God of War The Official God of War Thread - Part 2

Hopefully they will feature the other realms that weren't featured in the last game!

I've been spending some of my quarantine playing all the God of War games. Every single one that came out for PS2 and PSP on PS Now from the original 2005 game to Ascension and finally GoW 2018. I just beat the last one today and I have to say I have no idea what I've been missing all these years. I had a PS2 when GOW1 and 2 came out years ago so I have no excuse for missing out on those but better late than never. Those games were fun but GoW 2018 took it to the next level in terms of storytelling and actually giving Kratos some humanity. I really can't wait for the next game considering the cliffhanger but it's hard to tell when that's going to be. There's still a lot of possibilities open for this series, I just hope we get to see Kratos vs. Egyptian gods like Anubis and Osiris before long.

I've been spending some of my quarantine playing all the God of War games. Every single one that came out for PS2 and PSP on PS Now from the original 2005 game to Ascension and finally GoW 2018. I just beat the last one today and I have to say I have no idea what I've been missing all these years. I had a PS2 when GOW1 and 2 came out years ago so I have no excuse for missing out on those but better late than never. Those games were fun but GoW 2018 took it to the next level in terms of storytelling and actually giving Kratos some humanity. I really can't wait for the next game considering the cliffhanger but it's hard to tell when that's going to be. There's still a lot of possibilities open for this series, I just hope we get to see Kratos vs. Egyptian gods like Anubis and Osiris before long.

They did some stuff with the Egyptian gods when they started production for the 2018 game, some of the concept art is out in the wild and featured in the making of documentary, but they decided it wasnt where they wanted to take Kratos and abandoned the idea. They dodged a bullet because Assassins Creed Origin came out and its mythology was Egyptian and one of its DLCs was set in the egyptian afterlife. The 9 Realms setting gave GOW a fresh world that no other game was really doing anything with.

I'd love to see other gods' realms, particularly the hindu deities' realms, but Idk if it can happen in this trilogy. Kratos and Atreus havent even been to all of Odin's realms yet, and I think Asgard might be saved for the third game which I also think will be the final Kratos game. But if Atreus continues to be liked by fans maybe the publisher and devs will give us another trilogy starring Atreus. He could travel throughout the realms getting into adventures and trouble inspiring all the myths and legends about
Loki

Been playing this heavily myself when I am not in work. It is just an awesome game and I have made a start on the Valkyrie's despite not finishing the game yet. Man are they tough.

Yeah I would worry on the sequel. They are obviously taking their time which isn’t a bad thing.

Just been on this game for like 5 hours straight. VERY rare a game can keep interested for that long these days.

It worries me that no sequel has been announced yet.
There'll be another one for sure, it's just that we live in an era where games have a longer development time. God of War 4 came out 5 years after the previous God of War game, Red Dead Redemption II came out 8 years after the first game, The Last of Us Part II will be coming out 7 years after the first game, etc. More powerful systems mean bigger games which means longer development schedules. It's a blessing and a curse. The wait sucks but considering the finished product of something that much time and effort went into is almost unanimously praised, I'd say it's worth it.

It's weird how we get Assassin's Creeds so often, although they were taking a hit in quality by being that regular.

Completed the story for this last weekend, just working on the platinum now, which I very rarely go for but I only have a few trophies left and have enjoyed this thoroughly.

This game is more cinematic than most movies.

Been playing this heavily myself when I am not in work. It is just an awesome game and I have made a start on the Valkyrie's despite not finishing the game yet. Man are they tough.
The last one is the hardest and the one I haven't annihilated.

Don't forget to buy the resurrection stone before you battle em.

The last one is the hardest and the one I haven't annihilated.

Don't forget to buy the resurrection stone before you battle em.

I only have the last to beat now and heard she is the hardest, but the Niflheim one was the first one not to kill me at least once, so she was quite easy all things considered.

But yeah I have gone into every Valkyrie fight with a resurrection stone.

Completed the story for this last weekend, just working on the platinum now, which I very rarely go for but I only have a few trophies left and have enjoyed this thoroughly.

This game is more cinematic than most movies.
Yeah, this is one of the things I love most about the series. You could easily watch all the cinematic and in game talking parts as a great long movie.

Well people aren't kidding when they say the Valkyrie queen is the hardest, closest I have have come is getting her down to half of her life bar.

So gone back to Ivaldi's workshop to upgrade my gear more before facing her again.

I only have the last to beat now and heard she is the hardest, but the Niflheim one was the first one not to kill me at least once, so she was quite easy all things considered.

But yeah I have gone into every Valkyrie fight with a resurrection stone.
Nilfheim is the one with the poisonous atmosphere?
Whats weird about that one is I kept having trouble finding the treasure there (which I found once but lost it since I ran out of breathable air) and I stumbled with the Valkyrie there. And it was one of the easiest, probably because I upgraded my gears so many times and I've already defeated a couple of Valkyries.

The last one,I just gave up as I won't need the reward.

Nilfheim is the one with the poisonous atmosphere?
Whats weird about that one is I kept having trouble finding the treasure there (which I found once but lost it since I ran out of breathable air) and I stumbled with the Valkyrie there. And it was one of the easiest, probably because I upgraded my gears so many times and I've already defeated a couple of Valkyries.

The last one,I just gave up as I won't need the reward.

Yep that’s Niflheim. When you say treasure do you mean the anchors of fog? Because I didnt find any for hours and then last night got 3 on the run.

After Niflheim, Sigrun will be my only trophy left so I just have to beat her somehow.

I'm pretty sure it was just one "enchantment", if I'm not wrong.

The last Valkyrie, I did try to fight her like five times. But I think its impossible to defeat her without the strongest enchantments/upgrades. So I just left her alone.

I'm pretty sure it was just one "enchantment", if I'm not wrong.

The last Valkyrie, I did try to fight her like five times. But I think its impossible to defeat her without the strongest enchantments/upgrades. So I just left her alone.

For the armour it's several things, but it's probably the best armour in the game so it's worth it.

I get what you mean about Sigrun, I tried about 10 times and half of her life bar was the closest I got. But I have since fully upgraded the axe, and Ivaldi's chest armour has one more upgrade to go, so I will be trying again this week some time.

Beat Sigrun and got the platinum tonight, only my 3rd ever platinum but very satisfying overall.

Found Sigrun a but easier this time as well, though still took a few tries.

Beat Sigrun and got the platinum tonight, only my 3rd ever platinum but very satisfying overall.

Found Sigrun a but easier this time as well, though still took a few tries.
Congrats mate! This is an impressive one. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"