Comics The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

I want him on X-force. Ive wanted that for years

Seriously. :D That would be awesome!

I certainly hope he joins Logan's team. It would put my two top faves in one book and I can finally drop some titles. :(

I think because he's on Wolverines side of that pic means that he is part of his team. Aaron did mention that his books cast is fairly large.

Him being on X-force would be awesome too.

Well, Mike Carey seems to be leaving Legacy after the next arc. It's seems Gambit will be hanging around post-Schism in Legacy and possibly joing the Wolverine and the X Men title as well, if the rumors/covers are to be believed. I wonder what this will mean for Deathbit?

I've seen promo art where he seems to be on Cyke's side of the split too, though.

But honestly it could go either way. His relationship with so many of the X-Men has been torn to pieces in recent years, so it's not like he's got any particular favorites at this point, besides X-23.

Gambit in X Force would be great, not particularly because I believe Gambit would support their mission statement, but because Remender does a great job with the title.

It would be sad if Gambit and Storm end up on opposite ends of the rift in Schism. She has consistently been the one X Man that has stood by him, and he has probably the most respect for her out of all of the X Men.

Yeah but Storm hasn't been around much anyhow. :( Such a waste of a good character.

Gambit gets some cover love in the November solicits. :D

xmen259cov_col_forpreviewsonly_02.jpg

Oh god, I feel like this triangle is as tired as the Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine one

Seriously, lol. Gambit needs to move on to something better. :)

Gambit in X Force would be great, not particularly because I believe Gambit would support their mission statement, but because Remender does a great job with the title.

It would be sad if Gambit and Storm end up on opposite ends of the rift in Schism. She has consistently been the one X Man that has stood by him, and he has probably the most respect for her out of all of the X Men.

Depends. I just feel like X-Force is dark in a way that Gambit's not... he's a thief, not an assassin. Not above eliminating a target, but far more likely to find a way around having to do that.

Plus I just don't think he fits in with the rest of the cast that well. And, well... I hate Wolverine... :woot:

I honestly think the best place for Gambit right now remains at X-23's side. He's an X-Man that's been to the edge and back. Been abandoned and alone plenty. Who better to tutor/watch over a volatile personality like that?

Yeah, I certainly hope he stays in her book. I like them together very much. :)

I agree he works well with X-23, but that is not nearly enough Gambit!

As long as he's a main team member in Legacy or W+X that'll be fine...

Although I would love to see Remender write the cajun, just cuz that guy is so damn good at these characters voices

I agree he works well with X-23, but that is not nearly enough Gambit!

As long as he's a main team member in Legacy or W+X that'll be fine...

Although I would love to see Remender write the cajun, just cuz that guy is so damn good at these characters voices

I agree, Gambit just appearing in X-23 would be terrible, no matter how good Liu writes him.

I don't see Legacy continuing as a Rogue book when Carey leaves, i'm hoping he's in Legacy and is somewhat in WATXM.

I don't have high hopes for Remender though, as he pretty much just took the mick out of Gambit in the latest X-Force imo.

Guess we'll have to see how our boy gets treated after Schism, hopefully he won't get relegated to simple cannon fodder or wasted one liners. :(

I think that's a great note to move on to some fan questions, starting with some X-Men-centric ideas. Whalers77 had this to say, "Axel, congrats and I look forward to the weekly Q&As going forward! Could you let everyone know your thoughts on Gambit and where you see him in Marvel's future? For such a popular character amongst fans (not sure about Marvel staff), you'd expect to see a little more of him, maybe even beyond the X-Men but in something like Secret Avengers (?).

Alonso: Let me turn this over to X-Men Group editor/gangsta rapper, Nick Lowe. Nick?

Lowe: Gambit will continue to play a big role in "X-Men: Legacy," but he's also been showing up in Marjorie Liu's "X-23" as well! So don't fret Whalers77, you'll have a monthly dose of our Cajun card slinger!

1314389687.jpg

1314389689.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=34111

Funny, they made a point of showing Gambit making his staff/gun thingy in Legacy and then later, he has just the staff. I fully expected him to use the gun against that robot dude in that top pic and yet he didn't. Why bring it up and then not use it? It's the same book....

Funny, they made a point of showing Gambit making his staff/gun thingy in Legacy and then later, he has just the staff. I fully expected him to use the gun against that robot dude in that top pic and yet he didn't. Why bring it up and then not use it? It's the same book....

See Deathbit======>:whatever:

What did everyone think of AoA Gambit in X-Force? I thought it was weird that he was still hung up on Rogue (aughhhh!) in spite of giving up his feelings for her way back in the original AoA run.

See Deathbit======>:whatever:

What did everyone think of AoA Gambit in X-Force? I thought it was weird that he was still hung up on Rogue (aughhhh!) in spite of giving up his feelings for her way back in the original AoA run.

Shame at that, since AoA Gambit was one of the few Gambits in the character's history that actually had managed to get over Rogue and function like his own character and not a side piece.

But AoA Gambit is also kinda/sorta dead and shelved away in an Alt-Reality, so I'm not that perturbed.

So of course they killed him off. :( And of course he did it to save HER. Bleah....

So of course they killed him off. :( And of course he did it to save HER. Bleah....

I am sooo over the Romy thing! And this coming from one of their most ardant supporters from the 90's!

In other news...has anyone seen the Gambit character for Super Hero Squad online??? HE IS SOOOOOO CUTE! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"