The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part about your Dad is making me sad. Actually, I lost one of my sisters in 04 in a car accident...

It's OK, I miss him like crazy but I know I'll see him again someday, although pls don't think I'm a religious nutter I'm not :yay:

I'm so sorry to hear that, I can imagine that's harder in some ways as it was so sudden :csad:

It's OK, I miss him like crazy but I know I'll see him again someday, although pls don't think I'm a religious nutter I'm not :yay:

I'm so sorry to hear that, I can imagine that's harder in some ways as it was so sudden :csad:
Sorry about your Dad as well. :( I'll say it was a huge shock and still very surreal to me even though it's almost been 10 years but I couldn't imagine losing my Dad so...

It's just a wonderful, soulful scene.

Sorry about your Dad as well. :( I'll say it was a huge shock and still very surreal to me even though it's almost been 10 years but I couldn't imagine losing my Dad so...

It's just a wonderful, soulful scene.

Thank you, yeah I couldn't imagine losing my brother either. It's unfortunately a part of life, I just hate that there's so many scum bags who live and the good people die, it's really tragic :csad:

But anyway I'm sorry if I've brought you down.

If I were alone in the theater..

= :waa:

haha. Same here with that scene. It brought back that feeling as a kid of wanting to be Superman when I grew up...unfortunately, my two brothers were with me, and we all know how that goes. It was dead silent though.

I loved every scene with Clark and Martha Kent. Personally, those scenes really hit home for me. No lie, I teared up during every one.

Man, can we also give shout outs to Antje Traue and Christopher Meloni? Faora and Colonel Hardy were great supporting characters.

Thank you, yeah I couldn't imagine losing my brother either. It's unfortunately a part of life, I just hate that there's so many scum bags who live and the good people die, it's really tragic :csad:

But anyway I'm sorry if I've brought you down.
I'm fine dude.

Man, can we also give shout outs to Antje Traue and Christopher Meloni? Faora and Colonel Hardy were great supporting characters.
Oh they definitely did good work. Meloni is always welcome and I'd like to see Traue get more work.

I pretty much loved any scene between Clark and his dad.

My dad and I don't have this deep, heartfelt relationship, like my mom and I, but we do have this mutual, unspoken understanding of each other, like a father and son do. He shows concern, but not in the way that my mother does. We don't have many long conversations with each other, but when my dad says something to me, you can always count on it being something important. I never did get into fights or was bullied like Clark was, but I usually felt down on myself at times. So, hearing my dad speak, in a totally non-judgmental, encouraging way, it was like a ray of sunshine breaking through my dark, gray clouds of depression and sadness.

Anytime Jonathan Kent spoke to Clark, the things he had to say, and the way he said them, it reminded me of my dad. That really struck a chord with me.

The scene with clark as a kid with jonathan watching.

The theater was dead silent

As a little kid, I was a big Superman fan growing up. At one point, I even had Superman pajamas.

As a young boy, probably 4 or 5 years old, I had this blanket. On some days, I would take that blanket and tie it around my neck as a makeshift cape, and I would run around the yard, pretending I was Superman. Sometimes, I would ride my bike, so it would blow in the wind, like I was flying through the air. I literally felt like I could do anything.

So, seeing that that scene, with young Clark running around while wearing his cape, brought all of those memories flooding back. It was so beautifully poetic. A little kid, dreaming and aspiring to be something more than what he was.

That scene exemplifies why Superman will always be my first and favorite superhero.

I loved every scene with Clark and Martha Kent. Personally, those scenes really hit home for me. No lie, I teared up during every one.

Me too. They felt warm and genuine. Lane and Cavill had great chemistry. My favorite is when Clark returned home and told Martha he found the answers to his heritage.

Me too. They felt warm and genuine. Lane and Cavill had great chemistry. My favorite is when Clark returned home and told Martha he found the answers to his heritage.

Oh yeah, definitely.

:up:

As a beer snob, I was initially disappointed that Clark drank Budweiser, but then I thought, "Well, he is from Kansas."

You mean after
Zod's death? So the DP stuff?

Everything after the Zod. But particularly when the "What are you going to do when not saving the world" theme kicked in. That type of vignetted story telling is what I was expecting of Snyder the minute he was announced. But the red towel scene was such a well played cared, especially for people who haven't seen the marketing and even moreso for the kids in the audience

You take a hero as big as superman, then you juxtapose it with a kid in a cape, play that in a theater full of people that have probably run around doing similar when young and a bunch of kids that are probably going to do the same when they get home...It's pretty gnarly. The music helped. And the call back to Jonhathan Kent, this is where the film started to really gain distance on donner imo.

Into clark on a bike heading into work. I can't recall a cbm that has played with expectations of familiar iconica in such as way before. The spiderman endings get pretty close.

"Don't play games with me General."

That was a great solid line for him to give at that moment. The crowds I've been with ate it up too, chuckling/clapping because Cavill embodied Superman so much just in that one moment alone.

Replace "General" with "Darksied" and it will be a wrap.
Cavill really did nail it.

When Superman ripped off the handcuffs to talk to the General.

It was the first time we saw the "Superman" charm, yet command, in full effect if you will.

I liked the subtle humor, but I guess it was too subtle because any critic will tell you this movie was too serious.

Superman's more assertive attitude reminded me of Grant Morrison's take on the character in the new 52. Cavill had said a year ago that his approach was similar to it, and he was pretty much right.

I liked the subtle humor, but I guess it was too subtle because any critic will tell you this movie was too serious.

Exactly! Superman ripping the cups, "borrowing clothes", the "he's hot line". I can't think of more, but critics have such a RIGID mind of what a Superman movie should be.

My theater must have been loose because we laughed at all the times we were "supposed" to.

Honestly after Iron Man 3, Into Darkness and Furious 6 (all movies I liked) I was all humored out. Man of Steel wasn't the Superman movie I expected but it's the movie I needed.

^ Yeah. I feel like MOS was a victim of unfair expectations. MOS isn't about the darkness, but the ability to reach beyond and overcome it. Is the pacing off? Sure. Is the writing perfect? Of course not. But the SUM of the story and characters should be enough to propel it to decent reviews. The fact that Spider-Man 3 has a higher rating than MOS on RT is telling :/

I loved the banter and dynamic between Faora and Hardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"