The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Ruffalo as Hulk a surprise when he was unveiled at comic-con?

I think that was the "official" announcement, but it was known before CC that Ed Norton had officially backed out and Ruffalo was the lead replacement.

The part was Norton's if he'd asked for it, and Feige very much wanted to unite all the film actors on one stage, but Norton's Agent and Marvel couldn't come to terms on compensation. Norton was not under contract like Downey, Evans and Hemsworth were, he only signed to do one film.

Patrick Wilson Exits Ant-Man Due to Scheduling Conflict Caused by Film's Delay
Don’t expect Patrick Wilson, Matt Gerard and Kevin Weisman to be at tomorrow’s Marvel Studios Hall H presentation at Comic-Con. That trio has dropped out of the ever morphing Ant-Man movie that has Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas and The Hobbit‘s Evangeline Lilly starring. The movie has been in some state of flux after director Edgar Wright dropped out over differences in creative vision with Marvel’s Kevin Feige, so not surprisingly there is speculation that the trio’s exit is for the same reason that Wright departed and was replaced by Peyton Reed. Marvel insiders adamantly dispute that.

We’re told by insiders that Gerard and Weisman’s characters were omitted in the newly evolved version of the script. Wilson, on the other hand, had a scheduling conflict as production on the movie got delayed, and that is why he won’t be there. Lilly is at Comic-Con to tour a childrens book and Peter Jackson’s final Hobbit installment, The Battle Of The Five Armies. we wouldn’t be surprised to see her at the Marvel panel along with Rudd, Douglas and Reed. Feige always pulls out the stops on Comic-Con, so we expect star-studded updates on Avengers: Age Of Ultron and some vamping on the imminent release Guardians Of The Galaxy. Feige is always good for a few surprises though it seems doubtful he’ll be able to bring in Joaquin Phoenix, who’ll star in Marvel’s Doctor Strange film.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/comic-con-major-cast-exits-on-ant-man-include-patrick-wilson/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
:csad:

Well that's not the best time to suddenly drop out. Didn't they know there would be scheduling conflicts before, even a month ago?

Maybe Patrick Wilson can be someone else now. Isn't Kevin Weisman the one who starred in Alias?

Damn Wilson is out :csad:

I was curious about how Gerard's character fit into this film.

I had no idea Weisman was even attached to Ant-Man

Was looking forward to seeing Wilson in a MS film. He's out as well as two others, this movie better be good. I think this film might be MS first really rocky production.

Imagine if Michael Douglas had dropped out suddenly the day before SDCC, after he has been announced to be there and his picture is on the concept art. Of course, there's always the morning of the con.

Im fine with that. I think Wilson has the potential to be a lead in a superhero franchise so hopefully he moves to bigger and better things

I'm just going to trust and believe in marvel. Still have high hopes for this.

I know man, I've been lurking occasionally but for the most part I've just been busy with school and work. I have to be here for Comic-Con, though. Hail Hydra! :woot:

Totally understandable bro. Sure, I'm so busy with work as well but this community makes me smile and it's always fun conversing with folks here. Good luck with school. Hail Hydra!:woot:

I'm sure we'll hear about the full cast and any replacements once Marvel hits the stage on Saturday.

Damn, this is some bad news after a string of good news. Truly a rocky production.

I remember the rumors of Patrick Wilson playing a young Hank Pym. Maybe that's now back open in the future. ;)

Q: Whos fault is it that this production is all messed up? MARVELs? Really? People actually think that? Youre full of it if you do.

So one actor is out. He cant be replaced? Theres no other great actors in Hollywood who can play that role? OK. Whatever you say.

:whatever:

Last edited:
Marvel is notoriously cheap. Obviously they screwed up here. They did it before with Thor 2 dropping a more interesting director and making a rushed film. So it could happen again.

Marvel is notoriously cheap. Obviously they screwed up here. They did it before with Thor 2 dropping a more interesting director and making a rushed film. So it could happen again.

Hey look, it's that guy!

I have 2 middle fingers up for all the Edgar Wright apologists in here. Have a great time watching Grasshopper Farm or whatever that stupid crap is.

I know right. LOL

A horn probably sounded off when that report of Wilson hit the net.

Wonder Troll powers...ACTIVATE!
dwRW7Ol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi