The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the trailer was pretty good, and really liked the few action scenes we got.

Showed it to my wife though, and she nearly burst out laughing when Ant-Man was on-screen. She said the costume looks "terrible".

Hope that isn't reflective of the GA's reaction... :(

I am so sick of the, "the movie has a lot of time before release. The CGI will get better" crap. We do not know this. Heck it is becoming more and more apparent that do to the short post-schedules, the early teaser shots are close to done because they don't have much time to go back and change them.

How many early teaser shots from other Marvel films have changed?

Ummm most actually...look at Iron man 3 second trailer vs TV spots..you see a lot of CGI Changes. Also even between age of ultron trailer 1 and the extended trailer they added a coiple things. Also....in GOTG that whole entering the cave thing for the Orb....that entire scene's CGI was changed from the first time we saw it to the clip and the second trailer

Suit is alright, but the awesome mask makes up for it.

:whatever::whatever:

Look at the post above yours. Also check out the invisible freaking chitauri in the Avengers trailer.
Changing the background in terms of green screen are massive changes now? Adding glow to Star-Lord's eyes? Really? Your description of the Chitauri scene is the exact point. Stuff that isn't at a certain standard isn't used.

This is not changing the entire final shot of TASM 2 or the agony Jackson puts his crews through creating new CGI characters a month out. Those things are rare. There is a big difference between changing the background and changing the look of the actual CGI creations.

Will it change a little? Probably. Little enhancements are typical. That doesn't suddenly mean we are going to go from this to the T-Rex scene in Jurassic Park.

I don't need you to be sorry.

Early Avengers and GotG teasers avoided huge effect shots outside of the necessary shots of Rocket and Groot and the big final shot of Iron Man. Such shots are worked on for months to have them ready for trailers. They are specifically worked on early. And while I love, love, love GotG, it has plenty of less then stellar CGI in the final product.

I have heard this talk for years on here. The CGI will look better, it will. And sometimes it does. But it is a rarity that the quality raises to another income bracket and it is becoming more and more common that this stuff is locked early.

False....in the first Avengers trailer when the aliens shot the streets, not only did the CGI of the aliens improve (for the entire trailer) but they added more debris and people running and improved the explosion FX

I thought the trailer was pretty good, and really liked the few action scenes we got.

Showed it to my wife though, and she nearly burst out laughing when Ant-Man was on-screen. She said the costume looks "terrible".

Well I remember seeing the GotG trailer before Cap 2, and literally no one reacted to it apart from one guy asking his mate whether he was going to see it and his mate said 'no it looks s***'

At that point I really thought GoTG might do badly, cos usually a trailer will come on the screen and you will here murmurs and people saying oh that looks good, or something, but it was just dead silence apart from that line.

So if you can't base GA reation on 100 people not sure you can base reaction on your wife. Also the suit is probably meant to look a bit bad, it is like 40 years old.

Changing the background in terms of green screen are massive changes now? Adding glow to Star-Lord's eyes? Really? Your description of the Chitauri scene is the exact point. Stuff that isn't at a certain standard isn't used.

This is not changing the entire final shot of TASM 2 or the agony Jackson puts his crews through creating new CGI characters a month out. Those things are rare.

Will it change a little? Probably. Little enhancments are typical. That doesn't suddenly mean we are going to go from this to the T-Rex scene in Jurassic Park.

dude...it wasn't just the background that changed. the actual DETAIL of the Chitarui itself was changed. go back and look...honestly...just stop

It's obvious the whole thing is a little tongue in cheek with Lang being like, "am i really gonna have to do this goofy ****?" until he realizes it's his destiny.

To me, the suit looks functional. It doesn't look like a traditional "superhero costume". It looks like a heavy duty suit and mask that helps with the shrinking transition.

Can not wait see Ant-Man interacting with the Avengers :) (still some years to go - how about Cap 3? ... smile)

Suit is perfect...

My nieces started laughing when they saw him flying on the ant.

God damn, I'm SO tired of people complaining about the quality of unfinished cgi in a teaser trailer for a film that still has over half a year of post-production left. I'm starting to feel like people have to take courses in visual effects creation and overall film production before being allowed to comment on teasers.

False....in the first Avengers trailer when the aliens shot the streets, not only did the CGI of the aliens improve (for the entire trailer) but they added more debris and people running and improved the explosion FX
How many of these are hero shots? That is the exact point. This isn't Iron Man's flying up to meet the first wave, Hulk going on his smashing spree, the long take.

There is a clear difference from quick flash shots and shots like Ant-Man on the ant.

dude...it wasn't just the background that changed. the actual DETAIL of the Chitarui itself was changed. go back and look...honestly...just stop
You are mixing up two different scenes. I said nothing about the Chitarui scenes background.

This is not changing the entire final shot of TASM 2 or the agony Jackson puts his crews through creating new CGI characters a month out. Those things are rare. There is a big difference between changing the background and changing the look of the actual CGI creations.

Will it change a little? Probably. Little enhancements are typical. That doesn't suddenly mean we are going to go from this to the T-Rex scene in Jurassic Park.

Which T-Rex scene, the car chase?

And are you comparing the Ant-man CGI to the T-Rex now, or are you saying a revolutionary thing?

To me, the suit looks functional. It doesn't look like a traditional "superhero costume". It looks like a heavy duty suit and mask that helps with the shrinking transition.
It kind of feels like a prototype suit imo.

I liked the teaser. Still processing it in my head as I have only seen it once so far but I liked how Pym's speech started rather generic and then turned interesting once the scope and theme of the film became clearer what with the focus on Lang's daughter and what not. I'll give this teaser trailer a solid 7/10, maybe a 7.5/10. Plenty of room to improve and wow me but I'd be sold by this if I wasn't already sold just because MS is making it. This is about even for me with the 1st GotG teaser trailer even though purely on paper this is more up my alley than GotG would ever be since I'm no outer space fan.

The one thing this trailer was missing compared to both the GOTG trailer and the new Avengers trailer , was the sound track , both Hooked On A Feeling and the song from Pinocchio really catches your attention , This one pretty much goes by un-noticed

Which T-Rex scene, the car chase?

And are you comparing the Ant-man CGI to the T-Rex now, or are you saying a revolutionary thing?
The original T-Rex attack. Still one of the finest examples of CGI. Same with the T-1000 in T2.

One of the odd thing about a shot like the one with the Ant is it is clearly all CGI. It is not subtle. So while it is good, it is clearly almost all, if not all CGI environment, so your brain registers the "sheen". So while it looks good, you know it is CGI. It just depends on how you take that.

I really love the West Coast vibe in the teaser. I also like that Rudd seems charming, but not in a childish way, ala Tony Stark or Peter Quill.

To be honest with you when the first GOTG trailer premiered I was a bit worried the film would be bad and everyone I know who watched it thought it looked bad too.(the first trailer I mean.)

How many of these are hero shots? That is the exact point. This isn't Iron Man's flying up to meet the first wave, Hulk going on his smashing spree, the long take.

There is a clear difference from quick flash shots and shots like Ant-Man on the ant.

Watch TDW trailer 1 vs the movie also please. notice the CGI differences especially in Thor's battefield entrance and smashing

The Hooked on a Feeling part of the GotG teaser never really got to me. I much more preferred it when the full GotG trailer had Spirit In The Sky with that opening guitar riff.

I could literally just keep posting a dozen examples....but i'll just smh. Teaser CGI is never movie CGI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"