• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll definitely have to check it out. It's kind of shocking they said it to him that way.

Well that's the way he remembers it anyway Burton is great with visuals but never has been good at explaining things. Sometimes he seems a little scatterbrained.

this is my favorite christmas movie of all time!

i watch it every year

I'll definitely have to check it out. It's kind of shocking they said it to him that way.

It isnt really that shocking to me since the movie caused so much heat for its darkness to the point they had special TV shows going against it and merchandisers turning away and complaining about the material they were given. Burton isnt a superhero-comes-from-the-skye-with-floating-cape-saving-the-day type of a guy, so its not surprising they wanted someone else to turn Batman into this colorful and much , much more conventional superhero movie

I doubt Burton could have kept his interest so high anyway... Probably a good thing he went when he did.

We got Burton at his peak, playing with the most suitable characters for his vision.

Scarecrow might have been fun... but hey!

Also it would been interesting Burton's take on Scarecrow & Two-Face. I believe Catwoman would have returned after she was shown looking the Bat-signal.

aren't there concept drawing of his for the 3rd movie he didn't make
i recall somewhere

They didnt. Pre Production is when you go to concept art and designs, first the movie has to be greenlit and director set in place. Burton only said that he had some interesting ideas, but never said anything else. WB right off the bat didnt want another dark Batman. Its a pity not only because of where the story could go, but also most likely Stan Winston would return to design, and I wouldve loved to see his Two Face designed by him from Tim's sketches

Yeah I thought not... Oh well, like I said, we still have two stunning Burton Batman movies when the guy was at his peak. :up:

Batman III or Catwoman would have been cool though.

I remember hearing that the BF suit was originally being tailored for Keaton then they had change the mold for Kilmer. To this day I always wished I coulda saw what Michael woulda lOoked like in that suit.

I remember hearing that the BF suit was originally being tailored for Keaton then they had change the mold for Kilmer. To this day I always wished I coulda saw what Michael woulda lOoked like in that suit.

It was. There was a pic of the panther cowl being sculpted on Keatons lifecast.

Also it would been interesting Burton's take on Scarecrow & Two-Face. I believe Catwoman would have returned after she was shown looking the Bat-signal.

Burton and Scarecrow would have been amazing......I can try to explain it but I can't, but it would different and awesome...

After the complete underwhelming effect of (what could be) the Nolan/Hathaway Catwoman... I just thought i'd bask in the awesomeness of the Burton/Pfeiffer Catwoman.

You can argue about her characterization... but the visual was stunning.

1773-catwoman_400.jpg

Pfieffer definitely had the best suit. I liked Burton's addition with the sewn seams and his little reason behind it. He calls it making the symbolic the literal. He's no Kubrick, his movies aren't that kind of deep but his thought process is always pure. Bless his cotton socks.

There was nothing wrong with Returns really. Penguin's mouth with black stuff maybe turned off some people but they should've let him Batman 3. I think Two-Face was the main villain especailly Burton was perfect guy to explore Dent.

The only thing I remember were parents being upset by Penguins plan to kill kids. If I'm not mistaken I think they even made a big deal about them releasing toys in the Mcdonalds kids meals saying the movie was to dark to be marketed towards kids.

The only thing I remember were parents being upset by Penguins plan to kill kids. If I'm not mistaken I think they even made a big deal about them releasing toys in the Mcdonalds kids meals saying the movie was to dark to be marketed towards kids.

McDonalds actually pulled the marketing.

It's unusual... My mother didnt want me seeing the first Batman (1989) because she heard it was too dark. i was just about to turn 12 when it was released. Cut to 3 years later, and she had no issue with me seeing Batman Returns. In fact, I don't recall her complaining about it at all. Bear in mind, my mother was a nazi about me seeing mature films up until I was 16-17. She had to watch Terminator 2 before she let me see it. And Braveheart. I know there were others... :cwink:

After the complete underwhelming effect of (what could be) the Nolan/Hathaway Catwoman... I just thought i'd bask in the awesomeness of the Burton/Pfeiffer Catwoman.

You can argue about her characterization... but the visual was stunning.

1773-catwoman_400.jpg

Pfeiffer is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned. The best that anyone can ever do is HOPE to match her.

I am beyond disappointed by the "first reveal" of Hathaway's Catwoman.

Burton and Scarecrow would have been amazing......I can try to explain it but I can't, but it would different and awesome...

It would have been a million times better than that watered down characterization we got in Begins.

Pfeiffer is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned. The best that anyone can ever do is HOPE to match her.

I am beyond disappointed by the "first reveal" of Hathaway's Catwoman.

I honestly dont think the Nolan "Catwoman" will hold a candle to Pfeiffer.

Wayne standing up for the Batsignal will always stand out more than any single shot of Batman in all the other movies.

Has anyone read the novelization of the film by Craig Shaw Gardner?

He described that moment with the signal shining through Wayne Manor... and as Bruce rises he added ''He smiles.''

:dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"