Batman Returns The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 4

I need that but as a vinyl poster for my media room.

So I finally got a proper 4K tv set up last weekend and watching the Batman Returns on it (and the other 3 movies from the 4K set) was one hell of an experience. So glad these movies have a 16:9 aspect ratio.

So I finally got a proper 4K tv set up last weekend and watching the Batman Returns on it (and the other 3 movies from the 4K set) was one hell of an experience. So glad these movies have a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Welcome to the new world.

Especially seeing it on a 85 inch tv with the proper film mode this time, it's incredible.

catwoman_dc-comics_gallery_5fe123e31ba47.jpg
catwoman_dc-comics_feature.jpg

This movie is something else in 4K. It has the best cinematography out of the four, in my opinion.

I think its one of the best looking movies ever made. It has also managed to be completely timeless and holds up amazingly IMO. The look of Burtons gotham during winter with the christmas decorations and keaton/pfeiffer slinking around in their iconic costumes is perfection.

Returns is my favourite batman movie, I really hope we get some sort of batman beyond movie one day with keaton returning.

They fixed both the wobbling gravestone and the scene right at the end where Bruce takes of the mask and there’s a shot without the eye makeup on the Ultimate Edition. It’s the same shot but they’ve digitally blackened his eyes. It’s perfect now because in-universe that isn’t meant to be eye makeup, it’s just the mask. In The Batman 2022 it’s makeup in-universe.

Just sitting down my favourite Batman movie to watch at Christmas. It's always been beautifully shot but the 4K experience really is excellent.

This was like my favorite movie growing up as a kid. Man, in retrospect, its crazy how WB let Burton just go nutty with this film. There's a lot about this movie that is NOT for kids and yet...kids like me loved it haha. Something about Burton's aesthetic was just appealing to me and I immediately felt the difference when Batman Forever came out even if at the time I didnt really understand the notion of different directors and all that.

Batman Returns remains my favourite christmas movie and my favourite batman movie ever. I watch it every year on christmas eve ever since I was about 5 years old lol. There is so much to love about this movie and it is just so much fun to watch. The visuals, the performances, the costumes, the effects, the horror elements, the camp whackiness, all of it is perfection to me.

Merry christmas everyone!

upload_2021-12-25_19-32-30.gif

This was like my favorite movie growing up as a kid. Man, in retrospect, its crazy how WB let Burton just go nutty with this film. There's a lot about this movie that is NOT for kids and yet...kids like me loved it haha.

I think most of the unfitting stuff goes over most kids' head so it's not that inappropriate for them.

I remember watching it at 9 I was pretty shocked, but liking it, at the Selina tearing up her apartment scene.

Batman Returns remains my favourite christmas movie and my favourite batman movie ever. I watch it every year on christmas eve ever since I was about 5 years old lol. There is so much to love about this movie and it is just so much fun to watch. The visuals, the performances, the costumes, the effects, the horror elements, the camp whackiness, all of it is perfection to me.

Merry christmas everyone!

View attachment 51809
Agreed, absolutely awesome Xmas film. Will never get old.

Something about Burton's aesthetic was just appealing to me and I immediately felt the difference when Batman Forever came out even if at the time I didnt really understand the notion of different directors and all that.

I watched BF before BR and then watching BR I remember thinking Batman sure is different without Robin.

Agreed, absolutely awesome Xmas film. Will never get old.

Yes, it has become a Tradition for me to watch it the night before.
I also watch it over the course of the year too, but during the christmas time, the movie feels even more christmasy to me.

But also the Tradition of me wishing every year that they hire Burton to Do a third movie, comes as christmas goes.
Im itching so much for what could be.

I also watch it over the course of the year too, but during the christmas time, the movie feels even more christmasy to me.

But also the Tradition of me wishing every year that they hire Burton to Do a third movie, comes as christmas goes.
All kinds of things are happening these days so who knows! I would have loved to see what a third film in that line could have been like. At least either way we still get to to enjoy the unique appeal of BR every Xmas. :cwink:

I’m hoping the upcoming batgirl movie serves as a semi epilogue to batman/batman returns. I really feel like that’s the angle they are gonna go with and we are going to get some great keaton moments even if he’s more in the background this time. I can’t see keaton signing on unless he has a decent sized role, and I’m hoping we get some sort of closure to his character after the first 2 movies,

Of course I wish every day we could have Burton back for a proper Batman 3 but if this is the closest we can get, I’m very happy with it. Brendan fraser as the villain makes me extremely happy and excited too

How would you have had the Penguin know about or find out about the schematics to the Batmobile?

It’s perfect now because in-universe that isn’t meant to be eye makeup, it’s just the mask. In The Batman 2022 it’s makeup in-universe.

I thought everyone knew this already, but I guess I was wrong. I see so many comments on The Batman saying “Finally, they address the eye makeup!”. Within the universe of the films it’s not eye makeup. We’re not meant to think that Keaton or Bale sit in front of a mirror and apply eye makeup before putting on the suit. It’s simply a theatrical effect for us as the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"