The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wrote a long post that didnt get saved to here's the short version. Plus I'm at work. I really enjoyed the movie. Didn't no what to expect going in but was very pleased on the way out. I want to see it again before I try to rank it in the MCU. I'll clarify/add to the spoilers from the other page:

The movie opens with Hank Pym, Peggy Carter and Howard Stark discussing the potential dangers of the Ant-Man technology.

Micahel Douglas is digitally enhanced to look younger while Hayley Atwell is to look older in this scene.

Hank sets up Scott and his crew to steal the suit because Hank has been watching Scott for years knowing he may need his abilities to steal the yellow jacket suit one day.

Darren Cross is upset because Hank chose to montor him and then denied any knowledge about the Pym Particles or the suit and kept it away from Cross. Then he felt like he left him.

Hope is mad at Hank because he never told her the truth about what happend to her mom and Hank sent her to boarding school after she died.

Pym Tech is ran by Cross. Hank was voted out with Hope being the deciding vote.

Hank and Hope begin to train Scott on how to use the suit as well as communicate with the ants but Hope doesn't think Scott is necessary and wants to put on the suit and do it herself. Hank says no because of what happened to Janet.

After and argument and a chat from Scott, Hope goes inside the house where Hank explains what happened to Janet.

Hank and Janet Van Dyne operate as Ant-Man and the Wasp for SHIELD during the Cold War. During one mission, they need to prevent a nuclear warhead from hitting a populated area. Hank's suit is damaged, so Janet shrinks beyond the suit's capacity to defuse the bomb and disappears, believed to be dead. Hank believes the technology is too dangerous and seals it away.

Janet has been stuck in the microverse. Hank spent the next 10 years trying to find a way to get her back

Lang is forced to infiltrate the New Avengers' headquarters to retrieve an energy source developed by Stark Industries that they need to complete their heist on Pym Technologies, and comes across the Falcon. They fight, and Lang escapes with the device after disabling the Falcon's propulsion device. The Falcon then begins searching for Ant-Man.

Falcon lets it be known over radio that he does not want Cap to know he just got whooped on by a shrinking man.

Scott brings Michael Pena and his crew into the mix for the final heist. all goes well until Scott gets trapped in a small case and Cross reveals that he knew of their plan to steal the suit the whole time and is selling the tech to Hydra.

Before the mission, Hank gave Scott small discs that would allow an object to shrink or grow in size.

The mission was to steal the suit but also destroy any data about the tech as well as the building. Scott had ants place bombs everywhere. When the building blows up it gets sucked back up and disappears. Just like Malekiths bombs in TDW.

Hank gets shot by Cross and was stuck in the building with Hope. Hank was seen carrying a key chain with a little tank on it. It's not a key chain. Hank and Hope fly out on the top floor in a tank.

Scott and Cross start their fight in a helicopter then get trapped in a falling briefcase. Pretty cool to see them fight in there.

The brifecase lands in a families backyard and they both grow to normal size leaving the family terrified. The fight continues with Cross eventually getting zapped in the bug zapper and Scott getting arrested again by is ex wife's fiance.

the final battle takes place in the daughters bedroom.

In the final battle, Lang is also forced to shrink beyond the suit's capacity and ends up in the Microverse, but manages to return. It's implied Janet is lost there after the accident in the 1980's.

While in the microverse it's almost like being in Gargantua in Interstellar.

Cross dies after Lang damages the Yellowjacket's Pym Particles supply, causing Cross body to shrink and expand in gruesome ways. Lang also accidentally creates a giant-sized ant that becomes Cassie's pet.

Thamas The Train grows in size and destroys the daughters bedroom wall.

Scott and Hope get caught kissing by Hank.

While eating dinner with his fanily, Scott gets a call from "work" (Pena). he goes into a story about how this guy is looking for him. The guy being Falcon. Just like the spoiler from a few pages ago.

At one point, the Falcon visits one of his contacts that is monitoring superhero activity. She mentions reports of a man who can climb walls and swing through buildings, but no word on a shrinking man.

Movie does not end with Falcon finding Ant-Man

Mid-credits scene is Pym giving Hope a modified version of the Wasp suit.

