The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

Which picture is this?

main-qimg-85e1c6fbf75981fb8446b608efdb5cc5

I've got even less interest in seeing Luke and Leia played by younger actors than I did with Han Solo.

Also, that's a face morph, not "Sebastian Stan's face over Mark Hamill's."

I wouldn't mind seeing a Disney + series with Luke and Ashoka as the main stars. Seeing some type of adaptation of the "Thrawne" trilogy would be great imho.

I've got even less interest in seeing Luke and Leia played by younger actors than I did with Han Solo.

Also, that's a face morph, not "Sebastian Stan's face over Mark Hamill's."
What is a face morph exactly? Merging 2 faces digitally? I’m a bit clueless on all this.

I don't like the whole Sebastian Stan thing. It kind of irks me.

It’ll never happen so don’t worry too much about it. They won’t cast a middle aged Luke.

Solo was way better than it had any right to be and I started out with my arms metaphorically folded. Very good "Saturday Matinee" movie as I've heard it described. The most like a movie serial of the entire franchise I think.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's good but I liked it a significant amount. I was expecting to hate Solo too. Really hate it.

What is a face morph exactly? Merging 2 faces digitally? I’m a bit clueless on all this.
Yes. That is partially still Hamill’s face, which is why it looks so much like him, lol.

Is it possible to bring Hamill back an de-age him enough for it to be convincing?

Is it possible to bring Hamill back an de-age him enough for it to be convincing?
Yes. They already de-aged him in TROS for a post-ROTJ flashback of young Luke training young Leia. It looked pretty convincing.

Though that was just for a few seconds. It will take a lot of money to do it again especially for a much longer amount of time, but it’s still doable and I’m fairly sure Hamill would be game provided he’s paid well.

Last edited:
Yes. They already de-aged him in TROS for a post-ROTJ flashback of young Luke training young Leia. It looked pretty convincing.

Though that was just for a few seconds. It will take a lot of money to do it again especially for a much longer amount of time, but it’s still doable and I’m fairly sure Hamill would be game provided he’s paid well.

Yeah even watching that quality something looks off about Leia's face. Not to mention, they are wearing masks most of the sequence and they are under heavy shadow lighting. This isn't tech you can only use sparingly.

Deep-fake the thing. Have you seen the fan-made deep fakes of Grand Moff Tarkin/Leia or Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy? They spent millions and millions of dollars in CGI faces when a guy in a basement with a computer can make it look a lot better with a deep fake.

Deep-fake the thing. Have you seen the fan-made deep fakes of Grand Moff Tarkin/Leia or Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy? They spent millions and millions of dollars in CGI faces when a guy in a basement with a computer can make it look a lot better with a deep fake.

Some of those examples look OK for a YouTube video, but would they stand up to scrutiny of a larger higher quality presentation?

Also, Tron Legacy did come out 10 years ago now. Deep Fake wasn't a thing at that point yet.

Some of those examples look OK for a YouTube video, but would they stand up to scrutiny of a larger higher quality presentation?

Also, Tron Legacy did come out 10 years ago now. Deep Fake wasn't a thing at that point yet.
I know, I meant that is doable now.
I'm sure they can make it look good in 4K. Trust them, they're engineers (?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"