The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Lord was rather ordinary.

I knew someone was going to say this haha but I don't really count him because of all the weapons and gadgets that he has and the fact that he has been off earth longer than he was on it.

Ant-Man trailer got the best reaction at the showing of Avengers I saw earlier, closely followed by Star Wars. Fantastic Four was silence.

They showed the FF trailer? Little to almost no reaction huh?

They showed the FF trailer? Little to almost no reaction huh?

They showed BvS, FF, Ant-Man and Star Wars. BvS didn't really get much reaction, FF was dead, Ant-Man got big laughs and lots of chatter. Was nice to see.

They showed BvS, FF, Ant-Man and Star Wars. BvS didn't really get much reaction, FF was dead, Ant-Man got big laughs and lots of chatter. Was nice to see.

What did you think of the film?

Not really since we don't know what his dad is.

True but in the movie besides being able to withstand holding a infinity gem stone and the vacuum of space he was presented as being rather ordinary in comparison to many other Marvel heroes. I'm not taking anything away from the character because he was great but so far he is being presented as a regular rogue who may have something special about him.

Last edited:
Paul Rudd Talks Marvel's 'Ant-Man'

Rudd mentions the reaction to the teaser, the movie's tone, getting into shape of the role, Ant-Man appearing in other Marvel films and Ant-Man fitting in the MCU.

[YT]/tKAbHfe1CDs[/YT]

He says he's talked with Marvel about future appearances. So this adds more fuel to the Civil War fire.

Kevin Feige said there were plans for Ant-Man post this film as well. Unless this film bombs hard I think we can all but guarantee Ant-Man film be back in a future Marvel film at some point.

The Marvel logo is a license to print money right now, it'll be fine.

I think a backlash against Marvel will come eventually. Anything successful usually has haters and there has been a vocal group of people wanting Ant-Man to fail since day one. Personally I think the movie will do fine at the box office. I think it might get mixed reviews from the critics but like Rudd said the film will probably surprise much of the general audience.

Much of the backlash was from people who were (somewhat understandably) mad that Ant-Man was getting a movie over other characters, some of whom are now confirmed for Phase 3 films, so I'm sure it's died down to a degree.

Hmm, there was that rumor of a Falcon cameo. Maybe it ties into Civil War?

Hmm, there was that rumor of a Falcon cameo. Maybe it ties into Civil War?

If there is a Falcon cameo, I'm thinking it's Sam Wilson coming to talk to Scott Lang about joining the Avengers.

There are still people moaning about the movie being made. You think at some point they would get over it and move on. If your not interested in seeing a movie that is fine but its already made now so I don't see the use in still complaining.

I never cared in what order we saw a character get a movie made as long as it happened. Anyone following the MCU knew Ant-Man has been planning on being made since as early as 2006 so I'm not sure why they world cry about it finally going into production.

There are still people moaning about the movie being made. You think at some point they would get over it and move on. If your not interested in seeing a movie that is fine but its already made now so I don't see the use in still complaining.

I never cared in what order we saw a character get a movie made as long as it happened. Anyone following the MCU knew Ant-Man has been planning on being made since as early as 2006 so I'm not sure why they world cry about it finally going into production.

What pisses me off is the people that feel they have to tear down Reed in order to build Edgar Wright up. That kind of fanboy crap I can't stand for.

If there is a Falcon cameo, I'm thinking it's Sam Wilson coming to talk to Scott Lang about joining the Avengers.

Leave it for Lang to ask why all the second tier Avengers are named after animals, like they're mascots or Pokemon.

What pisses me off is the people that feel they have to tear down Reed in order to build Edgar Wright up. That kind of fanboy crap I can't stand for.

Same. It's like these hardcore fans blame Reed for what happened between Marvel and Wright. These fans should be thankful that we have a guy like Reed on this project. Marvel Studios could have hired someone else who would have been a complete push over and did whatever the studio wanted. Instead, we have a director who has been in the film industry longer then Wright, a director who has a good relationship with Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios, a director managed to come into a difficult situation and found ways of making everything work, a director who already cast actors wanted to work with (Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly have all stated they wanted to work with Reed) and finally, a director who is also a massive Marvel comic book fan who has just as much passionate and excitement for Ant-Man as Wright does. Peyton Reed saved this film and judging by the footage we've seen so far, we are getting a great popcorn MCU comic book film this summer.

As far as I'm concerned, a fully seen Edgar Wright Ant-Man film should have been made years ago when it was first announced along side the first Iron Man film. At that time, Wright's Ant-Man could have help set up the MCU, much like how the first Iron Man, Thor and Captain America films did.

