• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 7

Blackest Night confirmed!

Ah good memories.

mera5.jpg

Happy with the Mera news. And of course I have to bring this up again, funny that we know Mera will be in Justice League, but we still have nothing about GL. lol

The artist could just as easily do that with DiCaprio and the results would be just as good... or in my opinion better.

Come on Spidey, how can Mera be in the movie, but not Hal Jordan. Yeah, I hope it's the latter, too.

The same way Lois and a bunch of other supporting characters might be in Justice League, and not Hal Jordan.

Last edited:
The same way Lois and a bunch of other supporting characters might be in Justice League, and not Hal Jordan.

Except that GL is a founding member of the team, not a supporting character or love interest. His absence would be much more jarring than if you didn't have Lois Lane or Mera in the movie.

Except that GL is a founding member of the team, not a supporting character or love interest. His absence would be much more jarring than if you didn't have Lois Lane or Mera in the movie.
Him being a founding member in the comics means nothing. According to fans Ant-Man was a founding member of The Avengers and yet he wasn't in the Avengers 1 or 2. Movies and comics aren't the same thing.

Last edited:
Him being a founding member in the comics means nothing. According to fans Ant-Man was a founding member if The Avengers and yet he wasn't in the films. Movies and comics aren't the same thing.

Not my point, there has never been a time that Green Lantern(regardless of which version and whether inside or outside of comics),hasn't been a founding member of the Justice League. Green Lantern is not like Ant-Man or Wasp, he is an integral part of the team. I think we can agree that after the Big 3, the two characters who are generally viewed as most important or recognizable are Flash and GL. They are going to put Cyborg, Aquaman and of all people Mera in the movie, but skip Green Lantern? Especially after the dump they took on him last time and having the full knowledge that he needs the Justice League boost more than any of the others? Sorry, I have a hard time to accept that notion.

Last edited:
Him being a founding member in the comics means nothing. According to fans Ant-Man was a founding member if The Avengers and yet he wasn't in the Avengers 1 or 2. Movies and comics aren't the same thing.

Technically Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow were not founding Avengers members.
The first team of X-men did not involve Mystique.
Movies and comics are separate

Not my point, there has never been a time that Green Lantern(regardless of which version and whether inside or outside of comics),hasn't been a founding member of the Justice League. Green Lantern is not like Ant-Man or Wasp, he is an integral part of the team. I think we can agree that after the Big 3, the two characters who are generally viewed as most important or recognizable are Flash and GL. They are going to put Cyborg, Aquaman and of all people Mera in the movie, but skip Green Lantern? Especially after the dump they took in him last time and having the full knowledge that he needs the Justice League boost more than any of the others? Sorry, I have a hard time to accept that notion.

Theres a first time for everything

I just keep thinking back to Aquaman's "Unite The Seven" pic. What do you think that line means? I think it refers to the seven JL members. So unless Mera is the seventh member of the JL, I think GL is gonna be in the film.

I'm not saying that GL won't be in the film but for all we know his screentime will be limited for whatever reason.

Anyway casting Mera first means nothing, we could get GL shortlists or casting news next week for all we know.

I don't have issues with Mera being in the movie or even if she turns out to be a Justice League member. Hell, they made Hawkgirl a JLA founder, so why not Mera who I like so much better. But the lack of information about GL is getting me restless.

It would be easier to find Mera because an actor(ress) would be more inclined to sign for a solo that comes out in 2018 and has a director then a solo that comes out in 2020 and has no one attached.

It would be easier to find Mera because an actor(ress) would be more inclined to sign for a solo that comes out in 2018 and has a director then a solo that comes out in 2020 and has no one attached.
That's a good point. GL is so far off right now.

Technically Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow were not founding Avengers members.
The first team of X-men did not involve Mystique.
Movies and comics are separate

Exactly – I personally really want to see a good on screen GL in the League movie, but as the Avengers and X-Men films have already shown, comics and movies are seperate.
If you want founding members why are you not calling for Martian Manhunter too?

If you want founding members why are you not calling for Martian Manhunter too?

Cause the line-up is seemingly based on the New-52 version, where a founding member is Cyborg, instead of Martian Manhunter. Not that I would mind if MM shows up somewhere down the line.

Yeah, but JL is a two-parter. GL not showing up in the first half wouldn't surprise me.

I get that the fans want to know who is playing GL as do I but I'm being patient about it. Usually I am impatient about everything.

Cause the line-up is seemingly based on the New-52 version, where a founding member is Cyborg, instead of Martian Manhunter. Not that I would mind if MM shows up somewhere down the line.

No excuses, J'onn J'onzz should be there, period! :o

Look, we should be over this by now, the public doesn't care if Hal Jordan is a founding member or not, they didn't care Hank Pym wasn't an avenger either. The Russo bros. said it best:

Joe Russo: "I think our job is to surprise you. As a comic book fan, I don't want to go in and see what I already know. I prefer to go in and be surprised. I like when a story teller throws a left curve at me and I'm surprised. That's why I want to go see the movie. A literal adaptation, I should just go read the book again. I think that's what's interesting about different movies. We have two hours and they have years worth of issues."

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/11/joe-russo-compares-captain-america-civil-war-movie-to-comics/

I'm wondering if the DCEU CW special will show us at least some JL concept art.

Look, we should be over this by now, the public doesn't care if Hal Jordan is a founding member or not, they didn't care Hank Pym wasn't an avenger either.

Well, I don't happen to care whether the public cares or not, this is my opinion on the matter. And like I pointed out, Hal Jordan isn't like Hank Pym. He is a bit more high-profile character and unlike Ant-Man, when it comes to public awareness Green Lantern is pretty much "expected" to be part of the Justice League line-up. I understand the Russo comment and again, it won't be the end of the world for me if GL isn't in the movie, it would just be weird. Very.

I'm wondering if the DCEU CW special will show us at least some JL concept art.

It's posible. Although the focus will obviously be on BvS, SS and WW, the title is 'Dawn of the Justice League' after all.

Momoa signed to play Aquaman under the same circumstances. James Wan was chosen as director last year and we've known about Momoa's casting since mid-2014. If he signed to play a character whose solo movie was going to be released in 4 years and had noone attached at the time, I don't see why they can't do the same with GL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"