After-credits scene is Captain America and Falcon finding a beat-up War Machine being held captive in a fortified base. After Captain America declines to calling Iron Man for help, Falcon decides to call Ant-Man.

All this is true except it is not War Machine who is being held captive, it's Bucky

Thank you so much for this!
Oh my gosh that sounds amazing!
THAT AFTER CREDIT SCENE I'm so excited :ilv:

Actually studies have shown that spoilers actually increase your enjoyment of something

I read that in a cracked article but I don't know if I buy it. At least not for me.
I love going into movies completely unaware of what I'm about to see so that every twist and turn surprises me.

I don't see it having the same touch of magic that made Guardians work so spectacularly. But maybe that's just me being negative.
I think it will be successful, and I think there's a good chance I'd like it, but it won't catch fire like Guardians did.

Maybe once Ant-Man finally comes out, some people will stop being so worried and negative about the prospect of left-field and newer conceptual movies, like Ant-Man. Just get with it people, if you hadn't already by now, Marvel are steam rolling it..

I read that in a cracked article but I don't know if I buy it. At least not for me.
I love going into movies completely unaware of what I'm about to see so that every twist and turn surprises me.

I love Cracked and one of the reasons is that even though they are a comedy website they are one of the best researched sites on the net. Here is a link to a Guardian article from the original study

http://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2011/aug/17/spoilers-enhance-enjoyment-psychologists

so this movie is 1 hour and 55 minutes long?? is that the shortest marvel movie?

I feel its gonna suck. Movie is way too short.:o

I love spoilers and will read a complete synopsis of a movie before going to see it. I don't know why, but I have to know what's going to happen before I go see. (It's the same with books. I'll read the last chapter of a book first.)

And it looks like the shortest. According to IMBD the shortest before Ant-Man(at least of the MCU movies I'm not counting the movies like Blade etc) is Thor at 115 minutes. Actually that means Ant-Man ties with Thor in running time. But is 3 minutes longer than Thor: The Dark World and The Incredible Hulk http://www.imdb.com/list/ls059008122/

I like going into a film knowing most of the plot because then I don't have to think about piecing the different story threads and can enjoy the action and visuals.

I like going into a film knowing most of the plot because then I don't have to think about piecing the different story threads and can enjoy the action and visuals.

That's a good point. A positive way of looking at it.

i keep thinking about that study to justify me looking at spoilers but I've always enjoyed going to a movie cold turkey instead of knowing all the cool surprises.

Honestly I don't even remember the spoilers until I see them during the film and then I'm all "Oh it's that one scene!" and it makes me even more excited to see it in all it's glory. I do love spoilers but in general they are pretty vague. I do draw the line at watching crappy bootleg pirated ones before the film though. It just doesn't do the film justice

Anyone know when the Score hits stores?

Theaters need to install a remote so I can rewind when I need to.

Hopefully Ant Man has new Paul Rudd Gifs to share.

From this video interview with Peyton Reed, it seems that Edgar Wright really did want to make Ant-Man separate from the MCU. Adam McKay pitched a great MCU tie in with an Avenger that I'm thinking is going to become a fan favourite scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi5cPkSJbnw#action=share

Also, I'm loving the love for Ant-Man! These reactions are great! If the film really is fantastic, it proves that this film did not need Edgar Wright at the helm.

From this video interview with Peyton Reed, it seems that Edgar Wright really did want to make Ant-Man separate from the MCU. Adam McKay pitched a great MCU tie in with an Avenger that I'm thinking is going to become a fan favourite scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi5cPkSJbnw#action=share

Also, I'm loving the love for Ant-Man! These reactions are great! If the film really is fantastic, it proves that this film did not need Edgar Wright at the helm.

I really wish I didn't know about that spoiler...gahhh would have been awesome to have that unfold in front of me without any prior knowledge

I know this movie wouldn't sway too far from the MCU, but after seeing the spoilers I see it's got more in it than I thought.

The buzz surrounding this movie is more positive than I would have expected. Glad everything is turning out as well as it is.

It's just shy of two hours? **** you, Peyton Reed! All Marvel films are 3 hours minimum. I'm boycotting. :cmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"