The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 3

giphy.gif

I don't think it's bad or anything, It's great don't get me wrong. I just don't think it's the flawless Batman experience some make it out to be.

I ordered the Blu-Ray from Amazon France yesterday. It was only 29.99 euros. It doesn't have the movies but I already have them do it doesn't bother me. Also it seems that the discs are in Blu-Ray cases and not in cardboard sleeves. Can't wait to watch this in HD.

Does anyone else find Two-Face to be an uninteresting character after his origin episode. I wish there was a follow up episode that treated his character as seriously as the debut episode did.

Does anyone else find Two-Face to be an uninteresting character after his origin episode. I wish there was a follow up episode that treated his character as seriously as the debut episode did.

'Second Chance' is a stunning episode.

Pick up Batman & Robin Adventures # 1 and # 2 for a follow-up to his debut episodes - written by Paul Dini.

Yeah Second Chance is superb. One of the best of the series. Even Penguin had a cool Birdman of Alcatraz scene in it. I do agree though that outside of that episode and his origin ones, Two Face was just a twos themed robber.

They tried something different in TNBA with Judgement Day, but I didn't care for the addition of a third personality to Dent.

I watched the first episode on Blu-Ray and it looked great. It looks much better than before and I like the colors.

Yeah Second Chance is superb. One of the best of the series. Even Penguin had a cool Birdman of Alcatraz scene in it. I do agree though that outside of that episode and his origin ones, Two Face was just a twos themed robber.

They tried something different in TNBA with Judgement Day, but I didn't care for the addition of a third personality to Dent.
I rewatched the episode, and you're right. Completely forgot about that one.

I don't see many posts -or any- talking about Holiday Knights as an episode to watch the season of holidays.

He's pretty cool in the episodes Trial and Almost Got Him. Shadow of the Bat two parters is fine and dandy too, but he is not the focal character there.

Got the blu-ray for xmas. Man this show is a masterpiece. Watching it now is just amazing.

It's also amazing to see how much of the show can be seen in the Arkham Games. You can watch the background as a character flies and it looks like you're over the map for those games. Even the location references. . . .

I like that the Joker had a small bit of decency, restraint in "Be a Clown," telling kids to go away (from his bomb), "This trick's for grown ups," that felt in-character enough and an interesting bit to his character. Although taking into account BB, that restraint sure didn't last.

Those concept figs are pretty great. I also wouldn't mind a Knightfall set in the same world as Death/Reign of Supermen, since those happened at the same time originally.

What do you think of Harley Quinn's analysis in "Mad Love" that the Joker is "a tortured soul crying out for love and acceptance" and "trying to make the world laugh at his antics"?

The biggest or most obvious problem with it is that Harley does love and accept him and he doesn't even appreciate it, much less return it. Although I did have a hard time believing Batman's and the episode's claim that the Joker always saw her as just hired help, I believe in other episodes there seemed to be more care and affection even if a lot less than the lot that Harley wanted.

I'd like to start a discussion about the episode(s) Two-Face.
If Harley Quinn played a role in the episode, how would the episode play out?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, it's probably a joke but why would Harley Quinn play a role in those episodes?

I'm sorry, it's probably a joke but why would Harley Quinn play a role in those episodes?

What if scenario...
Harvey feels threatened by Thorne so he seeks psychiatric help. Harvey visits Dr. Nora Crest a hypnotist "or" Dr. Harleen Quinzel a psychiatric intern at Arkham Asylum.
Harley Quinn can make a guest appearance.

Last edited:
Mask of The Phantasm is one of the best Batman films ever made, and above Burtons films for me.

Also, I currently own the entire collection of TAS on DVD, but i've been curious about getting it on Blu Ray. Not really sure if its worth shelling out the money for a blu ray version

I was 11 years old when this show first aired as i recalled 2 years before this came out as it was a dream of mine that a Batman animated show would come and it did came true when i looked in Starlog and comicscene magazine coming in 1992 a Batman animated series.

I remembered when the saturday morning 2 part sneak preview episode Cat and Claw and sunday sneak preview episode at night On Leather Wings aired, oh they delivered and i taped every episode as a kid and a teen on Fox and WB.

And what is everyone's favorite episodes?

Mine are:
Almost Got Im.
Heart of Ice.
Beware Grey Ghost.
Robin's Reckoning.
Mad Love.
Perchance to Dream.
Lock Up.
Feat of Clay.
The Forgotten.
Man who Killed Batman.
Read My Lips.