The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard they hired a Douglas lookalike, so maybe we'll see young Hank meeting with Peggy and Howard in the early 60s. ??

I heard they hired a Douglas lookalike, so maybe we'll see young Hank meeting with Peggy and Howard in the early 60s. ??

This is going slightly off topic, but the possibilities of a 1960s Avengers (The Invaders?) are quite vast and rich:

Peggy Carter
Howard Stark
Young Hank Pym
Young Janet Van Dyne
Prince Namor
T'Chaka
Android Human Torch and/or Toro (depending on what the Vision's origin is in AOU, this could be recanoned in a way that makes sense vis a vis Howard Stark)
Union Jack (just loved the costume way more than Captain Britain's)
Any second-tier Avenger that doesn't quite fit in with the contemporary MCU (Swordsman, Mantis, Black Knight, Jocasta)

Just saw the new trailer and really liked what I saw. I think Marvel has another sleeper hit on their hands

Pink: It would be awesome if we find out theres even more heroes from back then. I dont really expect it, but ya never know.

Pink: It would be awesome if we find out theres even more heroes from back then. I dont really expect it, but ya never know.

And the exact reason it's not mentioned in the contemporary MCU is because of the time it was set in: the postwar period, which was rife with conspiracy, paranoia and generally really hinky stuff going on. Any metahuman activity would be deep, deep in the shadows; there'd be no flashy displays of fighting robots in NYC.

Coming to Netflix in 2016: Marvel's Agent Carter and the Invaders

Make it happen, Dormammu my lord and master! :bow:

^^ Thats a great explanation on how to have other super characters back then!! :cool:

Well regarding a sequel for this, I doubt it'll happen at all even if this makes TWS or GotG money WW, at least not before Phase 4. If GotG and this film had traded release dates and GotG had remained as successful as it was I still think they would have been forced to hold off on the sequel until Phase 4. So if they don't quickly greenlight a sequel to this despite success don't fret because they have a lot on their plate to get to.

It looks okay. Lightyears better than the first trailer, mostly because of the action and effects stuff, which looks solid. I can see how Ant Man die-hards would be psyched to see Ant Man using his powers onscreen for the first time. But to me, that's all just window dressing.

I dunno, it looks cute and kinda fun, and that's about it. The dialogue, the story, it all still comes across as very, very generic. stuff. All the epic music in the world doesn't cover that up.

And the train thing is amusing. But it's not THAT funny.

I'm honestly just not feeling Paul Rudd in this role so far. Or Michael Douglas, come to think of it.

A lot of praise online for this trailer most popular reaction channels have changed their tune a bit! Makes me happy.

Last edited:
Ant-Man struggling to run on top the gun is everything.

I wonder if they are saving any possible giant size transformation for the movie?

I also feel like they missed a trick by not having him go sub-atomic.

I wonder if they are saving any possible giant size transformation for the movie?

If it happens in the film, I expect to see it in a future trailer.

Apparently this film has quite the impact on Civil War. The whole militarising super powers. Giving a criminal super powers etc

Union Jack (just loved the costume way more than Captain Britain's)

What the?! - them's fightin' words! :ssbr:

As cool as UJ's outfit undoubtedly is, it doesnt hold a candle to CB's 1st and 2nd costumes. No arguement on the others since mind; they've all been garbage.

Save that for a further movie. Giant-Man stuff too (we've got to get that at some point, surely?)

As cool as UJ's outfit undoubtedly is, it doesnt hold a candle to CB's 1st and 2nd costumes. No arguement on the others since mind; they've all been garbage.

Both their costumes are super lame

84506-Khal-Drogo-come-at-me-bro-gif-Ljc9.gif

So I've heard this film will be more of table setting for Civil War and AoU is not. Also, I see way more positive reactions to this property now after this full trailer, not surprising. I believe this movie will please the GA way more than the curmudgeon cbm die hards.

Captain Liechtenstein has a better costume than you, mate. :o

So I've heard this film will be more of table setting for Civil War and AoU is not. Also, I see way more positive reactions to this property now after this full trailer, not surprising. I believe this movie will please the GA way more than the curmudgeon cbm die hards.

I knew I wasn't imagining the positive reactions! :D

I wonder if they will work in some sort of internalizing of the suit's powers?

Trailers often show things out of sequence but... that moment with Lang in a car watching the ants spin a penny got me thinking: 1. What if that takes place at the end with the suit and the Pym tech all destroyed? But somehow through the course of the plot Lang ends up internalizing both the suit's size ability and insect control? 2. What if, despite the general jocularity that the film has a downer ending... somewhat? Say Pym is dead and Lang goes back to prison but that moment with him discovering that he's internalized the powers means the posibility for further adventures exists?

Just some stray thoughts.

I wonder if they will work in some sort of internalizing of the suit's powers?

Trailers often show things out of sequence but... that moment with Lang in a car watching the ants spin a penny got me thinking: 1. What if that takes place at the end with the suit and the Pym tech all destroyed? But somehow through the course of the plot Lang ends up internalizing both the suit's size ability and insect control? 2. What if, despite the general jocularity that the film has a downer ending... somewhat? Say Pym is dead and Lang goes back to prison but that moment with him discovering that he's internalized the powers means the posibility for further adventures exists?

Just some stray thoughts.

I kind of just assumed Pym is wearing the helmet and controlling them at that point, showing Lang what it can do.

yup

Ant-Man is sooooooo cute when tiny. Awwwwe.

It was adorable when he jumped on that guy's gun and started running. I'm not sure that is the kind of reaction a superhero wants to get from a viewer, though lol.

It looks okay. Lightyears better than the first trailer, mostly because of the action and effects stuff, which looks solid. I can see how Ant Man die-hards would be psyched to see Ant Man using his powers onscreen for the first time. But to me, that's all just window dressing.

I dunno, it looks cute and kinda fun, and that's about it. The dialogue, the story, it all still comes across as very, very generic. stuff. All the epic music in the world doesn't cover that up.

And the train thing is amusing. But it's not THAT funny.

I'm honestly just not feeling Paul Rudd in this role so far. Or Michael Douglas, come to think of it.

I'm not sure how you get generic from a movie about a superhero that shrinks and reverts back at will using his fighting style after being a criminal that takes on the mantel of an older hero who retired... :p

I literally laughed out loud at the train scene. This looks just as good as Guardians and that is saying A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"