing to listen to any argument, but you have to at least attempt to make one other than, "[insert actor here] is just wrong." People said that about Michael Keaton, Heath Ledger, Anne Hathaway... the list goes on and on.

She was on It's Always Sunny last night, so... she should land the Wonder Woman role just for that, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"