The Official Lynn Collins/Silver Fox Discussion Thread

Maze

Proud AquaMomoa inventor
Reaction score
51261625.jpg

IESB Exclusive: Wolverine's Silver Fox Has Been Cast!
Written by Robert Sanchez
Friday, 15 February 2008
Silver Fox, Wolvie's love interest and a Team X member, has finally been cast plus news on who will be playing Stryker!

For the last few months, there has been talk of a few different actresses in the mix for Wolverine's love interest Silver Fox. Both Maggie Q and Michelle Monaghan were considered, but both lost out to another femme fatale.

Lynn Collins (Number 23, Bug) has beat both beauties for the highly coveted role of Kayla Silverfox A.K.A. Silver Fox. We have been able to confirm the casting news with our sources at the studio.

Wolverine is finishing up its New Zealand shoot this weekend and will be headed to Australia early next week for the remainder of the production.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4324&Itemid=99

Well that sucks... whatever... ask long as she can look good I guess... that's the mentality over at FOX... but I guess if she beat out those other two then good choice.

how many actresses were freakin' rumored for silver fox? Jeezz

BTW, Lynn is hot

She looks 15 and she isnt indian. Boooo

Here's a shot of Lynn (far right) with boyfriend Steven Strait (The Covenant), Hugh Jackman (about to come out there), Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth) and his wife Naomi Watts. She's hanging with the Wolverine crew now...

wolverinesetsilverfoxcoxb1.jpg

-TL

According to IMDB, she's a Shakespearean-trained actress:

Lynn Collins is a Texas native. She attended the Juilliard school for drama and had a deal of Shakespearean training before being cast as Portia in 'The Merchant of Venice.' She also played Ophelia in a production of 'Hamlet' in New York, and was Juliet in Peter Hall's 'Romeo and Juliet' at the Ahmanson theatre in Los Angeles.

Also, IESB reports that NZ is almost finished and they are going back to Oz:

Wolverine is finishing up its New Zealand shoot this weekend and will be headed to Australia early next week for the remainder of the production.

I've never seen her in anything before. Out of the rumoured actresses though, I would have preferred Michelle Monaghan.

It sounds like a lot of theater-trained/stage actors are in this movie (Hugh, Liev, Lynn) - very similar to X-1 with Patrick and Ian.

Why are some people giving her the thumbs down? Have you disliked her performance in something or is it her looks? I don't remember seeing her in anything but she has some good credits including a lead opposite Al Pacino and Jeremy Irons.

It sounds like they're just mad Michelle Monaghan didn't get it. :whatever:

I've never seen her in anything, but her theater credits are pretty impressive and Juliard isn't exactly an easy school to get into. Must be a pretty good actress. :up:

It sounds like they're just mad Michelle Monaghan didn't get it. :whatever:

I've never seen her in anything, but her theater credits are pretty impressive and Juliard isn't exactly an easy school to get into. Must be a pretty good actress. :up:

I freely admit that danoyse.

I wanted Maggie Q for the simple fact that she looked the part.

I'm actually more impressed with Lynn than I was with Michelle. I hated Gone Baby Gone but really enjoyed The Number 23. Ironically both Danny Huston and Lynn Collins are in that movie.

I wonder if Steven Strait has a part in this film as well. Then again, Naomi traveled to the set with Liev so Steven may be doing the same.

-TL

You'll get over it. :oldrazz:

Probably, i am used to disappointments with casting in these movies, I like both Hugh and Michelle and looked forward to them onscreen together, if Maggie had gotten the role it would be OK but this choice seems very bland to me. Maybe a trailer will change my mind, who knows but right now it's bleh for me.

Even though she doesn't look the part, i still think she could make it her own. I would have said that Jackman doesn't really look like Wolverine before i saw any pics of him prior to X-Men 1, but he made the part his own. Plus she's theater trained, which is always a plus.

I believe in her, for now....

Probably, i am used to disappointments with casting in these movies, I like both Hugh and Michelle and looked forward to them onscreen together, if Maggie had gotten the role it would be OK but this choice seems very bland to me. Maybe a trailer will change my mind, who knows but right now it's bleh for me.

I haven't seen her in anything, so I'm reserving judgment. After all, most of us didn't know who Hugh was before the first X-Men (I did), and that worked out pretty well, right? :woot:

I haven't seen her in anything, so I'm reserving judgment. After all, most of us didn't know who Hugh was before the first X-Men (I did), and that worked out pretty well, right? :woot:

The thing with Hugh was i preferred him over who they had cast when i saw him and didn't really have a choice for the role, here i really thought Michelle was ideal, Maggie was a good choice also, this girl just has nothing in her resume or her look to interest me, i guess the costume and make up ppl will go to work and perhaps do some jiggery pokery to her face to make her look more stand out.

You never know, they were a week into filming and released a full scale picture of Wolverine!

Why are some people giving her the thumbs down? Have you disliked her performance in something or is it her looks? I don't remember seeing her in anything but she has some good credits including a lead opposite Al Pacino and Jeremy Irons.
i think its pretty obvious that it's because they changed her race

Why the hell don't they have a native american or asian play Silverfox?? Maggie Q would have been good. :wolverine

I've only seen her in The Lake House. She did well for the bit part she had. With the proper dress and make-up, I think she has the potential to look a tad more ethnic than Monaghan... obviously not to the extent of Maggie Q. though. I guess I must be in the minority who don't mind Collins over Monaghan. Even though I like her, Monaghan felt a little too much like generic, current "it" girl casting to me.

Michelle is far from an it girl, she has only been in one blockbuster and that was 2 years ago, an it girl is a Megan Fox or Ellen Page.

why the hell couldn't they find a Native American actress for Silver Fox? :huh:

:down :cmad:

Mizuo Peck.
Karina Lombard
Irene Bedard
Alex Rice

those are just four women who are better suited for the role in my opinion. and, they're all closer to Jackman's age making the whole thing a little less creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"