Batman Returns The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 4

Reason #2, that shot of Vincent Shovel-roni going "AHHHHH" when he shoots that Christmas tree.

Last edited:
YIz5PFZ.jpg

The same people dissing Batman Returns will do the same thing about the nolan trilogy, especially the dark knight, as soon as they have seen Batman V Superman. Because it's impossible to love different takes on the character you know.

The same people dissing Batman Returns will do the same thing about the nolan trilogy, especially the dark knight, as soon as they have seen Batman V Superman. Because it's impossible to love different takes on the character you know.

You're right about that.

Then when Batman gets rebooted after that the same fate will play out with Affleck's Batman. It's the circle of cynical entitlement that keeps fanboys thriving.

I'm glad people aren't blind to that stupidity, at least.

New shots of Neca's 18'' Penguin at New York Toy Fair

Last edited:
correct me if I am wrong but wasn't most if not ALL of Returns shot in sound stages just as Burton would do later on in Sleepy Hollow?

Re-watched this for the first time on BD, it really is a gorgeous looking movie, especially on the BD format. I still can't quite work out which movie I prefer out of this and the first movie. Both have many good or bad points. B89 is certainly more faithful, but I just love these versions of Penguin and Catwoman, especially the latters relationship with Batman/Bruce. I prefer the action in the sequel also.

Yeah, on BluRay, this movie looks amazing.

It's wonderful on Blu-Ray. :up:

Plus, they are showing Returns at one of my local cinemas this Friday night. I can't believe I'm finally going to see this film on the BIG SCREEN after all these years. :woot:

Totally agree with you guys, Burtons movies always look great anyway, but on BD this movie just looked sublime.

Saw the movie on the big screen for the first time ever last night, with a pretty substantial crowd.

An amazing experience... It was like seeing a whole new movie. :hrt:

That's cool Pfeiffer-Phan. I know what you mean, I had that experience seeing Ghostbusters on the big screen for the first time last year, you can just get lost and immersed in the movie in a way you never did before. Haven't seen Returns on the big screen since I was five, but I'd love to check it out again. Batman 89 on the big screen is still on my bucket list.

I always see random theaters do B89, BTTF, Indiana Jones, the OT Star Wars, etc.

Never seen one do BR, though. Pretty cool.

Aww that bottom one is so cute... :woot:

Last edited:
Especially because they look like a you Keaton and Pfeiffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"