The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ant-Man is sooooooo cute when tiny. Awwwwe.

It was adorable when he jumped on that guy's gun and started running. I'm not sure that is the kind of reaction a superhero wants to get from a viewer, though lol.

Hey, it worked for Rocket and Baby Groot.

Not so much for Ray Stevenson though.

This looks just as good as Guardians and that is saying A LOT.

Honestly this tickles my fancy far more than Guardians ever did. I'm a more traditional superhero fan and outer space stuff has never appealed to me much. I ended up liking GotG ultimately, but I didn't love it.

Last edited:
I thought this was one of the better MCU trailers, and I think people will be surprised how well the whole ant army thing will come off to the audience. Fresh and original, gives a unique look that no other film has been able to. That "racing with the ants" scene is one of the better MCU visuals, ever. Plus, the film looks to imply the dilemma in Civil War with Pym's speech. The only fault with this film on the surface is the generic defense contractor businessman "worst of DC Silver Age" Stane-Hammer-Killian blender hodgepodge villain...but at least Yellowjacket has a cool costume.

I thought this was one of the better MCU trailers, and I think people will be surprised how well the whole ant army thing will come off to the audience. Fresh and original, gives a unique look that no other film has been able to. That "racing with the ants" scene is one of the better MCU visuals, ever. Plus, the film looks to imply the dilemma in Civil War with Pym's speech. The only fault with this film on the surface is the generic defense contractor businessman "worst of DC Silver Age" Stane-Hammer-Killian blender hodgepodge villain...but at least Yellowjacket has a cool costume.

Yea , I hope come up with some way of making Corey Stoll's character different then Jeff Bridges character in the original Iron Man

But a lot of these comic books revolve around technology industries , weather it's Stark , Pym , SHIELD or even Norman Osborn

I'm just hoping there are a lot of bugs in the movie , ants , bees , wasps , , I don't care which , but I wanna see armies of ants in 3D !!!!!

I'm just hoping there are a lot of bugs in the movie , ants , bees , wasps , , I don't care which , but I wanna see armies of ants in 3D !!!!!

SCOTT: So does the helmet let me control spiders too?

HANK: What? No, of course not. A spider-based superhero makes absolutely no sense.

You cant complain about these tech companies in the Marvel Universe. Theres a bunch of em. The main thing is to make the characters true to their own story convincingly and in an entertaining way. Im sure that the writers didnt want to just copy Iron Man. Itll have its own story arc we havent seen yet. as long as we can overlook certain similarities, its all good.

JoBlo's possible Ant-Man spoilers
ANT-MAN vs. Yellowjacket:

There will be two big fights between the hero and villain in ANT-MAN; one that takes place in a briefcase as it falls out of a helicopter where they're literally fighting around objects in the case; Lifesavers, keys, an iPhone, etc. and using said objects against one another. The final battle between both characters takes place in Scott Lang's daughters' room on the Thomas the Train set (as seen in the recent trailer). As the battle rages on, we'll see both characters enlarge certain objects while they're still shrunk, accidentally making a giant ant and, eventually, Thomas the Train, which crashes out of the bedroom, crushing a car on the street. Crazy stuff and obviously making full use of the shrinking and enlarging that goes hand-in-hand with ANT-MAN's powers.

The Wasp:

Evangeline Lilly is playing Hope Van Dyne in the film, as we know, and our source indicates that she will indeed become The Wasp, but you will NOT see it happen in ANT-MAN.

JoBlo is also reporting Ant-Man will be in Civil War on Iron Man's side and will go giant sized in a big battle scene.

Besides the 8 episodes series of Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp Rudd's schedule is clear for this year.

Last edited:

What about an Antlion?

antlion.jpg

Honestly, I don't know why there isn't an Antman villain named Antlion.

I just saw that concept art bit in the other thread with him facing off against a centipede that utterly dwarfed him. I'd like to see that kinda thing in the movie. Maybe there are some species of insects that he simply can't control or maybe he just didn't have the experience enough yet to control the centipede so he has to fight it. Either way works for me.

There will be two big fights between the hero and villain in ANT-MAN; one that takes place in a briefcase as it falls out of a helicopter where they're literally fighting around objects in the case; Lifesavers, keys, an iPhone, etc. and using said objects against one another. The final battle between both characters takes place in Scott Lang's daughters' room on the Thomas the Train set (as seen in the recent trailer). As the battle rages on, we'll see both characters enlarge certain objects while they're still shrunk, accidentally making a giant ant and, eventually, Thomas the Train, which crashes out of the bedroom, crushing a car on the street. Crazy stuff and obviously making full use of the shrinking and enlarging that goes hand-in-hand with ANT-MAN's powers.

The Wasp:

Evangeline Lilly is playing Hope Van Dyne in the film, as we know, and our source indicates that she will indeed become The Wasp, but you will NOT see it happen in ANT-MAN.

JoBlo is also reporting Ant-Man will be in Civil War on Iron Man's side and will go giant sized in a big battle scene.

Besides the 8 episodes series of Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp Rudd's schedule is clear for this year.

Sounds awesome and

[BLACKOUT]I'm ok with Hope not getting to go fully Wasp in this movie as long as she gets to eventually in one of these movies[/BLACKOUT]

and it sounds like that's the case so I'm satisfied.

Im glad the new trailer already has more views than the last one, this one gives a better impression of the film while I think the first one might turn people off about the film.

SCOTT: So does the helmet let me control spiders too?

HANK: What? No, of course not. A spider-based superhero makes absolutely no sense.

Or, How about crabs for when I'm with your daughter?:hehe:

The train bit was GOLD!. I hope this doesn't flame out and people give it a fair shake. Assuming it's good of course. :)

The Wasp:

I am liking that a lot. We get to see that he'll likely be able to grow large. I Love that we might see him in Civil War too.

I am liking that a lot. We get to see that he'll likely be able to grow large. I Love that we might see him in Civil War too.

One of those articles had a little tid bit on The WASP as well

I'm just hoping Ant-Man isn't one and done

Hopefully Hank Pym will stick around as well

Pym vs Stark could be interesting

Ant Man looks great when he shrinks. Haha looking forward to those scenes.

The Wasp:

The fights sound fun and rad. And talk about fueling rumours of Thomas appearing in Civil War! :woot:

Edit...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi