The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread - Part 3

Heidi Gardner has been such a great addition this season. Hope they start giving her more screentime.

Heidi Gardner has been such a great addition this season. Hope they start giving her more screentime.

My wife and I were watching that bit and couldn't stop thinking of our own 20yo daughter! So accurate!

I hadn't caught onto her name yet so I had to Google which one you were talking about but I agree, I think she's the best new addition they've had in a while.

The Aziz skit is so accurate. :lmao: I also laughed when they mentioned Shape of Water at the end because it reminded me of their La La Land skit last year.

Indeed. She's been stealing the show lately. :up:

funniest episode i've seen in ages, I loved it, Will Ferrell is still in top form, great to see him back, the guy is gold

The new Natalie Portman rap...

giphy.gif

She knew she had to come back with fire.

Apart from being the best SNL of the season so far IMO, I wasn't expecting to laugh way more at a Natalie Portman hosted show than Will Ferrell's. She really knocked it out of the park. She does have a natural gift for comedy which she doesn't get the opportunity to do a lot on film. I vaguely remember the first time she hosted back in 2006 but the only skit that stood out was the first rap she did with Andy Samberg.

That was a great SNL yesterday!

That rap!! :hmr::woot::lmao:

Other than the rap I thought everything else was a let down. The Will Ferrell episode is still one of my favorites (along with Sam Rockwell and James Franco)

I think the Star Trek sketch should have taken a page from South Park and flashed "Best Actress, 2011 Academy Awards" on screen when she was talking to Beck Bennett's butt.

not as good as the will ferrell episode, but I thought it was above average, lmao'd at the natalie portman rap 2.0 lol

Can we get Troy and Abed in the Morning sketch, though? Or at least Teddy Perkins?

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/saturday-night-live-snl-donald-glover-1202752455/

‘Saturday Night Live’ Books Donald Glover as Host and Musical Guest

Donald Glover will appear as both host and musical guest on “Saturday Night Live” May 5. This marks the first time Glover will appear on the show in either capacity.

“SNL” made the announcement about Glover with a title card during the April 14 episode that saw John Mulaney as host.

The Lobster Les Mis sketch was hilarious. :funny:

Glover will be the 7th Black host of the season. How Progressive of SNL :woot:

Glover will be the 7th Black host of the season. How Progressive of SNL :woot:

They're trying to divert attention from the fact that they've never had an Asian cast member. :o

The last episode with Mulaney was really good all around.

The cut for time sketch with the wedding was really good too. I don’t understand how they cut out the good ones and leave in the bad ones? The horns sketch was really bad.

They're trying to divert attention from the fact that they've never had an Asian cast member. :o

They have had a cast member who was partial Asian in Fred Armisen, but they've never had anyone who was full Asian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"