The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
4391985_700b.jpg

I haven't seen you give a proposed cost/way to make everyone happy, Rdmaul :jedi

I haven't seen you give a proposed cost/way to make everyone happy, Rdmaul :jedi

I dont need to Jonny, Cause to be quite honest I dont care if you get one or not. I know that sounds bad BUT it seems like all you guys wanna talk about it fair and every body getting one.

In my opinion these should be limited to create high demand and higher prices for my friend. The less there are the more I feel like I bought something of worth. Its the same thing with the limited poster stuff Mondo sells. If you can buy a poster that there are 1000's of I dont feel its special BUT if I buy a poster there are 50 of I feel like I have a piece to cherish.

I like jonnys ebay idea also, with the buy it now. If inferior masks are being sold at $350 another couple hundred on top for a mask that is waaay more screen accurate is not a bad idea.

I joined this forum BECAUSE of this mask, I want one plain and simple. I would never sell it, just like I will never sell my Dullam Begins cowl or my coofunkcurly TDK cowl. I'm saving my pennies but if it's over $900-1K it will alienate a lot of people and actually make the possibilities of recasting higher IMO.

I dont need to Jonny, Cause to be quite honest I dont care if you get one or not. I know that sounds bad BUT it seems like all you guys wanna talk about it fair and every body getting one.

In my opinion these should be limited to create high demand and higher prices for my friend. The less there are the more I feel like I bought something of worth. Its the same thing with the limited poster stuff Mondo sells. If you can buy a poster that there are 1000's of I dont feel its special BUT if I buy a poster there are 50 of I feel like I have a piece to cherish.

Cos you're getting your one anyway, right? ;)

Then let it be a bidding war...I just feel that some members on here would pay a damn good price for this mask...people who really do want it cos they love Bane, etc, and will never sell it...who will miss out cos someone with more money can buy it now and sell it later.

edit - the only reason I came up with the ideas is cos AZ was bothered about it. Otherwise, he wouldn't have asked us.

Last edited:
Cos you're getting your one anyway, right? ;)

Then let it be a bidding war...I just feel that many members on here who would pay a good price for this mask...people who really do want it cos they love Bane, etc...who will miss out cos someone with more money can buy it now and sell it later.

Exactly But See the difference in me and the
members on here who would pay a good price for this mask
is once Halloween is over I will still be wearing this costume alot.

There are too many people on here who just want one for Halloween and they will sell it after Halloween and that's what Todd is trying to cut out.

How has this evolved into pricing it over a grand and saying we should have a bidding war? Let the guy do what he wants. You aren't even answering his question anymore with "What is it worth? Not what you would pay but it's actual worth". Now you're just doing exactly what he said not to do which is saying what you would pay maximum based on what everyone else says to try and ensure getting one for yourself. Chilllll outttt

At the end of the day people will do what they like with what they buy. Like I said, making it cost more doesn't mean it won't be sold on. AZ has to choose what he sees more important - selling for big $ or selling for fair $ to people who won't sell it on - that's not what I want per say, its what he is bothered by.

Just cos someone pays more does not mean they won't sell it on. If that Roids mask can go on for $1000 lol..then AZs could easily go on eBay for $2000.

If the MAIN problem is ''who will keep it and not sell it?'' rather than purely price..then a list of some sort should be made of people who are believed to want this for more than just Halloween. Messy idea, but asking a forum what they would pay for something is messy.

How has this evolved into pricing it over a grand and saying we should have a bidding war?

It was sarcasm lol.

So if you spent $1000/5=$200
$200+16hrs(2 work days(your 48 hrs)x~$10/hr = $360

$360 sound too low? then do $400

after 5 items, it's all profit

He's on the right track with this, although I agree off with the actual numbers

This is false. In order to do 5 more masks the materials would have to be ordered for those masks. You just calculated time, not time and cost. Also I have a design degree and in this day and age would never take a job for $10 an hour. Sorry

@ Bread Warrior, Im sorry, but the price between me and the person that commission the mask is confidential. It is only for him and myself to know. Sorry.
-Todd

MC as Material Cost (strictly that become the copy)

MC + ($X/hr * (num actual working hours)) + desired extra profit per mask (lets say $150 per so that 7 will surpass loss from initial material cost

you're the only one that knows the actual MC for a copy, technically your $/hr charge is your profit and anything extra is just a "Fee" tacked on.

let's say you're time is worth 25/hr and you spend 16 (working) hours in that 48 hour period to make 1 mask = $400 + MC would be what you should ideally charge. If you want to add $100, $150, etc on top of that, so be it, but I don't personally really agree with those fees being added in that way.

