The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent comic had Hank turn Thor's hammer into a giant sized version after Thor had thrown it. It was a pretty cool moment...

Paul Rudd Is Ant-Man - David Letterman >>
[YT]LbANgFgob-s[/YT]

Question, Im not a comic guy...so my exposure to Ant Man is purely based on what ive read here and the marvel wiki..albeit a brief encounter with the wiki page...anyways.....what else does his suit do? Can he enlarge himself? I read that when he shrinks he gains density which increases his strength....but how does it work if/when he gets bigger? TIA

His powers don't come from his suit. The size changing ability comes from a rare group of subatomic particles, which have become known as the "Pym Particles". Pym Particles can increase or decrease the size and mass of objects or living beings.

In the movies Pym Particles are in gaseous form which are inhaled.

Ant-Man can shrink to subatomic level entering other planes of existence such as the 'Microverse' or grow into Giant-Man to enter 'Overspace'.

Pym can also shrink and enlarge objects. Pym used to be a human Swiss army knife in the 80's West Coast Avengers comic series. Pym would carry a variety of shrunken objects in his pockets which he would enlarge when needed. It was cool because he would pull bazookas or machine guns or chainsaws out his pocket surprising his enemies.

"Overspace" makes me laugh for some reason.

Having just seen AoU, I have to echo the sentiments of some others that we may be headed for another TWS/GOTG situation here.

I'm getting excited lol. I just want this film to do well, so tired of people bashing Ant Man for the silliest reasons. The last trailer was amazing, I've watched it too many times already.

The way in which Scott breaks into Pym's vault shows he's a smart criminal who's been at it for awhile to perfect his craft. He basically put water into the vault's locking mechanism and then used liquid nitrogen to freeze it. The expansion of the freezing water against the non-expanding metal vault just pops the door off with ease.

First sign of Scott's thief gang buddies Luis, Kurt and Dave.

Wait. There's a clip already? Isn't a little early? Cool.

Letterman is retiring in May so I think this was Marvel getting one last shot to use his show before he leaves to promote Ant-Man.

Wait. There's a clip already? Isn't a little early? Cool.

How is it a little early? It's gonna be May next week and the movie is in July. 2 trailers and a clip, not early at all.

I love his crew. Pena is so underrated and T.I. Is perf for the role. This movies cast keeps Amazing me. Can't believe you get good actors for an ant-man movie

Awesome clip! I'm surprised comingsoon.net hasn't posted this bit of news yet. Weird.

"ice expands, metal doesn't"

LIESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! YOU SIT UPON A THRONE OF LIEEESSS!!!!

The footage 'looked' very AOS, meh.

On the other hand, the idea was sort of good.

First sign of Scott's thief gang buddies Luis, Kurt and Dave.

Yeah, up until now the trailers did nothing to dissuade us from the notion that Lang was a lone thief/burglar. This makes it seem pretty clear he's part of a crew.

Ant-Man trailer got the best reaction at the showing of Avengers I saw earlier, closely followed by Star Wars. Fantastic Four was silence.

I'm pretty sure I heard the tesseract theme in that clip, so that has to be place holder music no?

After watching the clip multiple times, I just love how Paul Rudd brings that kind of "normal everyman underdog" type of feel to the character by the way he acts and talks. It reminds me that this is the first time the titular hero is not a genius, God, or human with extraordinary abilities. I am so excited for this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"