Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First episode of season 2 was pretty good.

I liked the
penguin and Zasaz dynamic, Gordon getting his hands a little dirty and the Arkham 6 stuff.

CPDCt9YUwAA9wtU.jpg:large

Has anyone seen the first episode of season 2? Initial thoughts?

Welcome to the Rise of the Villains
[YT]sUPGf6HS2fs[/YT]
Monsters Are Coming
[YT]ZP2dvpaUz8E[/YT]

Has anyone seen the first episode of season 2? Initial thoughts?

Not sure how I feel about the road that Gordon has taken. Seems awfully ooc for him to have fallen so far,so quickly. Yes he killed in self-defense but during the committing of a crime. Penguin will have a lot of leverage on him now. Same with Selina. She seems to be following a dark path. I was hoping she could remain a sort of gray character.
Crazy Barb is much better than annoying Barb.
Now that Loeb is out of the way and Essen is commissioner I look for Bullock to come back to the force. Something will probably happen to his girlfriend. No one in Gotham gets a happy ending.
The Arkham Six oops five since Sionis didn't go willingly. Seems like a threatening enough group to keep the GCPD busy.
Love that Bruce is getting taller and more commanding in his relationship with Alfred. I see big changes in their future. All in all I give it an 8/10

Just some quick thoughts on the first episode of Season 2:

I most certainly like the playful tone of the episode and it makes for better viewing than the bland core of Season 1. Actually, if I didn't know where the characters would eventually end, I'd actually consider it to be very good television!

Which brings me to THE gripe: They are really playing fast and loose with the mythology. Gordon, Selena, even Bruce- I'd find it really difficult to buy that any of these characters would end how they would in the comics.

The showrunners have said that they are not locked onto 100% renderings of the comics characters. It's their take on the characters and origins. Hence, that's why I love Gotham: there's not going to be a show/season/movie showing Batman waging war on the city which we saw fall, over the course of several seasons. It's a prelude to a tale that we render in our minds.

I'm thinking they may be trolling us with this kid that appears he might be the Joker. they're gonna go to great lengths to make us believe he is the Joker, and then, and the end of the season they'll kill him off, so they can sya "Nyah, Nyah! Fooled ya!"
I will say I think this Cameron guy is doing an excellent job of playing a "might be Joker."

Last edited:
Did the show start? If so I missed the premiere

No the Premiere is Monday the 1st Episode actually out early for Playstation Plus users.

Too late. It's off the PSN as of last night.

Unfortunately for them, it leak everywhere.

About freaking time. No if only all of DC would do the same.

New Day, Dark Nights
[YT]mmFBREWr_z8[/YT]

I checked out the new episode, it's...alright I suppose. I didn't see THAT much of a change, but crazy Barbara is kinda working for me.

Stuff like this is so dumb. Put the f***ing first act of the episode up, give them a tease, but the whole thing? What reason will people have to tune in on Monday? Stupid of FOX.

can someone who saw the ep please answer me a question ?!

did Nathaniel Barnes appear in the episode ?!

please remember to use
spoiler tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija