The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Marvel Studios producer guy say Namor is still at Universal Studios, despite them never using him.

So this "making movies of the characters by a certain deadline otherwise they revert to Marvel" theory seems rubbish.

What exactly led you to the conclusion that every single license Marvel dealt in the 90's had identical terms?

Shooting locations or scouting locations? I've never heard of a film shooting locations before the film was cast.

Probably scouting locations and setting up their offices....

That Marvel Studios producer guy say Namor is still at Universal Studios, despite them never using him.

So this "making movies of the characters by a certain deadline otherwise they revert to Marvel" theory seems rubbish.
Except it's not a theory.

.... When did feige say that?? Universal has no intentions to do marvel properties any more and there was a namor Easter egg already planted in the MC U

Namor easter egg?

We have no idea what the required timeframe for the Namor movie is, or if Marvel wants Universal to keep it like they tried to get Fox to keep Daredevil. Remember, the MCU already has plenty of projects to work on, and other studios making marvel movies is good for everyone.

In IM2.

And I want a Daredevil TV show so friggin bad.

Namor easter egg?

We have no idea what the required timeframe for the Namor movie is, or if Marvel wants Universal to keep it like they tried to get Fox to keep Daredevil. Remember, the MCU already has plenty of projects to work on, and other studios making marvel movies is good for everyone.

I don't believe Marvel wanted FOX to keep Daredevil so much as they wanted Galactus and the Surfer in exchange for an extension of the DD rights. The two cosmic characters could have been immediately featured in GOTG or another cosmic film without the set up film that will be required to introduce DD (or the FF) to the MCU.

I don't believe Marvel wanted FOX to keep Daredevil so much as they wanted Galactus and the Surfer in exchange for an extension of the DD rights. The two cosmic characters could have been immediately featured in GOTG or another cosmic film without the set up film that will be required to introduce DD (or the FF) to the MCU.

Yes, It looked more like a poker game than a true desire to keep any rights away. Kevin Feige politics has always been "Do the best with the character you already have, don't plan anything about characters that "could return", but if there is an occasion, try to bring as much characters as you can"

Marvel never tried to keep some right away, they have already said that they want all their characters back :

http://www.**************.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=78605

“That doesn’t mean we’re going to make another movie. But it means they’re back in the fold, which is where we want them to be.”

They just focus on the characters they have.

Namor easter egg?

Atlantis is clearly marked on the map of "superhero happenings" along with Wakanda.

id take the universal/namor thing with a grain of salt

Namor easter egg?

Indeed, many refuse to see that :huh:

The F4 are the only ones that should go back to Marvel, X-Men are too big to go back and Spider-Man is fine in his own Universe.

Well before Marvel Studios became serious, Universal continuously renewed the rights to Namor. I guess it was assumed that it reverted baxk to Marvel once that 09 project felled short. My guess is that Feige only mentioned it because it's set to revert soon.

I mean come on, what's Universal going to do with a Marvel character that's most famous for playing the villain/reluctant ally in other Marvel characters comic books?

Namor easter egg?

Indeed, many refuse to see that :huh:

Yeah well that's tends to be a hard sell when the studio that owns the rights won't release an actual film.

Yeah well that's tends to be a hard sell when the studio that owns the rights won't release an actual film.

Great point. Namor could be an extremely valuable character in combination with other Marvel characters, but he may never be able to carry his own film.

It would certainly be better to see him as a side character in a Marvel film than to never see him at all.

I would love to see a Namor film! I think visually, it could look really cool, but yeah it will be hard to sell to people.

Namor would be an EASY sell... there's no film like it... at best, Water World ... but they spent time above water rather than under it.

Namor has potential to be Avatar underwater.

Namor would be an EASY sell... there's no film like it... at best, Water World ... but they spent time above water rather than under it.

Namor has potential to be Avatar underwater.

I strongly doubt it. Its unclear whether *Avatar* could be the next Avatar, or whether the perfect storm of technical advances is unduplicable.

All I know is, if Namor beats Aquaman to the big screen DC should quit.

I strongly doubt it. Its unclear whether *Avatar* could be the next Avatar, or whether the perfect storm of technical advances is unduplicable.

eh... what im saying is that it has the ability to take us some where film so far has not.

Very happy to find this thread and to see there are kindred spirits out there. Huge fan of the FF but count me firmly in the camp opposed to the Foxtastic Four reboot. I refuse to see it. There's only one place these characters belong and that's part of the MCU. X-Men and Spidey can stay where they are but the FF need to come home.

Also I would love to see a Namor film. Most anticipated character on the big screen since Thor. I think he could definitely carry a film if part of the Marvel U. Standalone - no way. A WWII Invaders origin story line that later introduces him to the modern age in a reunion with Cap would be sweet. Perhaps an initial conflict with the Avengers just like classic Avengers #3!

Actually I already thought he was with Marvel Studios so I'm just as puzzled as everyone else by Feige's recent comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"