as a programmer when I write an application for a client, I say it will take me X hours to complete and multiply that by my charge per hr. I don't add an extra cost for hundred or so hours I spent initially learning whatever language I'm using. If someone had specifically commissioned you to make that mask for them, sure you could charge them at least 75% of the cost + time which you could easily make back creating copies. Since you did it yourself, that cost is pretty much on you.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass or say you should sell your mask cheap, you asked for opinions and I wanted to give my perspective.

determine the value of your time per working hour on a mask, and add the material cost. The profit will be there once you sell 5-6 masks if you value your time properly.
if 25/hr is reasonable for this kind area of work, and my guess on material cost is close ($150), $550-600 would be a reasonable price...out of my price range but that's my 2 cents

hope that helped a little

I here you about the many people only wanting one for halloween, however i just hope that all this aguing over price still gives the few of us who want one of these beauties beyond only halloween the chance of obtaining one.

I think its worth a solid $500-600 from what iv seen so far.

Inflation cos only so many are made...nah

Inflation cos someone else who buys it might sell it...nah

Definitely not the most screen accurate by any means, but Hot Topic is selling this jacket, similar to the black bomber jacket Bane wears. Might be an option for those on a tight budget.

There are too many people on here who just want one for Halloween and they will sell it after Halloween and that's what Todd is trying to cut out.

you can't really stop that if someone thinks they can con someone else to pay more than they did. Plus, I've seen postings on ebay that are absolutely ******ed (some things even higher than retail stores sell the same item) and some buyers are just as dumb. They don't research things and just buy what they see on ebay expecting it to be cheaper than anywhere else.

As Jonny mentioned he might be able to get near a grand for 1 or 2. He'd sell far more at $600. I see that being a huge risk for someone to buy just to hope to capitalize on. His idea of having the masks up on ebay at whatever his price was, only producing more when his stock went low(1-2) would keep others from posting the same mask for higher.

there's a guy on ebay that does army of 2 airsoft masks/helmets in a similar manner, basically having each mask made-2-order with a few ready to go

personally, I wouldn't even buy the gcfx $200 mask just for a halloween costume and never touch it again. If I spend more than $50 on a costume I intend to keep it, lol

Last edited:
well i would be lying to everyone if i said i wouldnt be bane for halloween, thats a for sure will happen.
but what caused me to start this project during the sumer wasnt because of halloween but i do get what rdmaul is saying about the whole some people just wanting the mask for halloween, if that was the case they should really just get a jbrown mask. in fact i have a 400 dollar chewbacca costume and i have never worn that for halloween, and i dont really know why.
but AZ product is for sure something i would wear for special occasions and when not wearing it, it would be placed in a shadow box for those to drool over.

BAHAHA johnny i like you, you are a pretty cool guy cause i like lost too! and i like hurley because of all his refrences in the tv show, example star wars! haha

I like how everyone who agrees with me can't spell Jonny :funny:

Lost :hrt:!

Doing my eBay idea on a smaller production scale would eliminate the selling on problem..and be made-2-order, so no waste or people backing out.

oh damn my bad! i always have just spelt it that way!
henceforth you should be known as JONNY

There is no way Todd can stop people from selling his mask at a later date.i mentioned before about copyrighting the design, but I very much doubt that is possible.

Sorry to disappoint Rdmaul and Todd, but if you sell it on, and you haven't got the "copyrights" there is little you can do.

Yeah you can pick the people you want to have your mask but that doesn't mean it won't be re-sold.

If I'm honest I don't see why it would upset me if someone bought my mask (todds mask) and only wanted to use it for Halloween. If the person paid big money for it and I was happy to accept the money they were offering, I wouldnt care if they wore it once, put it in a case to show off or wore it everyday 24/7.

If the GCFX masks are going $300 painted (I've heard the molds have been modified so the pipes are now more accurate), and others going in the $200-300 range, I would gladly pay $450-500 for a painted version of AZ's mask.

First off, amazing mask Todd. I cannot wait until I see the finished product.

From what I have been reading, the fear is that people will buy this mask, wear it for Halloween, then sell it to make a profit. Wouldn't demand for these masks go down after Halloween, making it more difficult to sell them at ridiculous costs?

Perhaps, but there are always things like Comic-Con and fancydress parties..and next Halloween. People still dress as Joker, for example. But the overall demand would be highest for this Halloween.

And my college hosts a zombie apocaplyse 5k obstacle course think it will be cool to show up as bane! Ha

Or get this go to one of those lare games (think that is how you spell it) like in role models were they dressed as kiss. But you get a huge group of people and dress as all the dark knight characters! Sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"