The Official Dominic Monaghan/Bolt Discussion Thread

Despite any doubts about casting and what happened with X3 (wasn't horrible, just had its faults) I still have faith in this project. Even more so when I see some of the actors billed. Although I'm a little puzzled as to why Beak.

Crikey, another character.

No one can still be saying they want the Weapon X story expanded beyond Wolverine! BMM, weren't you hoping for a lot more to Weapon X than the Wolverine/Stryker story. Sounds like we are getting it!

Haha. Yeah, it sounds like it. I wanted other avenues of exploration available rather than simply adhering to Stryker's involvement... and with the latest casting additions it sounds like they will be doing just that. Now, if they could just incorporate Deathstryke's father, Lord Dark Wind, into the story...

Honestly, thus far, I'm not worried about there being too many cameos or characters. As has been shown, this isn't any worse than the first X-Men movie... and the focus of this movie is simply on Wolverine (without having to introduce the rest of the X-Men universe). Also, this isn't The Last Stand in which there was already a large cast of characters needing a resolution, while simultaneously competing against the introduction of a whole group of new characters... so hopefully, this cast shouldn't be a problem.

Hmmm.. thats all I can say. His character was the only one I really disliked on Lost, and I really have only been able to bear watching him in LoTR, and even that was questionable at times. It might be different if he has a huge beak though, and acts well, I hope so. I thought that was it for the larger cameos, I hope they don't add any more, certainly not significant ones, it just narrows down the character development for the other characters.

I don't think they never even spoke to each other in the comics.
But Logan did have some cool moments with Beak's (grand?)son, Tito, in HERE COMES TOMORROW - "Do you know how much the fastball special means to me?".

I suppose all these new character are pure cameos, 3 seconds and bye bye. Although the actos they are hiring are known ones.... don't know.

I hope such is the case with Beak. Beak? Gack, what an awful character from an awful X-Men run.

Hopefully Beak will be a captive mutant that can garner sympathy as he is killed as they experiment on him. It would be a good plot device. Any other use of screen time on this lame character would be a terrible idea.

Wasn't there a rumor (possibly from an early script review) way back about Beak and Blob being involved in a traveling circus in the film?

Haha! Beak! Beak is awesome. If he doesn't hit somebody with a baseball bat, I'm gonna be pissed.

I actually like Beak a lot. It sort of continues the tradition of showing how tough it is for some mutants to blend into society because of their physical look. Which plays into the intolerence theme that X-Men thrives on.

Yeah, I like the idea of bringing in a mutant who is truly beaten by the ugly stick. Poor guy might get offed by Stryker.

I suppose all these new character are pure cameos, 3 seconds and bye bye. Although the actos they are hiring are known ones.... don't know.

They could pull a Moira MacTaggart. Olivia Williams is a known actress and she was in The Last Stand for only a few seconds... and on a computer screen no less.

I'm hoping he's one of Creed's victim's during his mutant killing spree.

Beak? Seriously? I can handle Blob and Gambit being in a Wolverine solo film because they are pretty cool characters, but Beak? Beak is a terrible character.

I love fan boys. For years they have wanted these characters in movies & now FOX is finally putting them in movies & the fan boys are like "These is to many cameos". FOX for the next set of movies give the fan boys the finger & ignore them. Then that will be something to whine about

yes but who the hell ordered blackwing?

those jokes were jokes!

o_O

I love Dominic Monaghan but I would've NEVER seen him in any kind of comic based movie.

Beak sucks. I never liked the character but Dominic Monaghan is cool. I loved Charlies exit episode in Lost it was really sad :csad:

Good to see him getting work post-Lost.

Way too much negativity for the sake of it.

I'm officially, boycotting this forum!

....for three days! :mad:

:p
-TNC

I like the Traveling circus idea. . .

I'm guessing they want Beak or some facsimilie thereof to round out a team or a group of mutants so they all look different. Maybe they are all in Weapon X or prisoners there and they get broken out or something like that. Who knows? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"