The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually liked this episode... it was entertaining in a sci-fi B movie kind of way.

BROWN: Always check your money first, honey. Check your shoes for what the cow left, and check your money. Two solid rules.

tumblr_n4mce3BpjM1rrkahjo7_250.gif

Loved redesign Pengy. Dapper gentleman is waaaay better than bird man freak look.

For sure. They were forced to use the ugly DeVito Penguin look in the first place in BTAS anyways.

We have been blessed with having so many great Alfreds over the years. He was a highlight too :(

:( Such a brilliant voice for Alfred. RIP.

I was just watching Starcrossed the other day and realizing how much I missed him in the role of Alfred. His speech to Hawkgirl at the end was truly beautiful.

It doesn't matter about age... when people lose a loved one, it's always tragic news. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. He truly seemed like a wonderful and kind man.

R.I.P. Efrem Zimbalist Jr. :csad:

[YT]VixIzWIhGf8[/YT]

What were your favorite scenes of Mr. Zimbalist Jr. as Alfred?

The Justice League scene I was talking about earlier:

[YT]VX8W4lZaXUw[/YT]

Next to Gough & Caine Zimbalist Jr. has been best Alfred.

R.I.P Efrem Zimbalist Jr. :(

His lines in MOTP always win...

What rot, sir! Why you're the very model of sanity. Oh by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls.

I diapered your bottom; I bloody well ought to, *sir*!

The New Batman Adventures Episode: Old Wounds

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/84668346429/old-wounds-the-new-batman-adventures

S9nnSLN.gif
TWCoN4a.gif

Y0ZEbph.gif
JUpDlTU.gif

1M9Zrk1.gif
NZlAFpd.gif

eO65kAU.gif
sfQUChK.gif

TRdsVZu.gif
LwT8VHE.gif

Trivia

• This episode's flashback was later adapted into the limited series The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years. Written by series writer Hilary J. Bader, with artwork by Bo Hampton, Terry Beatty, Lee Loughridge, and Rick Taylor, it bridged the gap between Batman: The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures, explaining how Batman discovered Batgirl's identity, Dick's journey around the world, and Tim's life prior to becoming Robin (including his witnessing the final fight between Batman and company against the Joker.) Contrary to popular belief, the Lost Years series was based on the script for "Old Wounds", rather than the other way around.
  • Although Dick never says it out loud, clearly the climax of this episode implies that Dick has forgiven Batman.
  • This version appears to be a more Pre-Crisis version of Dick retiring from Robin on his own accord rather than the post-Crisis version having him fired by Batman.
  • Alfred telling Barbara that he is Batman is echoed on the Static Shock episode "Hard as Nails" where he tells Static the same thing and replies to Static's disbelief "just once, I wish someone would believe me".
  • This is the only The New Batman Adventures episode that features Dick in his Robin outfit and is only one of two episodes to feature the entire team (Batman, Batgirl, Robin, and Nightwing) in their current costumes, though Batman and Batgirl are only seen in the flashback. The other episode to show all four heroes in costume is "Over the Edge". However, neither episode shows all four together in costume at the same time.
  • Joker makes a reference to the 1995 film Apollo 13 when he says, "Houston, we have a problem."

i always liked how barb's reaction to the punch is slighly late :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back