Oh, screw Joss Whedon for his recent comments on Edgar Wright and Ant-Man. The best screenplay Marvel ever had? Sure, that could be true, but it's not like Wright's script was thrown out. The structure and overall story are the same, except a few changes that Adam McKay (another Marvel comic fan) and Paul Rudd made. The rewritten screenplay that was used during filming could have been just as good as Wright's original, if not better.

I like how James Gunn approached the news about Edgar Wright and Marvel splitting ways over Ant-Man.

Gunn said last June:

Sometimes you have friends in a relationship. You love each of them dearly as individuals and think they’re amazing people. When they talk to you about their troubles, you do everything you can to support them, to keep them together, because if you love them both so much doesn’t it make sense they should love each other? But little by little you realize, at heart, they aren’t meant to be together – not because there’s anything wrong with either of them, but they just don’t have personalities that mesh in a comfortable way. They don’t make each other happy. Although it’s sad to see them split, when they do, you’re surprisingly relieved, and excited to see where their lives take them next.

It’s easy to try to make one party “right” and another party “wrong” when a breakup happens, but it often isn’t that simple. Or perhaps it’s even more simple than that – not everyone belongs in a relationship together. It doesn’t mean they’re not wonderful people.

And that’s true of both Edgar Wright and Marvel. One of them isn’t a person, but I think you get what I mean.

Sometimes you think two people or two parties will mix perfectly. Like it's meant to be. In this case, it's not true. IMO, Wright was coming from working with the same producers of his films and those producers pretty much agreed with Wright about everything he wanted to put on film. Wright is developing his new film called Baby Driver. I hope it's a good movie. Wright is a talented guy, but who is producing it with him? The same people who produced his previous films. Clearly Feige and the Marvel team believed in Wright's Ant-Man screenplay. Feige very much believed in Wright's Ant-Man story because the two were working on the film for nearly 10 years, but it seems the Marvel team wanted a slightly different approach to making the film at the end of the day.

As far as I see this whole Edgar Wright / Marvel Studios mess, Peyton Reed's upcoming Ant-Man is not some inferior version of Wright's vision. It's just stupid to think of the film as inferior. It's like wondering how Back to the Future would have been like if Michael J. Fox had not replaced Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly or if Michelle Pfeiffer would have been a better actress for Clarice Starling in The Silence of the Lambs or if Steven Spielberg would have given Interstellar an overall better direction. We can always wonder what could have been... but it wasn't meant to be.

Peyton Reed's Ant-Man film is the Ant-Man film we were always going to get and that's fine with me.

Last edited:
Leave it for Lang to ask why all the second tier Avengers are named after animals, like they're mascots or Pokemon.

I could see Lang him complaining that at least falcons, hawks and black widows have reputations for being deadly.

These are four mainstream outlet rumors on Ant-Man's role in Civil War so far

(1) Ant-Man springs Black Widow out of jail implying him on the Anti-Reg side

(2) General Ross visiting Pym to talk about a war they're in, implying him on the Pro-Reg side

(3) Ant-Man joins Iron Man and goes Giant implying him to be on the Pro-Reg side

(4) Falcon appearing in Ant-Man, implying to recruit him for Anti-Reg side

Usually that means some of the rumors are wrong, unless they mixed up the two Ant-Men.

Reed should have everyone's faith. He's good friends with feige and everyone knows feiges the mad scientist behind this all.

if you think about it every director marvels hired has one really good movie under their belt. Other then that they get filmmakers with the fire in their eyes but just hasn't broken out yet ala the Russos or whedon or gunn... Or them all.

And bring it on is a classic so F the haters

These are four mainstream outlet rumors on Ant-Man's role in Civil War so far

(1) Ant-Man springs Black Widow out of jail implying him on the Anti-Reg side

(2) General Ross visiting Pym to talk about a war they're in, implying him on the Pro-Reg side

(3) Ant-Man joins Iron Man and goes Giant implying him to be on the Pro-Reg side

(4) Falcon appearing in Ant-Man, implying to recruit him for Anti-Reg side

Usually that means some of the rumors are wrong, unless they mixed up the two Ant-Men.

2, 3 and 4 can actually be compatible. Falcon shows up to recruit Lang for the Avengers. Civil War opens with him as part of the team. The inciting incident happens and the Avengers are split, with some members going pro and others anti. Scott ends up siding with Stark on the pro side.

Peytons Ant Man will be the best version for him and Marvel. Im sure Edgars wouldve been fun too. We just gotta be happy (hopefully) with the film we're getting and let that stuff go at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"