Days of Future Past The Mark MILLAR Official Thread

Did Tony Stark's cameo at end of Increidble Hulk have any reason?No especilly since virtully nothing In that film was carried over to Avengers.

Except for the Hulk becoming one of the Avengers.....SMH.

Wolverines cameo in FC was geared more towards Fans who appreciate continuity. His 3 words made it all clear.

Oh please.Nothing of the Incredible Hulk's plot was carried on to the Avengers.Shield was
helping the army track down banner.Yet In Avengers all of a sudden that Is entirely dropped.Stark's cameo Is now just a waste of time.It set up othing.Particully after In iron Man 2 they said they didn't want him except as consulant.bad place they didn't even allow Lou Ferringro do hulk's speaking voice again In The Avengers.

Yeah, everything they established in TIH was then undone by the Marvel One Shot, The Consultant.

I only have DVD player so I haven't seen any of their one shots.

I like the Increidble Hul.I respect others oporion who don't.But,It's fairly obvious they mostly disregard TIH.They couldn't even keep Hulk's voice the same for Contunity.
The portrayal of banner was even more different.Edward Norton was basiclly 616 version with a little Influence of TV show's david Banner.While Mark ruffallo was basiclly David Banner from TV show with a little of Ultimate version.

Robert Downey JR's cameo In TIH Is about as Important as Hugh jackman's cameo In First CLass.Only Hugh's wasn't mentioned In advance.They wanted Hugh's scene to be surprise.

Yeah, everything they established in TIH was then undone by the Marvel One Shot, The Consultant.

How did "The Consultant" undue anything? It tied in perfectly. If everything FOX-men was undone by First Class. Yet Millar says that The Wolverine takes place after X-3 and will connect with FC and DOFP. Which would be a lot of red tape for a film that Hugh Jackman initially stated was a "Stand Alone" film a month before Millar was hired.

Don't confuse a failed continuity with Marvel having to replace Ed Norton for almost ruining a franchise with his rants.

There's no reason a sequel can't pick up on where IH left off and unlike Wolverine and DOFP, IH would would have any significant worries.

How did "The Consultant" undue anything? It tied in perfectly. If everything FOX-men was undone by First Class. Yet Millar says that The Wolverine takes place after X-3 and will connect with FC and DOFP. Which would be a lot of red tape for a film that Hugh Jackman initially stated was a "Stand Alone" film a month before Millar was hired.

Don't confuse a failed continuity with Marvel having to replace Ed Norton for almost ruining a franchise with his rants.

There's no reason a sequel can't pick up on where IH left off and unlike Wolverine and DOFP, IH would would have any significant worries.

Of course it undid everything. They set up the ending of TIH to tie into the Avengers. Then they realized that it no longer made sense for what they wanted to do, so they shot The Consultant as a way to fix it.

I only have DVD player so I haven't seen any of their one shots.

Don't say I never gave you anything.....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkteut_the-consultant-marvel-short-film_shortfilms#.UPmYAR082So

Now can anyone tell me how this discredits, undo's or ruins anything leading up to The Avengers?

FYI Ironman 2 has actual footage of IH in the scene where Fury is talking to Stark. So saying that MCU has dismissed IH and any since is ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOZfzRLhxjU&noredirect=1

The defense rest....LOL!

Last edited:
There's also a clip from TIH (as well as Thor and Cap) in the Avengers when Tony goes over whatever it was that Coulson gave to him at Stark Tower.

It's called a cameo. :huh:

Then you need to explain that to Mr Millar because he loves First Class but seems to have a problem with characters that "throwing in ten second cameos, you know". Never stand in a glass house before you start casting stones.

Yes, X1 had a hand full of character who serviced the plot in one way or another.

In XO:W? Not so much. They just added a **** ton of well known character who had no place in the film just for the sake of it. Gambit? Blob? Emma? Cyclops? Deadpool?

Same in X3. The 3 big new names (compared to only one big new name in X2, Nightcrawler) were Beast, Angel, and Kitty. But only Beast really serviced the story and had any impact on the audience. Angel and Kitty were just... there. And don't get me started on Psylocke, Callisto, Juggernaut, etc.

With both X3 and Wolverine it seemed the idea was to cram as many well known mutants as they possibly could into one film. You're delusional if you think that was the case with the other 3 films.

The Mutants in X3 and XOWolverine served their purpose in their respective plots. Some of them died or dissappeared just like in X1, X2 and First Class. So no Im afraid there's no delusion on my part.

