Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Smaller, but this is a nice banner:
cxjqlpgkzxo21.jpg

Well, at least we know the suit looks okay from behind...

No one's bothered with m1ll3r right? Except me? Okay then I'll be the one who asks.

@m1ll3r Why do you follow Gotham news/ leaks so closely despite not watching Gotham and even hating it? I mean I watched Gotham religiously and I'm not as leak-savvy as you. I've been in this Gotham subforum for nearly 3 years now (it's the reason I registered at SHH, along with the BvS box office) and throughout the years I've seen you occasionally stopping by and dropping news/ leaks/ condescending comments about literally 3 topics:

1. "useless Batman prequel without Batman"
2. "tiny scrawny little David Mazouz"
3. Gotham's "trashy costume design"

I honestly don't know why you're so obsessed with the show. You clearly don't watch it, you actually don't hate it (because you don't watch it) but you hate the existence of it (because it's "Gotham without Batman" or whatever). So what motivates you to seek out Gotham news, which you always abhor, and then post those in the Gotham discussion thread? It's clearly not because you want attention/ want to rile fans up because you've dropped in several times and no regular posters here pay attention to you (I think there's only me who throw unfunny snarky comments towards you sometimes). It's clearly not because you want to "convert" Gotham fans into haters like you because no matter how much "bad news" you bring in people will still watch the show despite all that (even when they agree with your opinion to an extent).

So, why do you keep dropping "bad news" here just for people to ignore you? I distinctly remember there was a CW superfan who was obsessed with Gotham ratings (despite not watching it I think) and was always the first posting "Gotham scored record low last night" but even them got bored after a while.

Sorry dude. I haven’t bothered coming into this forum, so didn’t see your post until now. Just as well there’s a new picture of the Batman costume out, otherwise I might never have come in here again!

Give me a few minutes and I promise I’ll come back to you with a full and proper response...

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Big Bang, Grey's, Hawaii Five-0, Gotham, Legends, Walking Dead, Jane the Virgin and More!

Question: Are there any Gotham spoilers on the Barbara-Jim-Lee triangle — especially now that Barbara is Jim’s “baby mama”? —Garrett
Ausiello: Well, in the time since you sent this email, Barbara became mama to a bona fide baby. A baby girl, in fact. And I can confirm that in the series finale, which features a full-decade time jump, we will see a 10-year-old Barbara Gordon, who of course is fated to follow in the bootsteps of Yvonne Craig and Alicia Silverstone.

Not sure if it has been confirmed if this is connected to Gotham, but both shows look similar.

They have the same showrunner Danny Cannon.

Though I think word got out that's it's not connected to Gotham.

I'm still not sure how I feel about his look. That said, a LOT of people weren't sure about Ledger's look, either.

I like it. Different, but hey, its Mr. J. Which kinda explains the point.

PS makes me think Doc Brown became the Joker, lol

Eh it doesnt really make much difference now.
Let them do what they feel is right with this series finale, it wont make the series any better or so.
Makes sense for the story and all but im not really sold on it...part looks fine but there is also something about it that just looks bad.

I actually don't hate this and kind of dig the way the prosthetic looks in this image and the actual footage (NOT the horrible promo pic). I'm also usually very forgiving when it comes to Joker adaptations -- even Leto's -- because The Joker is a character with endless potential to be adapted and re-imagined in a multitude of ways. Nearly all versions of The Joker have some redeeming qualities or things that can be appreciated, even while sometimes having lackluster elements.

Still, the lack of an actual head of hair is very jarring and kind of taints the rest of his look for me. It's almost as if WB (in keeping with their tradition of not allowing Gotham to have the "real" Joker) told the showrunners that they could finally feature a full-fledged Joker -- as long as they chose just ONE of his most defining aspects to leave out. "You want him to have a real purple suit, totally perma-white skin, perma-grin, and red lips? Fine, but they NO GREEN HAIR! Or at least not enough for anyone to see..."

I mean, almost any kind of hair would look better than this. Slicked back, long/straggly, wild/unkempt, receding hairlines (a la Nicholson), buzz cut, undercut, comb-over, etc. But it is what it is. He'll probably only have 5-10 minutes more screentime this season anyway.

Doesn't it look like Joker from Arkham City and Knights? Sure, minus the hair and the different colored gloves, but look at the face. Inspirational source?

latest

latest

There is no way in hell David Mazouz plays an older Bruce Wayne here. Right? Any word on who they cast for this?

If they can make Cameron look like that I'm pretty sure they have the means to make David look 10 years older.

Its not really the same Thing. Its very different to just make somebody look like a monster, compared to make a 17-18 Year old kid look like a Guy in His late 20s.

Its not really the same Thing. Its very different to just make somebody look like a monster, compared to make a 17-18 Year old kid look like a Guy in His late 20s.

This. And the fact that David Mazouz doesn't even look 17-18. He looks younger. Aging him up with makeup seems... lazy.

Unfortunate this show had already committed to its end before WB relaxed with the use of it's hot DC properties. Given they have a 50 odd year old appearing as Batman in Titans season 2 it would have been nice if Mazouz got a couple of episodes at the least to flex his Bat muscles.

What can they really do with 40 odd minutes that is justice to the character?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"