The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Douglas & Paul Rudd have great chemistry

[YT]/Nk40DmBmv4s[/YT]

So I don't know if this was settled, but is Pym still
a villain in this film?

He never was a
villain. One of the few things Edgar Wright ever debunked about Ant-Man is that Hank Pym isn't a villain but for some reason people believe he is :huh:

It is highly possible Hank Pym
dies in the movie at the hands of Yellowjacket. There were set pictures of a wounded Hank being carried out of Pym Technologies injured by his daughter. Douglas also posed with his long time double with the blood stained suit on his last day on set.

latest

That interview clip was hilarious. I wonder if they had a few martinis for lunch. :lmao:

Michael Douglas talked a little bit about Ant-Man with collider.
Having just seen the latest Ant-Man trailer, that movie seems like it’s going to be so fun and have a great sense of humor to it. Was that part of the appeal for you?

DOUGLAS: I probably would have been happy with anything Marvel was going to offer me, just because I’ve never done one of these big CGI, green screen, effects movies. To me, it’s this fascinating other world. And most importantly, I did it for my children. They’re so excited. I’ve finally got a picture that they are so excited about. Dad is cool. You have to understand, for most of my career, I’ve done so many R-rated pictures. They can never see any of my movies. Just recently, at 14 and 12, they’re becoming more aware of some of the things that I’ve done. So, this is a lot of fun.

Have you gotten to see the full film yet?

DOUGLAS: I have not seen it yet. I’ve just been doing looping and ADR stuff, and they’ve run some sequences. It’s a lot of fun to see it. It’s much more like Guardians of the Galaxy, with the humor. It’s just funny, against all of this grandiose stuff, that there’s Ant-Man. It’s getting a great response.

Did you read a lot of comics as research for it?

DOUGLAS: I was never a comic book guy. They sent me stuff, so I became aware of how crucial Hank Pym was to Ant-Man, and how important Ant-Man was to The Avengers.

With people like Adam McKay and Paul Rudd involved, was there a lot of improvisation?

DOUGLAS: I’m not going to say any more because we could just keep going on. I’m going to talk my head off about Ant-Man in a couple of months. But, I think that freedom was given more to Paul Rudd and his character. I deal much more with the information in the picture and the facts.

It def looks more in the style of Guardians. A sci fi/action/adventure that doesnt take itself so seriously. Perfect summertime family friendly movie.

Lol at Marvels billboards for AntMan.:funny:

Oh my god, wait? Are those real? I just assumed it was something fanmade at first but if they are actual marvel advertising than that is one of my favorite ad campaigns ever. Look at how cute they are!

It def looks more in the style of Guardians. A sci fi/action/adventure that doesnt take itself so seriously. Perfect summertime family friendly movie.

Considering the slightly dark turn A:AoU is looking like it'll take, a breather is good, and it looks like the man with an ant has our prescription.

^That'l be the 2nd year in a row with that formula. One darker/heavier film and one lighter one. I don't think they'll be able to do that next year though since Civil War should at least be as heavy/dark as AoU and I don't think Dr. Strange is as naturally comedic a character as GotG or Ant-Man are. They didn't go out and hire a director known most for horror films for nothing. But I guess Deadpool will be soaking up all the levity in 2016.

Last edited:
I thought the latest trailer was really fantastic given all the troubles this film has had.
This should at least be a fairly enjoyable film which is good enough for me. But it looks like it has potential to be even better than that. It reminded me slightly of GOTG. In fact Ant Man trailer left me more excited than GOTGs trailer. So hopefully that's only a good sign.

I'm just so impressed by how fluid and dynamic the fight scenes are in this film...using shrinking as part of his fighting skills looks amazing. I've never seen anything like it.

On Letterman, Rudd was on and they showed a clip of Scott Lang breaking into Pym's vault and not finding anything of notice but the Ant-Man suit, which they call an "old motorcycle suit." Nothing too big but it's our first real look at a full in-movie scene.

Having just seen AoU, I have to echo the sentiments of some others that we may be headed for another TWS/GOTG situation here.

Hank and Scott comic team up!
ANTMANANN2015001_Cov_col.jpg

ANT-MAN ANNUAL #1
NICK SPENCER (W)
RAMON ROSASNAS & Brent Schoonover (A)
Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
• Just in time for the ANT-MAN movie (funny, that), it’s the team-up you’ve been waiting for: Scott Lang and Hank Pym, together again! Ant-bros!
• A classic villain makes his dreaded return!
• And a new hero is born! Well, not born, really -- he’s already an adult. Nobody wants to read about a super-baby. (Or do they?)
40 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

The latest trailer certainly made it seem that way. And as GOTG is my favourite MCU movie that can only be a good thing.

Question, Im not a comic guy...so my exposure to Ant Man is purely based on what ive read here and the marvel wiki..albeit a brief encounter with the wiki page...anyways.....what else does his suit do? Can he enlarge himself? I read that when he shrinks he gains density which increases his strength....but how does it work if/when he gets bigger? TIA

Question, Im not a comic guy...so my exposure to Ant Man is purely based on what ive read here and the marvel wiki..albeit a brief encounter with the wiki page...anyways.....what else does his suit do? Can he enlarge himself? I read that when he shrinks he gains density which increases his strength....but how does it work if/when he gets bigger? TIA

Yes he can use the Pym particles to increase size as well(I think his limit usually was about 60 ft. tall) and I think when he does this he doesn't become less dense but rather he gains mass so he's proportionately the same density as he always was when at normal size. This occurs in a similar fashion to the Hulk when he changes from Banner and adds like a thousand pounds of muscle mass. It's just that when in Giant-man form Pym or whoever is using the particles doesn't get any buffer like Hulk does. They are simply giant sized versions of themselves.

Now when at this size they possess actual superhuman strength as opposed to relative superhuman strength when Ant-Man/Wasp sized(where they're superhumanly strong for their size because they retain their full human-sized strength due to the density thing, though for some reason they don't retain their full-sized weight and I don't know how that works). I think Giant-man is like 2-3 times stronger than high school-aged Spider-man or about the physical strength of an ordinary Asgardian man. Probably able to lift 30 tons or so. I think in Giant-man form they also have a level of superhuman durability simply by virtue of their added mass. Probably at that size small arms fire wouldn't be much of an issue but getting shot with a tank shell for example could still kill them. It'd be like a regular person getting shot with a hand gun.

And I keep using the plural when talking about them because besides Pym as the original Giant-man there have been many other heroes who used his Pym particles to become giants and superheroes. Scott Lang's daughter Cassie(who's in the movie) eventually becomes Giant-Girl/Stature plus Hawkeye for a time used Pym's particles to become Goliath and then there's Bill Foster who was Black Goliath and there was probably others(Atlas, etc.). Janet Van Dyne/Wasp also possessed the ability to grow to giant form but she really didn't like it so she rarely used that ability. I don't think Scott Lang used it much either, unlike Pym who was pretty evenly split between small and giant versions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"