• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't have particularly high hopes for the film, but we'll see. It's difficult for one director to basically shape another director's film. Different styles, sensibilities, and all that.

I mean if they already have a rough cut of the film they have a good idea of what they want the film to be. I guess it all depends on how extensive the additional scenes Whedon will be adding are and how they affect the overall skeleton that they have established. It's not like Hollywood hasn't understated/undersold the severity of reshoots on a major blockbuster film before to make it seem like everything was fine.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if after JL comes out we find out that major sequences of the film were retooled and that in this report they made it seem minor to not throw Zack under the bus at this time of tragedy.

As much as I've enjoyed Whedon's Avengers and disliked Snyder's first 2 DCeU films, this is still a very messy situation. Hopefully they're far enough along where Whedon is just crossing t's and dotting i's. I still have a strange feeling that this movie will surprise most people, and it won't be because of Whedon's influence.

I mean if they already have a rough cut of the film they have a good idea of what they want the film to be. I guess it all depends on how extensive the additional scenes Whedon will be adding are and how they affect the overall skeleton that they have established. It's not like Hollywood hasn't understated/undersold the severity of reshoots on a major blockbuster film before to make it seem like everything was fine.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if after JL comes out we find out that major sequences of the film were retooled and that in this report they made it seem minor to not throw Zack under the bus at this time of tragedy.

I'm sure that's not the case.

I'm sure that's not the case.

I don't necessarily think so either. Just saying it could make sense considering the earlier rumors of major reshoots being planned, and that they wouldn't want to throw Snyder under the bus at the same time he is publicly dealing with his daughter's suicide.

I don't necessarily think so either. Just saying it could make sense considering the earlier rumors of major reshoots being planned, and that they wouldn't want to throw Snyder under the bus at the same time he is publicly dealing with his daughter's suicide.

I don't think those rumors were very credible. And they have been shot down anyway.

And considering what just happened it's very likely that their source found out that they had another filmmaker on board working on Justice League, without knowing the context.

Which is why Snyder stepped forward to make things clear, by revealing something he actually wanted to keep private. Which goes on to show how s***y and mean the internet really is.

DAhBnESXkAAYypn.jpg

they uploaded new video explaining about it.

Yea just happened to see the original Reel Rejects tweet on twitter. I think the original vid was just focusing on Whedon replacing Snyder. At least that was the original title.

Yea not a good look.

Yeah, that picture gets me.

How extensive can anything be when the movie's release is like five months away? You'd swear the project is barely half way with how people are talking.

Good God we're going to do this until release, aren't we? Going through every minute little detail and wondering whether Whedon will "improve" fabricated or imagined problems?

Clearly Snyder wants this movie to appeal to the masses. Hence the very well received set visit, and it was he himself that brought on Whedon to write additional scenes. Whedon directing the material that he wrote under collaboration w Zack is not the worst thing. He obviously will have a large hand in the editing process and I think the minor tweaks that he will make can make a world of difference to the GA/ critics. I love MOS and BVS UC but think they would have benefitted from a fresh set of eyes making the most minor of adjustments.

Props to the Snyders for being highly professional and class-acts. My thoughts are with them.

Some lovely messages from fans on Vero. I'm sure Zack will appreciate them.

So Whedon is just handling re-shoots and the editing and effects of the movie ?

I don't think those rumors were very credible. And they have been shot down anyway.

And considering what just happened it's very likely that their source found out that they had another filmmaker on board working on Justice League, without knowing the context.

Which is why Snyder stepped forward to make things clear, by revealing something he actually wanted to keep private. Which goes on to show how s***y and mean the internet really is.

This...so much this!

Whedon is a good replacement but I just hope he doesn't change things too much. Making reshoots to improve the film is great but only if it still matches the rest. I also hope Snyder gets credit if the film is a sucess and people don't just praise Whedon.

As for the future, Is Whedon the main candidate for JL 2 now or is this just temporary until he does Bat Girl?

I didn't know there was so much blue, grey and gold in the Batsuit.

Ugh. I wanted to come in here and give my thoughts on Whedon taking over, but...

...it really doesn't matter right now, does it? I'm finding it hard to care about a silly superhero movie when a man's daughter has died, and children have been blown to pieces in the name of a non existent god.

I'm sure my interest will come back at some point, but for now I'm going to hug someone I love, drink something strong, and wish we had more heroes in the world.

Batman's suit look so much better on film and especially the goggles. I don't like Cyborg's legs but everything else and everyone else looks good on display.

Whedon is a good replacement but I just hope he doesn't change things too much. Making reshoots to improve the film is great but only if it still matches the rest. I also hope Snyder gets credit if the film is a sucess and people don't just praise Whedon.

It did cross my mind when I first about Whedon coming in that if the film does badly people will probably hate on Snyder and if it does well they'll say it's all down to Whedon. I'd like to think not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"