Batman Returns The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 4

I just... for the first time zoomed in on baby Oswald... and it's ****in terrifying.

4Y46ScQ.png

Ugh. I hate that scene. Now this I can understand audiences not caring for.

It's so twisted that Max compares himself to the Nazis, I think Walken knew the line was over the top and had fun delivering it, "We need a Gulf of Tonkin incident ... or a Reichstag fire."

I think it would have looked pretty much like Schumacher’s… that was the one thing that Joel (well the production team) felt inspired to create basing off of Burton. Heck, the doctor was even named Burton.

I agree that Schumacher's Arkham (at least in Forever) looks very much akin to what we'd imagine Burton would have done with it. But I think in actuality his Arkham would have looked a little less cartoonish. At the very least I think it would have been lit differently. I can't imagine those brightly lit walls being in Burton's Arkham.

I honestly love that a film with this line had Happy Meal toys :funny: f***king amazing, if you ask me
Honestly, it was only in the last two or three watches that I first even picked up on that line! I couldn't believe it when I heard it. I was like wtf?! :lmao:

Honestly, it was only in the last two or three watches that I first even picked up on that line! I couldn't believe it when I heard it. I was like wtf?! :lmao:
‘I’d like to fill her void’ is another one. So ridiculous. Hahaha

I'm assuming it's going to be his version that they're writing towards, if that's the case.

WB/DC really leaning into the Burton movies now... nice to see.
It's the nostalgia machine at work, same as with The Force Awakens, Jurassic World, Halloween 2018, and Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Now that WB has found a way to tap into the Burton films to appeal to those who grew up with them 30 years ago between The Flash and the Batman 89 comic, they're all in.

It's the nostalgia machine at work, same as with The Force Awakens, Jurassic World, Halloween 2018, and Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Now that WB has found a way to tap into the Burton films to appeal to those who grew up with them 30 years ago between The Flash and the Batman 89 comic, they're all in.

Yeah... same thing with Batman '66 a few years back. It won't last, but nice to see the movies get their due again.

Excited to collect the Batman 89 comic in trade.

WB/DC really leaning into the Burton movies now... nice to see.
Now I am just patiently awaiting a third Batman/Batman Beyond movie directed by Tim Burton and starring Michael Keaton

With everything Burton/Keaton Batman related stuff we have been getting lately, it just seems to be leading up to this

Now I am just patiently awaiting a third Batman/Batman Beyond movie directed by Tim Burton and starring Michael Keaton

With everything Burton/Keaton Batman related stuff we have been getting lately, it just seems to be leading up to this

That’d be great, but it really depends on how Flashpoint shakes out. Keaton might be mentoring Batgirl in the DCEU instead.

Though, at this point, I’d hope that Flashpoint reveals the DC Multiverse with peeks at the Burton-verse, and other DC properties—maybe the CW? Or a glimpse at Pattinson’s Batman. It’d be cool to see Lynda Carter dressed as Wonder Woman like in “Infinite Crisis.”

The Flash’s actions result in the creation New Earth, course correcting the DCEU with the current cast including Cavill and Affleck. Think The Suicide Squad. A quasi-reboot/quasi-sequel approach to the characters:

Ben Affleck appears in Batgirl.
Henry Cavill appears in Supergirl.
Jason Momoa stars in Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom which does its own thing but is set on New Earth.
Gal Gadot stars in Wonder Woman III, set in present day New Earth with little-to-no reference to previous adventures (like WW84, this could be largely standalone with the exception of Amazon characters carryover).

Plus you have Zachary Levi in Shazam! Fury of the Gods and Dwayne Johnson plus all the JSA actors in Black Adam, plus The Suicide Squad characters—all which could easily take place on New Earth.

But the multiverse still exists, so Flashpoint can be a back door pilot for Burton to return for Batman Beyond, an adaptation of the show but a long-awaited third Burton/Keaton film.

Yeah, I’m sure Keaton would be down for it but I don’t think Burton would even consider directing it after what happened with Returns and Superman Lives.

I think Burton's apathy towards Batman is starting to become significantly overstated by fandom tbh.

I think Burton's apathy towards Batman is starting to become significantly overstated by fandom tbh.
Judging from his filmography over the past decade or so, Burton seems apathetic towards everything he does now. No need for him to revisit Batman if his heart isn’t in it.

Yeah Burton-produced would be fine by me. Hire Denis Villeneuve to direct. Maybe Dune II doesn’t happen until after Batman Beyond if at all.

Judging from his filmography over the past decade or so, Burton seems apathetic towards everything he does now. No need for him to revisit Batman if his heart isn’t in it.
If Flash makes money, maaaybe he change his mind? We can dream :D
Seriously, a Keaton Batman Beyond movie would be a gold mine for WB since a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"