The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
world_boxing_classic___the_super_six_tournament_ii_by_boxingguy-d8ugotz.jpg

^^ What would you guys think ?

Why is GGG going after Cotto and Alvarez? His ass should get in the ring with Ward before chasing the big money.

Why is GGG going after Cotto and Alvarez? His ass should get in the ring with Ward before chasing the big money.

Be careful for saying anything negative about GGG. You maybe given a label. :whatever:

He has fought nothing but bums.

Put him in the ring with Ward before they compare him to crazy Mike.

Ward is fighting at at Super Middleweight (168lbs) Golovkin is currently campaigning at Middleweight (160 lbs).

And heck Ward has fought twice in three years. We don't know if this is the same Andre Ward as before.

Ward is fighting at at Super Middleweight (168lbs) Golovkin is currently campaigning at Middleweight (160 lbs).

And heck Ward has fought twice in three years. We don't know if this is the same Andre Ward as before.

But he wants Alvarez to move up in weight.

Why doesn't he do the same for Ward? I know there isn't enough money in his division, but goddamn. Ward would be my favorite if they ever fought.

Preaching to the choir! Same thing me and Doc Samson been saying for a minute. Dude has fought cab drivers, calls out smaller fighters,claims to be the most feared man in boxing yet is nowhere to be found when someone calls him out. Wants to "wait" on Ward yet he is about to turn 34. If he isn't a product of HBO, I don't know what is!

Also dude, change your name and avy! I'm reading all your posts in Samuel Jackson's screaming, cussing voice! :argh:

GGG might want to face Canelo over Ward for many reasons , imo...

1) Canelo has a much bigger fan base than Ward...Ward has Oakland... Canelo has an entire nationality supporting him. Canelo / Mayweather reached over 2 million ppv buyrate.

2) Ward barely fights... Much drama between him and his promoter, harder to make big fights for him.

3) GGG would destroy Canelo. Ward would be a harder fight, imo...

Can anyone help me out - I'm trying to find a HBO banner that was on their website a few years ago and featured all the HBO boxers, and it was a cool looking banner. Had Dawson, Klitschkos, Mayweather, Pac, Hopkins, etc, etc.... Not sure what year it was from, but anyone know what I'm talking about ?

Preaching to the choir! Same thing me and Doc Samson been saying for a minute. Dude has fought cab drivers, calls out smaller fighters,claims to be the most feared man in boxing yet is nowhere to be found when someone calls him out. Wants to "wait" on Ward yet he is about to turn 34. If he isn't a product of HBO, I don't know what is!

Ward is fighting at Lt Heavy in his next fight. Why doesn't he want Kovalev?

Why does he, his team and his fans stay quiet when Kovalev calls him out (like he did last week), yet the mere mention of GGG/Ward and all the Ward fans comes out of the woodwork, Ward and his team come out calling GGG. But with Kovalev? Silence. Complete silence.

You and everyone knows Ward would get slaughtered by Kovalev. It wouldn't even be a competitive fight. Admit it.

edit:

After doing some digging, apart from last week, Kovalev has been calling out Ward for a while, Kovalev's trainer has been calling out Ward insisting that Kovalev KO's Ward and Kathy Duva wants to make a Ward/Kovalev fight. Yet no peep from Ward or his fans. But when GGG and his trainer do the same with Ward, all the Ward fans come out crying for a match.

Last edited:
Ward is fighting at Lt Heavy in his next fight. Why doesn't he want Kovalev?

Why does he, his team and his fans stay quiet when Kovalev calls him out (like he did last week), yet the mere mention of GGG/Ward and all the Ward fans comes out of the woodwork, Ward and his team come out calling GGG. But with Kovalev? Silence. Complete silence.

You and everyone knows Ward would get slaughtered by Kovalev. It wouldn't even be a competitive fight. Admit it.

edit:

After doing some digging, apart from last week, Kovalev has been calling out Ward for a while, Kovalev's trainer has been calling out Ward insisting that Kovalev KO's Ward and Kathy Duva wants to make a Ward/Kovalev fight. Yet no peep from Ward or his fans. But when GGG and his trainer do the same with Ward, all the Ward fans come out crying for a match.

I'm not a fan of any particular fighter, just a fan of boxing all my life. I want great fights made.

Ward should fight Kovalev and GGG should also fight Ward. I can't blame GGG for chasing that pay day, but after he goes after Alvarez, he should go after Ward.

And vice versa.

No matter how much I tried, I still can't get into MMA.

The thing that separates Ward from GGG as far as people saying someone is ducking someone is that Ward doesn't go around saying he's the most feared guy in boxing from 154-172, which we've heard GGG make that claim. That's GGG's unofficial title but when he gets called out for it, he has an excuse. Ward hasn't said that Kovalev is afraid to fight him, which GGG's team has said about Ward. I think what's pissing Ward off is they constantly bring up his name but yet don't have the balls to back it up.

Also what kills me about when people say boxing is dying and the UFC is the next big thing don't know their history. Boxing isn't dying, it just isn't a household thing in the USA like it use to be. But worldwide, I daresay it has grown. You see how boxing is treated in Russia, the UK, and Asia. They are killing it there. The UFC is TRYING to get there but isn't catching on like people thought it would. Also, when people say that Mayweather's fights are boring haven't watched a UFC fight. Half of the fights are just guys rolling around on the mat trying to get position. How many times does the crowd boo their fights? A lot!!

