God of War The Official God of War Thread - Part 2

The fights with the likes of Thor and Odin are going to be something in the next game that’s for sure!

It would be a good promo for the PS5!
Next gen God of War is what I’m most looking forward to seeing alongside next gen Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect.

I just finished and I really liked it. The first half was a bit slow for me story wise and then the kid falls ill and everything picked up like crazy. I hope the sequel is announced next year. Think Thor will be the big bad in the next one and Odin in the third.

The 3rd will probably be released on the PS6 then...

The 3rd will probably be released on the PS6 then...

Hm? What makes you say that?

The "first" one came out 2018, the second one 2021 in the first year of the ps5.
Going by this, the third one if there is a third...would come out 2024-2026.
Unless the ps5 era goes less than 5 years, it would come out for ps5...but i just noticed i spent way too much thinking about that.XD

I mean it’s pretty disappointing that we got only 1 GoW game for the PS4

Its for the best as that one game revitalized the series and had more content than all of the previous games

God of war 3 didn't have a sequel baiting iirc. Unless Ragnarök is Coming ends like Uncharted 4 or God of war 3 then sure. But we already know Santa Monica is eyeing on 5 God of War games starting with the reboot. It doesn't make sense to give that statement and then only release 1 new game for the ps5. Also Santa Monica only makes GOW games.

I obviously can't wait for the new God of War. I wonder how brutal (and powerful) the next Norse Gods (specially Thor) are going to be. Which other Gods people wanna see? I think that guys like Heimdall and Tyr could be great.

Since Kratos got older I’ve thought we will see his death in a game at some point.

Since Kratos got older I’ve thought we will see his death in a game at some point.

I hope not, it would just seem cheap at this point, and he was certainly no slouch in the last game.

He is facing both Thor and Odin soon though.

Thats more than likely.
Would surprise me if not, because at some point Kratos needs to find peace...and that only can happen with his death i think.

I expect him to one day let go of his guilt and grief and find peace in his death.

On the other hand, part of me would love to see a really old Kratos go against Egypt Gods after this story with the Norse Gods.

But the big question is what they have planned with Atreus.
I could see the series continue with him, if they continue to write the character well.

I hope not, it would just seem cheap at this point, and he was certainly no slouch in the last game.

He is facing both Thor and Odin soon though.
Doesn’t have to be anytime soon and I’d be happy with them keeping him around for the next 80 years on endless adventures. :D

I just get the feel that ageing him up was a one way move that starts the clock ticking (even if it’s within a couple of trilogies time) and that they are eventually planning to show us his death to close out his story (and hopefully leave an opening to carry on).

Thats more than likely.
Would surprise me if not, because at some point Kratos needs to find peace...and that only can happen with his death i think.

I expect him to one day let go of his guilt and grief and find peace in his death.

On the other hand, part of me would love to see a really old Kratos go against Egypt Gods after this story with the Norse Gods.

But the big question is what they have planned with Atreus.
I could see the series continue with him, if they continue to write the character well.
Good points. Him finding peace through death feels like the natural ending for him (after he's ravaged every pantheon left :cwink: )

Atreus will need to start hitting the gym and building up to being sufficiently badass to take Kratos' place in future then haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"