Batman Returns The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 4

Damn I love the returns suit. B'89 and Returns suits were by far my favorite until the BvS suit arrived but they are still on my top list!

I'm not the biggest Burton fan, and I was sure as bad place not a fan of his Batman. But I bought both blurays at a bargain and watched them back to back, it was a complete different experience this time. I finally see and felt what so many feel about these films. I don't know how else to put it, but better late than never.

Michelle Pfeiffer would be my oscar winner for her role.

I grew up watching B89 and BR over and over. They'd have to be my most watched movies just from those years alone.

They're definitely amongst mine, high up on the list. Along with the Reeve Superman's, Star Wars OT, BTTF, T1/2 etc.

Same for me, I absolutely destroyed my Returns VHS rewarching it so many times.

. Here's some art I stumbled across

art.batman.returns.jpg

251562-12107261-Batman_Returns_Comp_jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest Burton fan, and I was sure as bad place not a fan of his Batman. But I bought both blurays at a bargain and watched them back to back, it was a complete different experience this time. I finally see and felt what so many feel about these films. I don't know how else to put it, but better late than never.

giphy.gif

2vii49i.gif

For Keatons sake, I hope so! Just kidding, she was amazing in this movie though.

They dated for about a year in the late 80s.

She should have an oscar.

tumblr_m2jrjxDTtt1rnw80to7_r1_250.gif

Also, is it true that Keaton and her had an affair?

They didn't have an affair haha... they simply dated briefly back in 88/89 after her divorce from Peter Horton.

Last edited:
No wonder they had so much chemistry in the film.

Even though she wasn't a regular version of Catwoman, I still liked her in the role. I think she deserved a big award for her performance, I loved it. :up:

Here's a really well done piece of art.

batman_returns___catwoman_by_gabrielmp92-d5w77ui.jpg

Isnt it weird now knowing what we know about how kooky and eccentric Christopher Walken plays his characters because his Max Shreck seems the most normal and restrained in this movie.

Just re-watched this, my appreciation for this movie grows with each viewing. Im in love with it. I am now very fond of the things I used to hate about this movie: Penguin, Catwoman origin, production design, pacing, Penguin's plot, etc.

Just re-watched this, my appreciation for this movie grows with each viewing. Im in love with it. I am now very fond of the things I used to hate about this movie: Penguin, Catwoman origin, production design, pacing, Penguin's plot, etc.
I know what you mean, I was 16 when it first came out and didn't really put much focus on the technical side of movie making all I wanted to see was a Summer action movie and left the theater a tad disappointed that I almost gave up on Batman comics, .....that is of course until Batman Forever.

The production design for the movie is one of the best parts, I love the gothic scenery. :up:

Isnt it weird now knowing what we know about how kooky and eccentric Christopher Walken plays his characters because his Max Shreck seems the most normal and restrained in this movie.

He’s pretty tame in this movie, when I figured out he was going to be in the movie, I was expecting another usual Walken shtick. I actually liked his performance for what it was though.

Danny's acting always kills me. The music -- Elfman. The story. Such great writing. Michelle and Mike, everyone was in the their element. It was and still is a great sequel. Burton portrays darkness as poetry. I find new things to love about it every time I watch.

I'm sorry... but this is still the best looking BATMAN movie of all time. The cinematography is absoultely gorgeous.

Pfister pulled off some stunning things during The Dark Knight Trilogy, but nothing has topped Batman Returns for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"