The Official Devil May Cry Thread

Anyone notice the V symble behind the title makes out wings when behind Nero?

Maybe he'll have his complete Devil Trigger this time.

Wonder if they'll ever explain why he only had one arm in Devil Trigger Mode. How he even got it. Apparently it's part of Vergil, which is why he is getting it back. Or Vergil is just his dukey self and simply takes it because he needs more power. :funny:

I hope this is set after DMC2.
It kinda bothers me that game is always gonna be the conclusion of the story, unless they finally place the story of 5 after that.

You know what I love? So many claiming they couldn't wait for this game online, none of them seemingly played Devil May Cry 4. Because my brother and I knew it was Nero a half a second after they showed him. But so many others seemed confused, even with Red Queen and Blue Rose. :funny:

j49qusdgk9311.jpg

Finally found the damn song from the trailer, literally been driving me nuts trying to find it:

Casey Edwards feat. Ali Edwards - Devil Trigger

[YT]ntIzfdcLiq4[/YT]

Vergil has full sleeves of tattoos. :hehe:

I like the little changes to Rebellion and Red Queen. Wonder what the Yamato will look like this time around.

Last edited:
if this was put up alreay my apologies

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Devil May Cry 5 Japanese Twitter account shares story, character, and gameplay tidbits[/FONT]
Published 23 mins ago. 0 comments.

More details following yesterday's announcement.

The Japanese Twitter account for the Devil May Cry 5 series shared new information on the action game sequel following its official announcement yesterday.
Get the details below.
Story
In the provincial Red Grave City, a giant tree with blood-sucking roots suddenly appeared and began attacking the people. Nero, a traveling demon exterminator, hurries there in the “Devil May Cry” van. Accompanying him and providing weapons is his sidekick Nico, a self-proclaimed “Weapons Artist.” (via )

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_001.jpg

Powers stolen and pride lost, there are some things Nero seeks to reclaim. They are his beloved sword Red Queen which knocks about demons and thrusts him into battle, and his double-barreled, fire-shooting Blue Rose. The shine on his right hand is an anti-demon artificial arm called the Devil Breaker. “Nice…I’m going to rip you apart!” (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_002.jpg

Nero

A young traveling demon hunter. He was once a Holy Knight for the Order of the Sword. And he is not far down the bloodline of the Legendary Dark Knight. (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_003.jpg

Due to a certain event, Nero lost his demon hand, the Devil Trigger. However, his partner Nico helped him acquire a replacement, the new Devil Breaker. With it, he will stand against the invading demon forces. (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_004.jpg

Nico

A self-proclaimed “Weapons Artist” who travels with Nero. She is a first-class weapon crafter. Her grandmother is the first-class gunsmith Nell Goldstein. (via)

She made the anti-demon artificial arm “Devil Breaker” for Nero. Although it was at the cost of her stamina, she is proud of the mechanisms she installed. The way she looks at her own work with such confidence is reminiscent of her father, who himself was a mad scientist. (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_006.jpg

Gameplay

Continuing from Devil May Cry 4, Devil May Cry 5 features intense action, amazing graphics you will mistake for real life, and the fastest gameplay in the series to date, allowing you to move however you feel. The story will ramp up in intensity as you progress. This is a sequel that can only be created by developers who know Devil May Cry. The new RE Engine makes it possible to experience stylish action in 60 frames per second. (via, 2)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_007.jpg

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_008.jpg

Create combos by grabbing, pulling, and driving into enemies. Grab. Pull. Drive into. Nero’s artificial right arm, the Devil Breaker, replaces the lost demon arm and wields a lot of power. Grab an enemy, pull them in, and attack them with your sword. You will get hooked on linking combos to create stylish action. (via, 2

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_008a.jpg

Decide how you want to style. The series’ gun and sword action is alive and well. Starting with the Devil Breaker, there are more new actions and systems to be announced. The possibilities for mastering style will infinitely expand. (via)

DmC5-Twitter_06-11-18_009.jpg
Devil May Cry 5 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in spring 2019.

source: Gematsu

Did they just confirm Nero is related to Dante and Vergil?