Last edited:
Angel was the reason the cure was created, but the writers or Ratner didnt give him the right treatment.

He is a really special character, I think. A real angel on the society could have some kind of impact, specially on the hard christians, so it was a missed opportunity.

I think Singer could have payed a little attention to that, if he showed Kurt being a believer, I think he could have done something interesting with Angel, and maybe showing a curious scene and dialogue betweent Kurt and Warren.

But as he saw, Ratner doesnt seem to have that kind of sensibility

I don't think we should blame Ratner for Angel's treatment in X3. The writers already dropped Nightcrawler before Ratner became the director of X3. The writers should have given him a better story and more scenes.

It's going to be tricky because the film's story means bringing together the First Class and original trilogy casts. We already know there will be two versions of Xavier and two versions of Magneto. That's four people straight away, without any other characters.

Well, at the very least what might make the job easier is that, apart from possibly the timetraveller, there will be no actual interaction between the casts and they will remain in their respective timelines. So the movie will not have to deal with all of those characters together at once.

Xavier changing mind with younger self Is a strong possibilty.It keeps things somewhat In line with original comic story version.

I hope that doesn't happen, because that way we don't really get either McAvoy!Charles or Stewart!Charles, but just this weird in-between version which is neither here nor there.

Bryan Singer On Mark Millar’s “Involvement” With X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Brendon Connelly said:
I asked Singer to clarify how much Millar will be contributing to Days of Future Past, even if this was in the most basic of consultancy roles, and he told me that Millar wasn’t any part of it - and that he didn’t even really know what Millar’s job with the studio is.
I’ve not spoken to Mark Millar at all. He’s not involved. I don’t know what his role is about. All I know is that I have my own specific beliefs about how to take this universe forward. I started with the first X-Men, then First Class and now I am combining them and I think it could go further than that and I have some ideas about that, so perhaps he should chat to me at some point.

"Creative consultant" sounds like one of those titles given to people to make them feel important and useful.

He was never gonna be a writer or anything on DOFP. Don't really understand why people think he would have a larger hand in this particular film. He's more then likely looking at options for multiple films between the X and FF universe and how to make it work. He pretty much confirmed this in an interview. Fox likes money and they have ****loads of characters. So they are looking at their options.

His job was never hinted at being anything more. Continuity hasnt exactly been a strong point either, they needed someone to take that role.

Millar has always struck me as a talented guy who got bitten by the 'fame' bug. So he thrives in hyperbole. I'm not saying he's a bad guy but...yeah, judging by his comments and tweets in the past, either he tends to be misinformed or like what blogger Devin Faraci said, a pathological lier'.

Mark Millar Teases Big Announcement From Fox; Confirms He Has Now Spoken To Bryan Singer
Mark MIllar said:
]JUST HAD A GREAT CHAT WITH BRYAN SINGER

What an immensely nice dude that guy is!

As a producer on Kick-ash 2, I've not been in LA since Sept when Fox flew me out to sit with the insanely-clever writer Simon Kinberg and the Fox execs to chat X-men back when Matthew was still directing. But Kick-ash 2 is pretty much done now and so my beady-eye can move back towards the Fox stuff again. There's a very exciting announcement you guys will hear about over the coming months (if not before), but the most immediate things the office is talking about are Days of Future Past and The Wolverine, both of which I'm absolutely aching to see. I saw the first 10 mins of Jim's Wolvie when I was out there last September. I'm out again next month and will have the pleasure of seeing a very near final cut too.

Days of Future-Past is potentially the biggest and most ambitious superhero movie ever made. I've seen this coming together in various stages, but now they're only weeks away from shooting it's really catching fire. I'll catch Bry in person before he heads to Montreal next month when I'm seeing Wolvie and we can chat a little more about the Fox grand plan. A very, very exciting time to be into this stuff, especially when you consider that the brilliant Josh Trank has Fantastic Four lined up for 2015. You don't know how lucky you are - when I was a kid Nicholas Hammond was playing Spidey on a visible wire!!

Heck yes we are in for a treat if X-Men is able to give Marvel a run for their money. I wonder how long this movie will be?

I do hope its long. With the way DOFP has so many cast members, you gotta have a longer movie...its gonna have twice as many characters in it than what we've seen in X2. I think...at least thats the way I see it.

To be honest, I'm not happy with Mark Millar's involvement with this series. I don't think I want to see X-Men work with Fantastic Four and MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"