Comics The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

The premise seems to have some hope. Not excited that they've already declared that Rogue will show up at some point. :csad:
Lighten up, will ya? They aren't gonna completely ignore the fact that Rogue is THE love of his life. Like it or not, she is. And it's not like he said that she's going to be a regular or something.
See I just think it was a total mess.

First and foremost, the pinnacle "X-Man turns into Death" story was told with Archangel. They should have left that there instead of rolling out a new Death every few years. There's nothing left to tell down that road.

The residual Death persona is even more of a mess, since some writers seem fine with addressing it while others obviously have no interest in it. Gambit's character (in his prime) had an inner darkness that didn't need to be made so literal. It's part of what made his character great. He had heroic bits... but he could also be very cold, calculating and amoral.

We'll see how the new series takes him. I do hope they give him more motivation to than "he's a thief... so he steals stuff. Because."
Okay, fair enough.

phpkl1wiMGAMBIT2012001_DC11_02.jpg
In that last article the guy said soemthing about redesigning the outfit. Doesn't look a whole different to me...?

Yeah i'm not sure what's been changed either, iirc all that's gone is the head sock, i don't think he's worn pink for awhile.

Yeah i'm not sure what's been changed either, iirc all that's gone is the head sock, i don't think he's worn pink for awhile.

We'll have to see the actual issues first - the art on the cover doesn't necessarily reflect what Gambit's going to be wearing on a day-to-day.

That said, it's mainly the headsock. When your hero's trademark is his duster there's just not a lot else you can tweak.

Well, going to a more all black theme rather than the magenta accents on his pants was a big upgrade as far as I was concerned, back in the days of Extreme.

Gambitextreme.jpg

Well, going to a more all black theme rather than the magenta accents on his pants was a big upgrade as far as I was concerned, back in the days of Extreme.

Gambitextreme.jpg
Which was exactly what I was gonna say! I loved this costume the best! As much as the fuschia Jim Lee costume is iconic, this is a far bette look for him!

And Katie, I'll give you your Taylor Kitsch. After seeing John Carter in 3-D, I'm all about the Kitsch! (to the embarrasment of my 10 year daughter!)

Kitsch was my first pic for Gambit from the moment I saw him in the Covenant! :D Gotta love them skimpy bathing suits!

The new gambit ongoing sounds awesome. I really hope they show his moral ambiguity and shadyness. Cant wait!

Gambitextreme.jpg
It needs more color. I think had the stripes been red like the rest of the X-treme team, it would have looked better

Perhaps but the way I see it magenta doesn't exactly help out the whole stealth/sneaky thief option, lol. It's kinda loud. :p

GAMBIT2012001COV_col.jpg

GAMBIT #1 & 2
James Asmus (W)
Clay Mann (a/C)
Variant Cover by TBD
• ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES!
• When Marvel’s premiere thief sets his sights on his biggest score yet, he may just end up over his head. It’s going to take more than just playing cards and southern charm to get out of this one!
•BONUS! Bella Donna is NOT in this issue!
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$2.99 (EACH)

Is that the actual cover, i'm dying to see some art for this.

What do you guys think are Gambit's top 5 books? I mean books as in Volumes, not issues.

Also really looking forward to the new one coming out.

Just a heads up, Gambits new book is now available to pre order.

I'll be grabbing that at my shop when it comes out. I doubt it will sell out before I get there. :D

What do you guys think are Gambit's top 5 books? I mean books as in Volumes, not issues.

Also really looking forward to the new one coming out.

Geez, has he even had five? His first ongoing with the New Son was great. His first mini was good. I can only think of one other mini and one other ongoing, neither of which I read.

I'd prefer actual issues. Off the top of my head:

X-Men 33 - tale from the past with Sabretooth
Gambit 1 (1st ongoing) - Versus X-Cutioner
Gambit 24 (1st ongoing) - Versus New Son
Daken: Dark Wolverine 7 or 8 - Awesome fight with Daken
Uncanny X-Men 312 or 313 - Versus Phalanx

GAMBIT2012003COV_col.jpg

GAMBIT #3
James Asmus (w) • Clay Mann (a/C)
• Desperately searching for a means to destroy the pilfered artifact that’s cursed him, Gambit journeys deep into the jungles of Guatemala with a mysterious ally, in search of a lost temple. But instead of answers, he may just find betrayal!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"