Also, Nico and Nero. :hehe:

Did they just confirm Nero is related to Dante and Vergil?

Also, Nico and Nero. :hehe:
that's still in the air . they just said he 's related to the dark night sparda which can even mean he's ether vergil's or dante's
(Some how with the game series it might not be the case ) or he could their half bro of all thing's

Maybe that'll be answered in this installment may be it won't

The last time I was this hyped about anything was BvS. My god I can't wait for this game. If they announced MGR2 tmrw at Sony's con, then my life is complete.

I guess they're going with the notion that Nero is Virgil's son, like the tie-in novel said.

But Nico being the granddaughter of Nell Goldstein? She made Ebony and Ivory...loving how much they're embracing the background lore there.

I hope this is set after DMC2.
It kinda bothers me that game is always gonna be the conclusion of the story, unless they finally place the story of 5 after that.
I didn't play the first two games, but I will :applaud the different opinion.

You know what I love? So many claiming they couldn't wait for this game online, none of them seemingly played Devil May Cry 4. Because my brother and I knew it was Nero a half a second after they showed him. But so many others seemed confused, even with Red Queen and Blue Rose. :funny:
Maybe they haven't played the game in years -like me- and forgot about the handle twist of the Red Queen, and Dante making light of it.

I didn't play the first two games, but I will :applaud the different opinion.

Maybe they haven't played the game in years -like me- and forgot about the handle twist of the Red Queen, and Dante making light of it.

Yeah I havent touched that game in like 8-9 years and even then the game had a forgettable story

I'm shocked at the lack of negativity.(in a good way) Almost everywhere else I go that discusses the upcoming game, there's people complaining about things such as the art. People have gone as far as to call it "basically DmC 2".

I'm shocked at the lack of negativity.(in a good way) Almost everywhere else I go that discusses the upcoming game, there's people complaining about things such as the art. People have gone as far as to call it "basically DmC 2".
Depends on where you go bc I’m on another board where it seems to be universally hated

I try not to be negative, but I admit, it did give me DmC vibes. Especially the enemies. Demons in DMC were never really grotesque or nasty looking. They had some color, sometimes quirky designs, or a bit of an Anime flair, especially the bosses. In the new trailer all the colors are muted, not even Nero's jacket pops anymore, and enemies look like DmC leftovers.

But after re-watching the trailer a few times, taking a closer look at the bosses and letting it all sink in, they are nowhere near as nasty looking as the DmC bosses. Those demon bug thingies though, yuck! XD

Depends on where you go bc I’m on another board where it seems to be universally hated

Sad to see it being disliked elsewhere. Even if it was a sequel to DmC I'd be totally in for this.
I guess they're going with the notion that Nero is Virgil's son, like the tie-in novel said.

But Nico being the granddaughter of Nell Goldstein? She made Ebony and Ivory...loving how much they're embracing the background lore there.
There was a tie-in novel? Nell Goldstain made E&I? Where can I read this stuff?

I thought the anime was all the lore it had besides the games.
Which is my case. I played it back in 2008, beat it twice, only to never touch it again. I thought Nero was a new devil hunter, in the trailer.

I have to admit it does give me DmC vibes. Distinct lack of anime feel, which is sad, and Nero kinda looks like grey haired Donte. I'm not liking Nick's design and she seems to have a slight uncanny valley effect which just throws me off when I see her talk.

It's a bit weird seeing Dante back as a supporting character and older, but at least they're back into the main series and not a reboot. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Yeah I havent touched that game in like 8-9 years and even then the game had a forgettable story
Agnus is a memorable character to me at least, that stuttering researcher has a couple of the funniest scenes in the series.
The rest is easy to forget.

Which is my case. I played it back in 2008, beat it twice, only to never touch it again. I thought Nero was a new devil hunter, in the trailer.
I don't know how long has it been since I last played the game, but I bought the special edition enjoying Steam discounts of $4.99 a game and am yet to play it.

It's a bit weird seeing Dante back as a supporting character and older, but at least they're back into the main series and not a reboot. It will be interesting to see how this develops.
This is an interesting year as we see two series return to the original and discarding the reboot, the other one is that Halloween movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"