Comics The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

LOL I DON'T want Rogue in this! :p She can go off and have her fun with Mags and leave my boy alone. 'Bout time he had some fun. Can't wait until next week! :D

LOL I DON'T want Rogue in this! :p She can go off and have her fun with Mags and leave my boy alone. 'Bout time he had some fun. Can't wait until next week! :D

The Magneto thing makes want to puke :csad:

And I'm excited too about next week! I'm getting this X-Men adrenaline rush these days: The Wolverine movie, the next first class movie! It's weird, but sometimes I'd wish all these things were real. Does that sound sick? :oldrazz:

The Magneto thing makes want to puke :csad:

And I'm excited too about next week! I'm getting this X-Men adrenaline rush these days: The Wolverine movie, the next first class movie! It's weird, but sometimes I'd wish all these things were real. Does that sound sick? :oldrazz:

Agreed. I can get my head round breaking up Rogue and Gambit (they'll eventually get back together anyway) if writers are having a hard time writing for it or if a writer wants to write a solo without Rogue appearing, but I'm just not a fan of Rogue and Magneto.

It's a shame there's not going to be a place for Gambit in The Wolverine. I'd argue that it would make sense because Gambit's the only guy he knows (sort of) after losing his memory, but it seems that the new film is ignoring the previous one. Which is probably for the best, but I kind of feel we could end up losing Gambit (and Liev's Sabretooth) in terms of X-films.

Though I'd love it if Gambit turned up in the Days of Future past film (the First Class sequel).

So is that new Gambit comic thing out yet?

Wednesday this week. :)

Soooo, has anyone read Gambit #1? Was it any good? The art looks amazing in the preview and snippets of pages I've seen online (*cough* shower scene *cough*)! I managed to get a poster of the cover of Gambit #1 that will be going into my office!

I was never a fan of Gambit, my first real introduction to him was in the animated series and next to Cyclops and Jean he and Rogue bored me. Then Claremont wrote him in Extreme and let's not go there lol.

I always like the idea of his skill set and what that could add to the story but I found in the comics I read him in that that didn't happen. So after hearing the buzz and seeing the preview I thought I'd give it a chance which I'm glad I did.

I thought it was pretty solid. There was even a WTF moment thrown in at the end. Pick it up if you haven't already. For the first time in years we see Gambit being in character again.

I thought it was pretty solid. There was even a WTF moment thrown in at the end. Pick it up if you haven't already. For the first time in years we see Gambit being in character again.

I'll pick it up for sure the next time I'm back in the US! Glad to hear that it was good.

Yeah, it was great. :) Nice to see Gambit more like his old self. It's definately worth picking up.

I think he was handled well in X-23 as well but it's good to hear the title is doing him justice. I'm on a strict budget unfortunately and had to pass on it. I might come back later if it looks like it's picking up or if I free a few bucks from my buy list.

I want this.

But I'm waiting until Saturday. It's tax-free weekend in MA, and my comic store is having a huge sale on hardcovers and softcovers.

I'll give it a 7. Good start and I think Asmus has a good handle on the character and the art is decent. The issue wasnt all that exciting but it was good enough

I like Mann's art but not a fan of his faces. His characters are emotionless and have the same blank expression on all their faces. His pages, character models and action scenes are quite good though, but its the faces that really bother me

I was never a fan of Gambit, my first real introduction to him was in the animated series and next to Cyclops and Jean he and Rogue bored me. Then Claremont wrote him in Extreme and let's not go there lol.

I always like the idea of his skill set and what that could add to the story but I found in the comics I read him in that that didn't happen. So after hearing the buzz and seeing the preview I thought I'd give it a chance which I'm glad I did.

For me, it was the total opposite! Cyke and Jean, meh. Rogue and Remy, hell yeah!!

Cyke and Jean were tops for me. Gambit and Rogue I liked at first but their back and forth relationship got very old and drawn out. They define each other now and I don't think that's a good thing. I'm glad it looks like Marvel's trying to get them to stand on their own legs.

Cyke and Jean were tops for me. Gambit and Rogue I liked at first but their back and forth relationship got very old and drawn out. They define each other now and I don't think that's a good thing. I'm glad it looks like Marvel's trying to get them to stand on their own legs.
Marvel's doing nothing of the sort. There are some hardcore Rogue fanboys in the X-office, and they wanted her back with Magneto, so they went and did it.

If they really wanted to have Gambit stand on his own they'd of have him tell Rogue to buzz off with her super villain bf and not bother dealing with her anymore.

I find it hard to believe that there are more Magneto/Rogue fans than Gambit/Rogue fans. There are tons of us out there, I know, check fanfiction! Don't know if that's a valid point, but... I'll jus keep hoping for some Romyness. :hrt:

I find it hard to believe that there are more Magneto/Rogue fans than Gambit/Rogue fans. There are tons of us out there, I know, check fanfiction! Don't know if that's a valid point, but... I'll jus keep hoping for some Romyness. :hrt:

The way the X-Office has operated lately it really hasn't mattered... There are some hardcore Magneto/Rogue fans among the writers, so that's what's being pushed.

You know what I hoping we get from this book although it is connected to his past that they're moving away from are that his Death persona is dealt with and that his full potential is reached let's face it the brain can rewrite itself, OK I know a chuck of it is missing but if Fringe can do it so can Marvel lol,.

You know what I hoping we get from this book although it is connected to his past that they're moving away from are that his Death persona is dealt with and that his full potential is reached let's face it the brain can rewrite itself, OK I know a chuck of it is missing but if Fringe can do it so can Marvel lol,.

The only writer that ever had any interest in Death Gambit was Mike Carey, so as long as the character doesn't wind up in one of his books again it'll probably be a dead issue.

I know I actually want it gone removed from him simply because it was a bad idea. I just don't like it hanging about in the background because one day someone will get the idea to revisit it and them it will be left hanging again like it was until Carey brought it up.

Was the new Gambit ongoing good? Is it worth reading for somebody that hasn't read much of Gambit's modern stories?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"