The thing that separates Ward from GGG as far as people saying someone is ducking someone is that Ward doesn't go around saying he's the most feared guy in boxing from 154-172, which we've heard GGG make that claim. That's GGG's unofficial title but when he gets called out for it, he has an excuse. Ward hasn't said that Kovalev is afraid to fight him, which GGG's team has said about Ward. I think what's pissing Ward off is they constantly bring up his name but yet don't have the balls to back it up.

Also what kills me about when people say boxing is dying and the UFC is the next big thing don't know their history. Boxing isn't dying, it just isn't a household thing in the USA like it use to be. But worldwide, I daresay it has grown. You see how boxing is treated in Russia, the UK, and Asia. They are killing it there. The UFC is TRYING to get there but isn't catching on like people thought it would. Also, when people say that Mayweather's fights are boring haven't watched a UFC fight. Half of the fights are just guys rolling around on the mat trying to get position. How many times does the crowd boo their fights? A lot!!

Kovalev and his team keep bringing up Ward, why aren't he and his fans up in arms about the fight not getting made?

Why doesn't Ward ever mention Kovalev? Why don't Ward fans ever mention Kovalev?

Kovalev said he wants Ward (just like GGG has said in the past), Kovalev's trainer said Ward would get KO'd (just like GGG's trainer said the same thing), Kathy Duva wants to make that fight happen (just like GGG's promoter said in the past)

Where are your "They need to make a Kovalev/Ward fight" posts??

BTW, GGG has NEVER called himself the most feared man in boxing, quote me where he said that from his own mouth. You sure have a bad habit of putting words in people's mouths.

Edit:

Everyone giving crap to GGG for calling out smaller guys? LOL Cotto is the Middle-Weight champion of the world, if he thinks he's too small (even though his next fight is at the MW limit against a former GGG opponent), give up the belts, otherwise he will continue to get called out by GGG. Canelo has been fighting past the 154 limit for some time now, by rule, if you fight past a weight limit then you're fighting at the next weight limit. MW limit is 155-160 lbs, Canelo has been fighting at 155-156 since the Mayweather fight.

and yet Ward is fighting MIDDLE WEIGHT Paul Smith in his next fight at the contracted weight of 172 lbs. Paul Smith who lost his last TWO in a row

Yeah but it's GGG that continues to fight bums and making guys come up in weight. :whatever:

Last edited:
And GGG has only fought bums.

Alvarez and Cotto will get him paid though.

That's why I can't talk to dude. He sees what he wants to see. Can GGG fight? Sure but he really hasn't been tested and has only fought one "slick" boxer to date, an ESPN fighter who brings no money but yet Lara does nothing for him. Lara is a name on his resume. I honestly believe he'd beat Lara but I think Lara would give him the scare of his life. I also think he'd beat Hopkins but his team doesn't want to chance it. When it comes to Ward, I think he'd get his arse handed to him quite easily. GGG's defense is seriously suspect and he leaves himself wide open for shots. All this talk of him fighting Froch............I actually think Froch will KO him. Froch has a strong chin and one punch power and will give him serious problems as well. GGG is not the monster people are making him out to be.

Cotto is fighting Daniel Geale in a couple of weeks time. The same guy Golovkin dismantled in three rounds.

I can see Cotto struggling with Geale. Dude is not a Middleweight. This fight is no guaranteed win for him but I just want to see Cotto vs Canelo so I'm rooting for Cotto.

Speaking of fights, this Friday we have Amir Khan vs. Algieri. I'm actually rooting for Algieri. Khan is arrogant as hell. He should have fought Kell Brook instead of this cab driver. He seems to be ducking anyone with any kind of power punching.

That's why I can't talk to dude. He sees what he wants to see. Can GGG fight? Sure but he really hasn't been tested and has only fought one "slick" boxer to date, an ESPN fighter who brings no money but yet Lara does nothing for him. Lara is a name on his resume. I honestly believe he'd beat Lara but I think Lara would give him the scare of his life. I also think he'd beat Hopkins but his team doesn't want to chance it. When it comes to Ward, I think he'd get his arse handed to him quite easily. GGG's defense is seriously suspect and he leaves himself wide open for shots. All this talk of him fighting Froch............I actually think Froch will KO him. Froch has a strong chin and one punch power and will give him serious problems as well. GGG is not the monster people are making him out to be.

Thanks for proving my point.

Just like Ward, the name Kovalel isn't in your vocabulary. Is Ward and his fans that terrified of him?

What division(s) in boxing is the best/money maker? I already know the welterweight is one weight class.

Just like Ward, the name Kovalel isn't in your vocabulary. Is Ward and his fans that terrified of him?

Has Ward called out the light heavyweight division? He never has. GGG has called out the Super Middleweight division but hasn't liked the responses.

I haven't heard nearly the same amount of noise, for the same amount of time, from Kovalev as I hear from GGG and/or his camp. But Stark, if you're trying to say, once again, that a professional champion level boxer is "afraid" of someone, it's just complete disrespect and idiocy. Fights don't get made right away all the time, fear is hardly a factor as to why.

Has Ward called out the light heavyweight division? He never has. GGG has called out the Super Middleweight division but hasn't liked the responses.

It's not even really GGG himself, it's his crazy ass trainer who's always spouting off about Ward. At the May-Pac fight he caught up with GGG's promoter and told him to stop putting false stories out about him not wanting the fight. Really this whole time it's been pretty one-sided from the GGG camp and Ward's just been responding telling them to stop unless they want the fight. I don't see how he's wrong for doing that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"