The Official Cobra Commander Thread

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
So I haven't heard much about if he's even in this movie. Whom do you want to see taking on the role? Does it really matter, since ideally they would be under a mask the whole time.

It matters a lot, and he should be in the movie, I sure hope so. Who could play him? I'd like to see William H. Macy, who usually plays the nice guy, he could be great playing against types. But he is probably too expensive. My idea is that the part should be played by an All-American actor in his 40s-50s, somebody who can carry himself to play larger-than-life characters, but also average men (because that's what Cobra Commander was before).

to be honest.. i would rather a "minions" movie.. have all his underlings... be rporting to him .. ala Vader to the Emperor.. where we see very little of him but still know he's running things.. and then in the sequel have him get frustrated after the eventual "bumble" by destro.. and just kicks arse...

i just hope they dont make CC the bumbling idiot like in the cartoons

What we know at this point about Cobra Commander is that he IS in the film, but in an 'Emperor Palpatine'-type role. What exactly that will entail is not yet known. In terms of casting, I think it's important that they cast someone who can not only portray the character physically, but also provide the voice. Two people that I think fit this criteria are Liam Neeson and Alan Rickman. Although they don't have especially deep or raspy voices, it would not be hard to alter their voices to fit the snake-like vocals of the Cobra Commander that we Joe fans know and love. Hugo Weaving would also be a great choice, but that might draw unfavorable comparisons with the voice work he did for Megatron (which some people weren't happy with).

What we know at this point about Cobra Commander is that he IS in the film, but in an 'Emperor Palpatine'-type role. What exactly that will entail is not yet known. In terms of casting, I think it's important that they cast someone who can not only portray the character physically, but also provide the voice. Two people that I think fit this criteria are Liam Neeson and Alan Rickman. Although they don't have especially deep or raspy voices, it would not be hard to alter their voices to fit the snake-like vocals of the Cobra Commander that we Joe fans know and love. Hugo Weaving would also be a great choice, but that might draw unfavorable comparisons with the voice work he did for Megatron (which some people weren't happy with).

I think the raspy voice is secondary to the quality of acting, really. If he shows up (which I hope he will), he will have to impose a presence thorugh a mask. Voice will be important, but also body language. And I hope, like DarthRekal, that he will not be pictured as a bumbling buffoon. Hugo Weaving would be a great choice, but I still would still prefer an All-American actor and somebody not known for his badguys roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"