The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always amazed at how we can come to so many conclusions after a whole 108 seconds

On the bright side its ****ing ant-man. If its terrible then its no great loss.

Oh I forgot to add that I'm going to pull my punches a little because it's only a teaser. The first full trailer could be awesome and the movie could still easily be awesome. I'm just saying that right now I don't have a great feeling about the film, I'm 100% open to changing my mind.

Oh I forgot to add that I'm going to pull my punches a little because it's only a teaser. The first full trailer could be awesome and the movie could still easily be awesome. I'm just saying that right now I don't have a great feeling about the film, I'm 100% open to changing my mind.

This.

I don't dig the trailer... I wish I saw more from Evangeline and Yellowjacket but this is just a teaser trailer... but for a teaser trailer, its quite meh.

Last edited:
The trailer didnt wow me but I wasn't expecting to be. I still have confidence that this movie will still be a success, and could turn out to be a fun thrill of a movie, especially when he's explring the world at the size of an ant.

I am so sick of the, "the movie has a lot of time before release. The CGI will get better" crap. We do not know this. Heck it is becoming more and more apparent that do to the short post-schedules, the early teaser shots are close to done because they don't have much time to go back and change them.

How many early teaser shots from other Marvel films have changed?

So much truth in this post. This mentality is especially bad among gamers. The worst part of it is that people are so indoctrinated to believe this, that they'll be utterly convinced that the end-game CGI is a 'night & day' difference compared to the initial teasers and trailers. What people need to realize is that when these teasers and trailers are released, it's what the studios are using to sell their films. I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't advertise something that wasn't mostly representative of the final product. That's like debuting a vehicle without paint. The safest thing to assume is that what we're seeing now is likely what we'll get. If it does indeed end up improved, then rejoice; the effects team worked some magic. If it doesn't, then at least you aren't delusional, or a liar.

Within 6 or 7 months from release (the time frame we've got until this drops), I've never seen an improvement that can be described as anything more than marginal. Ever. Cue the "then you must be blind" fallacies.

Someone actually tried to convince me that this and this constitute a night and day difference.

Not really, it did exactly what a teaser should do.

It's exactly what I want from a teaser, so I'm pleased enough.

Francesco Francavilla does it again!

http://francavillarts.tumblr.com/post/107380346566/ant-man-art-by-francesco-francavilla-officially

tumblr_nhsi3pLdmJ1ssmbizo1_1280.jpg

So much truth in this post. This mentality is especially bad among gamers. The worst part of it is that people are so indoctrinated to believe this, that they'll be utterly convinced that the end-game CGI is a 'night & day' difference compared to the initial teasers and trailers. What people need to realize is that when these teasers and trailers are released, it's what the studios are using to sell their films. I don't know about the rest of you, but I wouldn't advertise something that wasn't mostly representative of the final product. That's like debuting a vehicle without paint.

Within 6 or 7 months from release (the time frame we've got until this drops), I've never seen an improvement that can be described as anything more than marginal. Ever. Cue the "then you must be blind" fallacies.

Someone actually tried to convince me that this and this constitute a night and day difference.

So people who don't agree with you are "indoctrinated" are they. WOW, the condescension in that remark really is something. Your arrogance is really showing. And yes, I've noticed CGI improving between teasers and the actual film many times, and no, I'm not "indoctrinated." Cut the crap.

On the bright side its ****ing ant-man. If its terrible then its no great loss.
:mad:

Which is fair. Though I do find it funny that people are cool with hyping something on a little footage, but lose their mind if anyone suggest it isn't the bee's knees based on a little footage. :yay:

Anyone notice the writing credits in the trailer?

Man haters gonna hate. I'm sure if Edgar was still attached most of the people *****ing about it would be gushing about Edgar's sense of cinematic style or whatever. Just like I predicted GotG would blow up after the first trailer I'm confident this film has what it takes to more than make it's money back. I thought it looked epic and had a great feel and as a parent the last part of the speech really hit home with me as I'm sure it will with a lot of people

This is how I feel for now.

Man haters gonna hate. I'm sure if Edgar was still attached most of the people *****ing about it would be gushing about Edgar's sense of cinematic style or whatever. Just like I predicted GotG would blow up after the first trailer I'm confident this film has what it takes to more than make it's money back. I thought it looked epic and had a great feel and as a parent the last part of the speech really hit home with me as I'm sure it will with a lot of people
If Edgar Wright was still attached it would most clearly look different, so your point is quite flawed.

I am also sure everyone of your predictions has been a home run. Though predicting success for a Marvel branded film isn't exactly predicting the Greece to win the Euros. :funny:

For the record, even if the next trailer doesn't wow everyone its not a gurantee that it won't be a good movie. Edge of Tomorrow had a very average samey trailer and it was one of the best films last summer.

This is what bugs me. People are called haters or whatever just for having a negative opinion. It's silly. If your allowed to have positive feelings during a trailer I, along with anyone else is allowed to have negative opinions.

For the record, even if the next trailer doesn't wow everyone its not a gurantee that it won't be a good movie. Edge of Tomorrow had a very average samey trailer and it was one of the best films last summer.
I love Edge of Tomorrow, but I also loved its trailers. Also on the flip side, a good trailer is no guarantee of a good film. I have seen great movies with bad trailers and bad movies with great trailers.

Funny enough I was super skeptical going into GotG because that type of film is way out of my comfort zone, and that came away being my favorite MCU movie. Not the best one, but my personal favorite.

In this case the type of movie it is seems right in my wheelhouse and I enjoy Paul Rudd a lot so I'm not too worried about this one pleasing me. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint but I think it's got a lot of good going for it.

Loved the trailer. Reminds me of the first Iron Man film. A regular Joe thrust into an extraordinary situation. The semi grounded tone reflects that character journey.

Dry witty humour and the chance to see some Howard and Hank backstory and I'm in!

If Edgar Wright was still attached it would most clearly look different, so your point is quite flawed.

I am also sure everyone of your predictions has been a home run. Though predicting success for a Marvel branded film isn't exactly predicting the Greece to win the Euros. :funny:

Haha well I doubt the final product would have been vastly different. I meant to say if Edgar had released this exact trailer than people would be saying stuff like that. And notice with my prediction I didn't say it was going to bank like GotG or CA:TWS, I said it will make it's money back :cwink:

Any idiot has to realize at this point Marvel Studios is just printing their own money right now. Barring some kind of colossal screw up from Joss on AoU there is pretty much no way this movie doesn't make a good chunk of money on just the MS name alone. Luckily MS seems to want to deliver quality products and even if this film doesn't go on to have any proper sequels at least we now have Hank and Scott in the MCU proper. But I don't think there is anyway this movie doesn't get the standard trilogy

I love Edge of Tomorrow, but I also loved its trailers. Also on the flip side, a good trailer is no guarantee of a good film. I have seen great movies with bad trailers and bad movies with great trailers.

Man of Steel's trailers wowed me to the point where I was sure it would be a great film. Then I watched it and found the characters and plot hollow and uninteresting.

On the flip side as a lot of people have said Edge of Tomorrow's trailers werent great, but the movie delivered.

Trailers are fun, but they're marketing tools. They can't always be trusted to convey the mood or quality of a film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"