The Official Dominic Monaghan/Bolt Discussion Thread

Its a mistake he is playing Beak who was confirmed earlier in production.

Because it's Wolverine's solo film. I don't want too many crap about other mutants, I wanna see Wolverine.

I agree. With are of these mutants, they could have just called it X4. This is a Wolverine movie not X4:The New Mutants

This is good casting. However, you would think that if they're going to get in a relatively big-actor in that it would be more than just a cameo - which worries me.

Its a mistake he is playing Beak who was confirmed earlier in production.
Beak is Blackwing. Blackwing is the crappy direction that Beak was taken in after Grant Morrison left NEW X-MEN.

I agree. With are of these mutants, they could have just called it X4. This is a Wolverine movie not X4:The New Mutants

Well, that "Beak" description on the Hype main page sounds a lot like Bird Brain/Bird Boy....

I understand that but we've already seen enough of Wolvie. Besides, Wolvie's gonna need alot of bad guys to kill anyway. Its better he goes against other mutants than some no name soldiers.

C'mon Neto, how can you say we've seen enough about Wolverine, it's his own movie for god's sake. The only characters that matter are Wolverine, Sabretooth, Silver Fox, Maverick, Stryker, Dr. Cornelius, Dr. Hines. Any other character/mutant is useless in THIS story of Wolverine.

If they'd followed the comics there would've been a VERY interesting fight against Omega Red. Remember the C-Synth?

C'mon Neto, how can you say we've seen enough about Wolverine, it's his own movie for god's sake. The only characters that matter are Wolverine, Sabretooth, Silver Fox, Maverick, Stryker, Dr. Cornelius, Dr. Hines. Any other character/mutant is useless in THIS story of Wolverine.

If they'd followed the comics there would've been a VERY interesting fight against Omega Red. Remember the C-Synth?

Cornelius and Hines are replaced with Stryker. But we know Stryker experimented on other mutants so that makes sense with all these cameos. The only one i'm not sure on is how Gambit falls into the story.

and Omega Red would obviously come later in a sequel.

Cornelius and Hines are replaced with Stryker. But we know Stryker experimented on other mutants so that makes sense with all these cameos. The only one i'm not sure on is how Gambit falls into the story.

and Omega Red would obviously come later in a sequel.

I know but they could be supporting characters. And I REALLY hope they are just cameos. Saving Omega Red for the sequal is too late for me. This movie should close of a part of Wolverine's past not keep it open.

Why are ppl complaining about there being too many mutants? At least this time they're actual characters and not some lame made up ones like in X3.

I don't recall made-up characters in X3. Anole, Glob Herman, Phat, Spyke, Quill, Arclight. They were all actual comicbook characters. Ash i'm not sure about.

I find it amusing and ironic how you defend multiple cameos in Wolverine but not in X3. :hehe:

My god. All these complaints about other mutants being in the movie. Are you guys serious? Do you really want Wolverine and Sabretooth going at it for two hours with Stryker twirling his mustache in a corner? This is not a three man show, people. The movie's gotta have a cast.

Here's what we had in X1.

Xavier
Magneto
Jean Grey
Cyclops
Storm
Wolverine
Rogue
Iceman
Pyro
Toad
Sabretooth
Mystique
Senator Kelly
Henry Gyrich
Colossus
The Vanisher

SIXTEEN CHARACTERS if you include cameo appearances.

Now Wolverine.

Wolverine
Sabretooth
Stryker
Silver Fox
Deadpool
Gambit
Beak
Wraith
Blob

...Nine...Characters...Whoop dee damn doo!

Xavier
Magneto
Jean Grey
Cyclops
Storm
Wolverine
Rogue
Iceman
Pyro
Toad
Sabretooth
Mystique
Senator Kelly
Henry Gyrich
Colossus
The Vanisher

Huh?:wow: :huh:

He should be fine. Maybe a three minute cameo at best?

I don't see him playing a massive role in the film overall. I could be wrong.

I wouldn't worry about it. The same happened with X3.

After the mixed reactions to X3, I'd say that too many cameo characters might not be a good thing. Loading a movie with cameos doesn't seem to get a good response.
That's my feeling on the matter. They should be trying to keep this simple, not clutter things up. :(

I Think that the characters they have will be cool, but they don't need to have any more

My god. All these complaints about other mutants being in the movie. Are you guys serious? Do you really want Wolverine and Sabretooth going at it for two hours with Stryker twirling his mustache in a corner? This is not a three man show, people. The movie's gotta have a cast.

Xavier
Magneto
Jean Grey
Cyclops
Storm
Wolverine
Rogue
Iceman
Pyro
Toad
Sabretooth
Mystique
Senator Kelly
Henry Gyrich
Colossus
The Vanisher

SIXTEEN CHARACTERS if you include cameo appearances.

Now Wolverine.

Wolverine
Sabretooth
Stryker
Silver Fox
Deadpool
Gambit
Beak
Wraith
Blob

...Nine...Characters...Whoop dee damn doo!
When were they in it?!?

254587~Dominic-Monaghan-Posters.jpg

Barnell Bohusk-Beak
Bird-like mutation which gives him heightened agility, a beaked nose, finger talons, and wings that fold up along his arms and allow limited flight
Beakwalk.jpg

Barnell Bohusk-BlackWing
Advanced suit allowing flight, superhuman strength, and energy blasts
Blackwing001.jpg

Blackwing003.jpg

I never really liked or disliked Beak, but it's really strange to see him in a Wolverine movie. I don't think they never even spoke to each other in the comics. Though I haven't read these never ones where he's Blackwing. I remembered he died or something in New X-Men? Or was it the bug chick he was dating who died, hmm?

The Vanisher
Wiki says he was in X3 not X1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanisher#Films

The Vanisher was the kid teleporting on the basketball court. There was speculation going on around here about whether it was Nightcrawler or not and somewhere along the way it was revealed that the kid was actually the movie version of The Vanisher.

X-maniac alright pointed out Henry Gyrich. I'm watching the movie right now actually and I forgot to mention Jubilee.

Beak appeared in the 2006 script, so it's nice to see that he made it in the final cut. His role appears to be very small though.

Beak appeared in the 2006 script, so it's nice to see that he made it in the final cut. His role appears to be very small though.
Does seem odd that they would hire such a fairly well known actor for such a bit part though.... he's not a nobody.

They get some pretty big name actors for these small roles. This reminds me a lot of Angel in X3.

^True. And they cast that Oscar winning actress in the small part in X3 as Dr. Rao.

Does seem odd that they would hire such a fairly well known actor for such a bit part though.... he's not a nobody.

The role could've been changed or expanded from the early script. He does seem like an actor that would get a better role. Maybe there's more to the character? I like the casting though :up:

Makes me wonder if Fox is casting these big names with the idea of spinning them off into their own team film or to continue in future Wolverine films.

**Again - going off the 06 script, these characters remain to be cast, if they're in the shooting script. Some characters may have been replaced with Gambit and Deadpoon - idk:

Agent Zero
General Munson
Carol Hines
Gilman
Dr. Cornelius
The Hudson's
Barbarus
Sherlenne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"